• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cops kill Down Syndrome man

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not this. She didn't know how to deal with him either.

- - - Updated - - -

WTF is wrong with you?

Oh yeah let me guess, I'm sure you are also okay with the story of the WWII vet in the wheelchair getting shot also huh! If some grown as people can't handle a situation with an elderly man in a wheelchair, they deserve to be labeled as "NAZI PIGS".

Charles.

I have cops in my family, several of them. I'm friends with a few cops. They take their job seriously and perform it with dignity and valor. These *******s deserve to hang.

I have cops in my family, several of them. I'm friends with a few cops. They take their job seriously and perform it with dignity and valor. These *******s deserve to hang.

Exactly. My grandfather was a detective, joining the force after he served in WWII and then Korea. He would be appalled and is probably rolling in his grave at what his profession has become. This isn't a bash on all cops, but these guys deserve whatever fate and karma has in store...

this has been bothering me all day so I am just going to say it...

everytime I see this thread title, I think it sounds like the cops killed a superhero and I picture him having movies about him. "Down Syndrome Man" was trying to save the day and they killed him.

not sure if my sense of humor means I am going to hell, but I'll accept it

WTF is wrong with you? Those pigs MURDERED a Down Syndrome afflicted person. Do you not get that? As I said, I won't say what I think should happen to those cops in public, but rest assured, they deserve the worst possible fate.

Murdered him? Did you even read the article?

“Part of the problem is that police officers in Maryland aren't trained enough in how to deal with developmentally disabled people like my brother. I think training is an important next step in making sure that what happens to my brother never happens to anyone else,” Emma Saylor says on the Change.org page.

No Emma. They don't need special training to recognize how to deal with this (photo of victim from article):

1.jpg

This really bothers me... My Aunt with Downs Syndrome was the sweetest person on the planet. Nicer than every mother****er I've ever met on this planet, or the godforsake land of internet forums. RIP bud. I hope you get to watch zero dark thirty all day where you are.

back to adding people to ignore list.

I still don't see where they had to crush his larynx

NM

How was his larynx crushed? Was it intentional? Everything I see reported says he was combative, is frequently combative, and the cops didn't appear to be unduly rough.

Last edited:
Down Syndrome Man Goes to Movies, Ends up in Morgue - ABC News

Saylor says her brother, at 5-foot-6 and 294 pounds, was "overweight" and the Chief Medical Examiner Office in Baltimore indicated that may have contributed to the asphyxiation. The medical examiner also noted damage to Ethan's larynx that may have contributed to his death, according to numerous press reports.

The direct action of police caused this person to die....homicide, murder, candy coat it anyway you want. These three *******s caused him to die. And they should be held accountable.

Last edited:

Yes. He was alive and well prior to his run-in with these POS off-duty cops. He posed no physical threat to anybody. He was developmentally challenged. He is now dead after being physically assaulted by off-duty cops. They protected and served this Down Syndrome-afflicted person right into a grave at 26 years old. If that was my son or daughter you had "protected and served" to death... [edited for content]

the cops didn't appear to be unduly rough.

He's dead. How is that not "unduly rough"? You obviously are either a JBT or an apologist for them. No cop I know would tolerate nor condone this behavior.

Let's use some ***king common sense:
1. Was anyone (other than the victim) in physical danger at any time prior to the physical altercation? No
2. Was the victim being violent prior to being assaulted by the off-duty cops? No
3. Was the victim developmentally challenged? Yes.
4. Was the victim being non-compliant with whatever instructions the off-duty cops were issuing? Yes
5. What was the criminal or civil violation prior to the assault by the off-duty cops? Trespassing, at worst.
6. Did any of the above require ***king JBT to physically assault the victim? No
7. Did the victim expire after being assaulted by these POS JBT? Yes.

Last edited:
Yes. He was alive and well prior to his run-in with these POS off-duty cops. He posed no physical threat to anybody. He was developmentally challenged. He is now dead after being physically assaulted by off-duty cops. They protected and served this Down Syndrome-afflicted person right into a grave at 26 years old. If that was my son or daughter you had "protected and served" to death... [edited for content]

So private businesses should be forced to deal with unruly patrons? They wanted him gone, he wouldn't leave.

NM

How was his larynx crushed? Was it intentional? Everything I see reported says he was combative, is frequently combative, and the cops didn't appear to be unduly rough.
was he being combative before the officers tried to forcefully remove him?

or was it escalated unnecessarily and negligently, ultimately leading to the excessive use of force and an unnecessary death

- - - Updated - - -

I think this man could have been better served and people equally as protected by different methods not including physical confrontation

that is my opinion, but surely it's wrong

was he being combative before the officers tried to forcefully remove him?

or was it escalated unnecessarily and negligently, ultimately leading to the excessive use of force and an unnecessary death

He punched a window and wouldn't leave. Again, a private business owner is forced to deal with an unruly individual?

He could have been better served by leaving when asked.

cops not escalating the situation then killing the guy?

stun gun?

tackle and restrain him but dont choke/step/punch his throat?

I can think of many other ways it could have went down. I was not there, I can't say much other than it sounds incredibly suspect and it is in my opinion that it could have been handled more efficiently without a loss of human life

cops not escalating the situation then killing the guy?

stun gun?

tackle and restrain him but dont choke/step/punch his throat?

I can think of many other ways it could have went down. I was not there, I can't say much other than it sounds incredibly suspect and it is in my opinion that it could have been handled more efficiently without a loss of human life

Again, witnesses say they didn't see any of that happen. Care giver says she couldn't control him. Business says they want him gone. Cops touch him and he gets violent. Sounds like a shitty situation all around.

We shouldn't let that get in the way of a good nazi JBT thread, though.

Then what's the alternative?

Seriously, you should enlist in the Army or Marines immediately. Request an infantry MOS, preferably with a Ranger Battalion or Force Recon unit and make sure you tell your recruiter that you want to be "neck deep in the suck in some overseas ****hole". You should have no problem getting your blood-lust and murder boner taken care of...

* Edit * Ever seen or read Platoon? You remind me of Bunny...

Again, witnesses say they didn't see any of that happen. Care giver says she couldn't control him. Business says they want him gone. Cops touch him and he gets violent. Sounds like a shitty situation all around.

We shouldn't let that get in the way of a good nazi JBT thread, though.

It's called training. It's called learning to deal with dynamic situations that don't always need to dissolve into violence and a dead victim. The fact that you can't recognize that is appalling to me. If your attitude is prevalent in law enforcement today, this country is going to be in a world of shit much sooner than anyone realizes...

Last edited:
Martlet you're playing the role of a LEO apologist. I don't think you get the gravity of what happened here. I don't gang up on LEOs in those threads because it's pretty redundant, but this behavior isn't the same as other incidents. But I know, I must be wrong.

Seriously, you should enlist in the Army or Marines immediately. Request an infantry MOS, preferably with a Ranger Battalion or Force Recon unit and make sure you tell your recruiter that you want to be "neck deep in the suck in some overseas ****hole". You should have no problem getting your blood-lust and murder boner taken care of...

* Edit * Ever seen or read Platoon? You remind me of Bunny...

It's called training. It's called learning to deal with dynamic situations that don't always need to dissolve into violence and a dead victim. The fact that you can't recognize that is appalling to me. If your attitude is prevalent in law enforcement today, this country is going to be in a world of shit much sooner than anyone realizes...

Ever seen or read Of Mice And Men? You remind me of Lennie.

Martlet you're playing the role of a LEO apologist. I don't think you get the gravity of what happened here. I don't gang up on LEOs in those threads because it's pretty redundant, but this behavior isn't the same as other incidents. But I know, I must be wrong.

I don't think YOU get what happened here. An unqualified kid brought an unruly man into a private business. Private business wanted unruly man gone. Unruly man was unruly. He was restrained, not abusively according to witnesses. He died due to a combination of injury and existing conditions. Usual anti-police crowd cries about nazis and calls for cops to die.

Typical thread on NES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom