• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP: Springfield Armory Service grade... Gone, sold out, kaput.

Waiting on my dbu email from the cmp. Ordered an HRA service grade and 400rds.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

If you got 1-5, you gotta have 6!
Again, a numerical accident...
Terrence, my comment was not panic buying. i am taking the long view. over 2 years, I watched the carbine's dwindle away andonly bought one. thought i had time. If i had bought 4 a year, I would have had 8. one of every manufacturer, a bavarian etc.. with an average price os $550. looking at these things at $700+ and up really wakes me up to it.

if i can buy a couple/ three Garands a year until they run out, i dont expect to have any regrets.........like last time
The CMP's limit is 12 Garands per year...[grin]
hra service
You will not be disappointed. However, expect a replacement CMP stock--Orest recently said the odds of GI wood on the service grades is about 1 in 3.

I have a Springfield FG on the way; I did it so I could have a Garand that I wouldn't mind getting "bumped around" as it would be, and was looking for something from an earlier era than my HRA so I put a sticky note on the order--we'll see if she gets fulfilled.

Dang it!!! my notarized letter just expired. I got a letter from CMP they have my application but can't process until they get the updated one!! I sent it next day today, we will see the turnaound. I knew since my C&R just renewed , i was close. Hope is not a plan, i should have sent another one.

oh well. they have it now. 3 more years of buying Garands.... assuming they last that long

im fine with that, i want a good looking shooter....nothing of mine is a safe queen ;)
If you do get the new CMP wood take a look at Mac's post and this post from CMP forums. They have a pretty good run down on how to fit your stock to your rifle to improve accuracy and prevent shot stringing.

- - - Updated - - -

Dang it!!! my notarized letter just expired. I got a letter from CMP they have my application but can't process until they get the updated one!! I sent it next day today, we will see the turnaound. I knew since my C&R just renewed , i was close. Hope is not a plan, i should have sent another one.

oh well. they have it now. 3 more years of buying Garands.... assuming they last that long
Lets hope so!

I'm sitting here with my fingers crossed. I sent in my first ever CMP order for a service-grade Springfield on 1/22, a couple of weeks before word went out that they aren't taking any more orders. Over a month later and I haven't heard a peep. Orest asks that we don't inquire so they can focus on building guns... Any thoughts on how long I should wait before I start thinking that it was lost on the mail truck and contact them to check on it?

From what I been following its running about 25 days before they even run your paper work and back ground check. If all is well with your order you will get the DBU email then expect about 60-90 days for delivery.
Not knowing if it actually made it there is another worry in itself. The more active buyers at my club recommend usps flat rate envelope with signature confirmation or over night delivery.
Good luck.......I'm still tempted gp drop in another corder for a H&R
I placed a order for a case of 22lr was 15 days before I got the order confirmation/back ordered might get it in 5 months email.
I don't care how long it takes as long I get it. In 2009 I waited 7 months for a garand from cmp.

I'm sitting here with my fingers crossed. I sent in my first ever CMP order for a service-grade Springfield on 1/22, a couple of weeks before word went out that they aren't taking any more orders. Over a month later and I haven't heard a peep. Orest asks that we don't inquire so they can focus on building guns... Any thoughts on how long I should wait before I start thinking that it was lost on the mail truck and contact them to check on it?
Have you even gotten your DBU email? If not is it possible it didn't get past your spam filters? Have you checked your estore account to see if you have any pending orders? I always take a look at the New Order Timeline thread on the CMP forums to get an idea of what stage orders are at. Typically most orders for the same item are within a week for most people. IE same date order arrived at CMP, same rifle ordered, same DBU, etc. They did have to stop taking orders for SA rifles because they couldn't keep up. Its a tough wait, trust me I know.

You should get in touch with them to confirm. They received my order on the 15th and I got my DBU on the 24th. Seems like they are shipping about a 30 to 45 days after DBU.

Debating if I should pick up a service grade HRA. A year ago the service grade HRA's were mint. Now, I'm not sure... Need to check the threads on the CMP forums.

just get one.
no such thing as a bad looking Garand from CMP. my SG was bought 3 years ago. a rugged used stock and beautiful just the same
when they are gone, you will be kicking yourself

You should get in touch with them to confirm. They received my order on the 15th and I got my DBU on the 24th. Seems like they are shipping about a 30 to 45 days after DBU.

Yikes! Will try to contact them... That's exactly what I didn't want to hear, but thanks!

ETA: Nothing in my spam/junk folder older than 2/20, so if it was there it isn't now. Sent email to customer service... Live and learn, and next time use delivery confirmation!

Last edited:
I've been waiting since 2/4 for my M1 carbine ammo order. I think the time-frame is now 60-90 days.

MS

Maj- Yours should be coming soon.... I mailed a M.O. late January, Fedex arrived this past monday. I didn't even get the "shipped" email....

Check the e-store periodically for your stutus...

Been checking the e-store most every day to keep my co-buyer in the loop. I didn't get a DBU email on the last 30/06 order in December, although the e-store did change from 'pending' to 'processed' the day of shipping.

MS

Sent an order on 1/14 for a Kimber and e-mailed customer service recently to see if I could add a Service Grade H&R. My DBU was back on 2/4.

Yikes! Will try to contact them... That's exactly what I didn't want to hear, but thanks!

ETA: Nothing in my spam/junk folder older than 2/20, so if it was there it isn't now. Sent email to customer service... Live and learn, and next time use delivery confirmation!
They have no record of receiving it... asked me to give them a few days to look through "unopened mail" [crying]

I sent in my order on 01/11/13 (My birthday) I got my DBU email on 01/31 but it is still not showing up in the estore yet, only my ammo order is (which was placed separately once I got my estore login details).

I might have read it wrong but I don't think they are sending emails out for ammo orders? One less thing they need to do.
One thing to do also is set up accounts with ups and fed ex so you get a notice on any package sent to you.

Back
Top Bottom