• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is there a reporting procedure for a buyer who doesn't complete his side and doesn't pay?

Is there a reporting procedure for a buyer who doesn't complete his side and doesn't pay?
MUCH more info needed.

Because I'm not sure I see how that can easily happen, either. If he doesn't pay, he doesn't get the merch.

In theory, you'd leave them negative feedback on the Classifieds. That's about the extent of the "reporting procedure" here.

Unfortunately this happens all the time with online commerce. Places like gun broker swing the hammer down and ban non paying bidders. In places like NES or the CMP forums all you can do is leave feedback so others can decide for themselves.

Can’t tell you how many times a buyer has backed out on me due to some catastrophe. How many cars trucks and water heaters break down at the perfect moment?

The only thing you can do is leave negative feedback. I've had buyers back out of sales too... and have lost the sale because I've told others that it was sold. When I went back to those buyers later, they had already picked up something else or grabbed from a different seller.

Leave negative feedback if they agreed to a price and time + location to complete the transaction. At least leave a neutral comment if they were stringing you along then ghosted you.

If merch shipped and no payment provided or payment was rescinded, leave neg rep and decide whether or not you want to involve the po-po.

I will assume this is a NES transaction that didn't happen.

Having 3 positive Feedback, I would assume you have already left feedback on others, checking your feedback given confirms this (although you only left 1 positive feedback, lame).

So, there is your answer.

That being said, negative feedback is like Herpes, so if you will give someone NES Herpes, it should be deserved.

Edit to add (this will sound mean so don't read if easily offended):

If the way you started this thread is any indication of your communication skills, maybe the buyer is not to blame for whatever happened.

Last edited:
Guy probably sobered up after agreeing to pay $65 for AK mags.

I'm always staggered. I think I paid $11 for Circle 10's back in the day. But you could get surplus steel mags for about $6 each. Hell, even AR mags weren't that crazy in price. And I recall the whole GlockTalk incident with the guy that was going to import G19/17 mags. I think the cost was $35 ea. Which was something like $10 cheaper than just online. Oh the stupidity we basked in. LOL

I will assume this is a NES transaction that didn't happen.

Having 3 positive Feedback, I would assume you have already left feedback on others, checking your feedback given confirms this (although you only left 1 positive feedback, lame).

So, there is your answer.

That being said, negative feedback is like Herpes, so if you will give someone NES Herpes, it should be deserved.

Edit to add (this will sound mean so don't read if easily offended):

If the way you started this thread is any indication of your communication skills, maybe the buyer is not to blame for whatever happened.
He didn’t provide anything related to what’s wrong and with a product.
Your last sentence isn’t wrong.

Guy probably sobered up after agreeing to pay $65 for AK mags.
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

Leave negative feedback if they agreed to a price and time + location to complete the transaction. At least leave a neutral comment if they were stringing you along then ghosted you.

If merch shipped and no payment provided or payment was rescinded, leave neg rep and decide whether or not you want to involve the po-po.
@Bob P was selling a firearm. I arranged to look at it on a Saturday morning. On Friday morning told him I couldn’t make it. He then neg repped me for “backing out.” Had not agreed to purchase, just to see it. So I naturally retaliated, citing “poor communication.” All unnecessary.

So now whether buying or selling specify sale and price are contingent on inspection. Who buys a used firearm without looking at it?

Last edited:
@Bob P was selling a firearm. I arranged to look at it on a Saturday morning. On Friday morning told him I couldn’t make it. He then neg repped me for “backing out.” Had not agreed to purchase, just to see it.

So now whether buying or selling specify sale and price are contingent on inspection. Who buys a used firearm without looking at it?
Parts are a different story. I’ve never done or been treated wrong on everything I’ve done here.
What happened to being honest and trustworthy on your word?
Shit happens sometimes on very short notice. At least reconnect!!!

@Bob P was selling a firearm. I arranged to look at it on a Saturday morning. On Friday morning told him I couldn’t make it. He then neg repped me for “backing out.” Had not agreed to purchase, just to see it.

With good enough pics and description plus a guarantee that it is as described, some sales are closed remotely. An agreed upon price and an agreement to pay on X day is worthy of a neg rep if the buyer then ghosts the seller. Backing out last minute might be worthy of at least a neutral comment.

Incidentally, backing out of a look see a day in advance wouldn't constitute a neg rep nor even a neutral comment from me unless you did it more than once.

I have not purchased many guns from the classifieds, but when I have, I would never tell someone that I would take it, then back out.
OP - If someone did in fact agree to purchase something and then backed out without a good reason, you should really leave the appropriate feedback.

All my buys here on NES have been agreements to purchase sight unseen. If you know what you're looking for as far as problem areas, pics are usually enough. Add to that a seller with good, positive feedback, and the risk is almost nonexistent on this platform. JMO.

I've sold a lot too, and I only had one guy back out once we met up and he took a look. But he was apologetic and could articulate a reason for it. I didn't agree with his reason, but it was his decision and I thought that was fair. I had it sold to a backup buyer that same night, anyway.

I'd like to add that some stuff is ridiculous to have to check out before agreeing to buy. It's pretty f-ing rude to ask someone to drive to meet you for a used low round count Glock in basically mint condition- only to say nah, not what I'm looking for. I'll not only neg feedback you, I'll start a thread to mock you. Just kidding (sort of)

Lowball offer 3/10 on the rant scale
Loss of interest after promises on email, 5/10
Lowball during handling, 6/10
Driving somewhere for the sale only to be ghosted,7/10

I'd like to add that some stuff is ridiculous to have to check out before agreeing to buy. It's pretty f-ing rude to ask someone to drive to meet you for a used low round count Glock in basically mint condition- only to say nah, not what I'm looking for. I'll not only neg feedback you, I'll start a thread to mock you. Just kidding (sort of)
In my opinion it is inspect and purchase at the same time. Only reason to reject a gun is if there is something not mentioned in the post or shown in pics, like one side has a bunch of rust, or when you rack the slide it feels like something is very wrong. I have never had that happen on NES.

Besides that, you saw the damn pics, you already know what you are getting. Backing out like that is sh*t.

Always make clear the price negotiation is over before the meet. Unless a buyer finds some fault I missed, I don’t accept further negotiation at the exchange. I’ve only been burned once and sent the guy home.

Always make clear the price negotiation is over before the meet. Unless a buyer finds some fault I missed, I don’t accept further negotiation at the exchange. I’ve only been burned once and sent the guy home.
Not on NES but I dealt with a guy in 2003 when I selling my 03 XC800. He drove to the house with his trailer and tried shorting me 500 bucks. He was shocked standing in my kitchen as I was telling him to GTFO of my house and I wasn’t joking.
He dug into his other pocket and ponied it up.
Said he had to try.

Not on NES but I dealt with a guy in 2003 when I selling my 03 XC800. He drove to the house with his trailer and tried shorting me 500 bucks. He was shocked standing in my kitchen as I was telling him to GTFO of my house and I wasn’t joking.
He dug into his other pocket and ponied it up.
Said he had to try.

I would told him to GTFO a second time after he dug in his pocket and produced the other $500

In my opinion it is inspect and purchase at the same time. Only reason to reject a gun is if there is something not mentioned in the post or shown in pics, like one side has a bunch of rust, or when you rack the slide it feels like something is very wrong. I have never had that happen on NES.

Besides that, you saw the damn pics, you already know what you are getting. Backing out like that is sh*t.
Yep. If there's a problem I'd have no problem with someone backing out. If I overlooked a clear issue, I might even offer a price reduction to compensate. Assuming no unknown issues with the gun? Nobody has time to be a mobile show room.

Back
Top Bottom