• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2016: How did dealers FA10 stripped lowers? They were NOT complete guns...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptile

NES Member
In 2016, after Healey's Edict, dealers scrambled to sell "pre Healey" AR-15 lowers.

Many were up late processing the transactions on that night for thankful customers.

NES claims that dealers FA10'd some of these lowers to get them in under the gun - the deadline.

How was is possible to FA10 an AR-15 lower if it was not a complete gun?

Some dealers did it anyway. Barrel length 0.
That's what I was wondering.

Barrel length...

I guess stating that barrel length was 0 was legal in the eyes of the law.

I'm going to move my goodies to my ski chalet in NH but want to keep a couple Anderson lowers on the books in Massachusetts and was wondering how to register before ban.

Barrel length...

I'm going to move my goodies to my ski chalet in NH but want to keep a couple Anderson lowers on the books in Massachusetts and was wondering how to register before ban.

Dude, will you just stop, Jesus. If I had ski chalet in NH I would be claiming residency there and shutting the fruck up, end of story. Why the hell would you keep anything in MA?????

Barrel length...

Are you willing to part with any of those by chance? OoOo

It was a whole period of WTF,O? It still is. Gun shops I completely respect refuse to transfer anything post-ban b/c of "the edict." Maura has/had them THAT scared. For almost 8 years now.

I am wanting to say that FS did upper-less FA10's. Carl tends to stay WELLLLL inside the laws. I can appreciate it b/c he's got a bigger target on his back than most.

We certainly live in interesting times. Wishing this Summer we'd get a slew of "are you F'ing kidding us" SC rulings to end all of this crap.

It was a whole period of WTF,O? It still is. Gun shops I completely respect refuse to transfer anything post-ban b/c of "the edict." Maura has/had them THAT scared. For almost 8 years now.

I am wanting to say that FS did upper-less FA10's. Carl tends to stay WELLLLL inside the laws. I can appreciate it b/c he's got a bigger target on his back than most.

We certainly live in interesting times. Wishing this Summer we'd get a slew of "are you F'ing kidding us" SC rulings to end all of this crap.
Some dealers still sell new AR-15 lowers.

At least they advertise them in certain places.

How do they do the transaction?

Barrel 0 but what do they put for the caliber?

So, how do you prove you got it before the upcoming ban?
We spun around this merry-go-round in 2016. I remember you talking about whether to register everything or not. It's up to them to prove you didn't FA-10 something. I would argue the database sucks so bad that not being in there doesn't mean something wasn't FA-10'd. Let them prove otherwise.

How do they prove you didn't sell it for a bag of potato chips? We have no burden to show proof of sale, it's not a firearm. If I were to sell one (based on the assumption I possessed one) I would probably create a bill of sale to cover myself. The way the upcoming ban is looking and this is just a presumption, is there means of grandfathering will be requiring it registered in the state. If you don't register it it doesn't matter when you obtained it it's going to be illegal and you are going to be a felon -they want that confiscation list.

How do they prove you didn't sell it for a bag of potato chips? We have no burden to show proof of sale, it's not a firearm. If I were to sell one (based on the assumption I possessed one) I would probably create a bill of sale to cover myself. The way the upcoming ban is looking and this is just a presumption, is there means of grandfathering will be requiring it registered in the state. If you don't register it it doesn't matter when you obtained it it's going to be illegal and you are going to be a felon -they want that confiscation list.
The government would have to set up some sort of registration system and website to process all that.

Nobody actually cares about this.

Particularly given that nobody actually knows what the legislation has actually been welded in yet. Maybe some people will actually care at that point but even then I kind of doubt it.

This is what most non retards think how the AGO or legislators talk/sound when making stupid blanket opinions about guns:

View: https://youtu.be/ss2hULhXf04?si=Z3OBn9I52Ub5NDAI

Rampant speculation is kinda dumb... we already have an entire thread on that shitty bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom