Complete Rookie

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new member to the board. Thanks for having me. You've got a great lively community hear that I'm excited to be a part of.

I'm just starting my journey as a potential gun owner and this site has been a great tool. Next week I take my basic pistol course and when that is completed I intend to apply for my LTC/A. I live in Methuen so I'm expecting an uphill battle. Any advice anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for having me,
Dave

Weclome!

taking hte pistol class is the first step.
Methuen is a pain in the arse from my understanding, so expect a restricted lic.

hit the range as much as possible and find what you are comfortable with.

enjoy [smile]

Welcome to the board Dave. Opinions vary but some would recommend at least consulting with a lawyer specializing in firearms law in MA if you're applying in a gun-hostile town. Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

Welcome to the board. I'm still a relative newbie here - only been on a little over 4 months.

I had my LTC (restricted to target and shooting)for a little over 2 months before I bought my first gun (a S&W 22a, good for beginners because the ammo is cheap so you can practice a lot without worrying about cost) 2 weeks ago.

You've found a good resource here. Learn, and have fun.

Welcome, Dave, from another newbie. My wife and I just got our LTCs this winter. This is a great forum; I can't even tell you how much I've learned from the folks here.

thanks so much for all the warm welcomes. you guys are great!

as for buying a gun, I don't intend to buy anything just yet. I've got a one year old and one on the way and I need to put a lot of thought into safety and that sort of stuff before I make a purchase.

I just want to exercise my rights :)

Welcome to the site Dave! I just received my LTC-A on Saturday. This site is full of awesome people who are very knowledgeable. Good luck!

-Scott

Back
Top Bottom