CMP: Springfield Armory Service grade... Gone, sold out, kaput.

M1 carbine ammo sold out last night. Lucky I got my order in Monday night!

You are now also limited to 10 cans of loose 30/06 HXP per year.

MS

Damn it I need a can of HXP!!!! Im down to 100 rounds left for the garand and m1917

Of course because of another member here I know have to try and find 7.62x39 for a Russian SKS [wink]

After reading the CMP forums my panic level has subsided. The general consensus is that they will have more SA M1 rifles available once they have caught up with the mountain of orders they currently have.

Buy receivers and parts kits.

2dd14176.jpg

even before the FR panic buying Orest Michaels CMP director stated they have aprox 2 years worth of Service grade garands left at current order rates?
As with many of the CMP past offerings there is little if any large arsenals of M1 garands being returned to the US Army/military to forward to the cmp.
Soon it will be Auction Only for cmp sales.
Parts kits ? where do you get a decent parts kit these days ? they where 350.00 last I found a source. Not to mention recievers,
I sadly think the end is closer than many would like to believe for the service grade M1 Garands. Remember the service grade rifles are sorted, stripped, cleaned reassembled by the cmp. rack grades may or may not get this treatment. Other than that all "collectable" or "of high interest" items go to auction.

They are marked sold out because they are so far behind. It happens from time to time.

The day will come when they are really gone.
This.

Anyone in the know seems to think they stopped accepting orders to play catch up. They did this on the service grade rifles early last year to clear out some of the field grades.

Orest was quoted as recently as a couple weeks ago noting they were about 2-3 years out from selling out. This should serve as a wake up call though.

200K would be what year? Gawd I think of all the M1's I handled in the Army racks and racks and never thought to look past the job,,LOL. One time it was two box cars on a rail siding.

It makes a great guest gun for visitors and the ladies and they have no problem getting on some steel at 300 yards.

afaed26d.jpg

200k is from March to August of 1941
Approx end month serial numbers:
March 211228
April 228527
May 248757
June 269686
July 296252
Aug 324301

From Scott Duff's, The M1 Garand World War II

Back
Top Bottom