• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP: Springfield Armory Service grade... Gone, sold out, kaput.

Thanks for all the support, folks. The day I sent the packet I was doing a hundred things at once and am not sure whether or not I sent it registered mail. Pretty sure I did, but not sure where I put the receipt if so. Nobody to blame but myself there.

i thought it was just delayed because Hopkinton hasn't sent us new membership cards yet and the copy I sent them was last year's, but now as they say it's not even in the system I can't imagine that it is just sitting there somewhere, unopened.

ETA: just checked my bank account. $12.50 paid to the PO on 1/22. Sounds like registered mail to me!

Last edited:
hey, send in another App! worse that happens is they find it and you end up with 2!! try telling your wife it was an honest mistake! LOL

i had sent it in and they told me on2/25 they received my order 2/11. The notarized letter on file was expired and they could not process the order . I sent it out next day mail. i received an email that hey had the notarized letter and the order was forwarded to sales. .... that was 2/27. i have heard nothing since.

Some good news... got this email today:

Subject: cmp order received 2-22-13
Message: "We have received and verified your recent order. The club information we have on file for you is expired. You will need to send in an updated club card before your order can be processed"

I'm still waiting for my 2013 Hopkinton membership card... sent them an email.

Also begs the question of whether or not I'm considered to have met the deadline for an SA... Supposedly needed to be postmarked by 2/6 (mine was postmarked 1/22), but the email subject says that they "received" my application on 2/22. Will have to confirm with cmp customer service when I send them a copy of my membership card.

The Central MA Committee of the Friends of the NRA is raffling off an H&R M1 Garand. Service Grade, in absolutely beautiful condition.

$20.00 for 3 tickets. Drawing in September (long wait I know).

PM me if you're interested.

Also begs the question of whether or not I'm considered to have met the deadline for an SA... Supposedly needed to be postmarked by 2/6 (mine was postmarked 1/22), but the email subject says that they "received" my application on 2/22. Will have to confirm with cmp customer service when I send them a copy of my membership card.

Consider the Garand collectors association. it is $30, they send you 4 magazines a year. you membership is directly sent to CMP and you need to do nothing..... if you renew annually, you will never have to worry about it again

Are you a goal member? Send them a scan of your card. Or become a member of garand collectors association forward your gca email reciept/ confirmation....go with the gca membership you get a cool video.
Americas rifle the m 1 garand. http://www.thegca.org

I've been waiting since 2/4 for my M1 carbine ammo order. I think the time-frame is now 60-90 days.

MS

I just got the shipping notification today for the can I ordered as a result of that thread.

Still haven't heard a peep about the FG SA I ordered at the end of December, besides a DBU email on 1/15.

Consider the Garand collectors association. it is $30, they send you 4 magazines a year. you membership is directly sent to CMP and you need to do nothing..... if you renew annually, you will never have to worry about it again

Are you a goal member? Send them a scan of your card. Or become a member of garand collectors association forward your gca email reciept/ confirmation....go with the gca membership you get a cool video.
Americas rifle the m 1 garand. The Garand Collectors Association
Thanks, guys! I was under the impression that I had to show membership in an affiliated gun club. I'm definitely joining GCA, but am already a GOAL member so that sounds like the fastest solution... Thanks again!!

Thanks, guys! I was under the impression that I had to show membership in an affiliated gun club. I'm definitely joining GCA, but am already a GOAL member so that sounds like the fastest solution... Thanks again!!
Sent them a copy of my GCA receipt over the weekend, called the CMP customer service supervisor today and got my DBU email! Thanks again for the guidance!!

With Orestes cliaming 17k (I assume total orders) orders back log......your gonna wait. 2009 was a bout 7 mounths. Worth the wait.

Wow, 17k!

I've read somewhere, maybe here or CMP forums, that there were roughly 2 years of Garands left. Perhaps that is no longer the case with this current run on CMP rifles.

I'm going to lean that its more ammo orders.
Cmp announced selling out of 22lr and expect to sell out of the 2013 expected order before it arrives.
10 case limit on hxp and once people caught on that they had hornady mat h grade ammo for several of the milsurp cals that to started selling fast.
Personally I'm dropping a envelope in the mail tomorrow for a another SG HRA M1.... figure it will be about 7 + months before it comes. I would have ordered a while back but been tossing back and fourth over a mosin sniper?!?

Finally got 'invoiced' today on my 2/4 order of 2 cases M1 carbine ammo...5 weeks and 2 days for an e-store order.

[dance]

MS

...and I found a set of mid war walnut grips for my 3/43 FN22! Just 4 months of web surfing to find them...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom