CMP M1 Carbines

$846 for a brand new one, from my last post.

You need to ask if you want a "new commercial clone" the AO ones are ok but not for 800$
Still have not seen one of those new "inland" ones yet.
Advantage to a USGI is it will continue to go up in value even if you shoot it.
A AO will just be a used gun.

$846 for a brand new one, from my last post.

apples and oranges. Its like saying a penny minted today is just as good as an 1943 steel cent. Sure they're both pennies but not the same thing at all.

USGI provenance counts for a lot when it comes to rifles/pistols

apples and oranges. Its like saying a penny minted today is just as good as an 1943 steel cent. Sure they're both pennies but not the same thing at all.

USGI provenance counts for a lot when it comes to rifles/pistols

Yeah, but new and "available" should count for something, right? Sure, if you want a museum piece (safe queen), that's one thing, and you can't deny the historical value. If you are looking for something to shoot, then why not? And, I'm guessing the real world prices are better than that $800 something.

Yeah, but new and "available" should count for something, right? Sure, if you want a museum piece (safe queen), that's one thing, and you can't deny the historical value. If you are looking for something to shoot, then why not? And, I'm guessing the real world prices are better than that $800 something.

well if you just want something to shoot, spend $600 on an AR and call it a day. The attraction of the M1 is not the round it shoots but the history of it. There's nothing unique about a new manufactured one, every single one looks the same. No two milsurps do though.

Oh well, the M1 Carbine I was looking at on GB jumped up past what I am willing to pay for a 'mixmaster'... I am sure that there will be other opportunities.

Keep at it they come up.
I got mine below market at the time. Not much but the mags and accesorries made up for the money....
Problem is I believe just like the 22 craze about 6 years ago. Lots of certain age groups are revisiting guns of thier past I believe that's what's going on with M1 garands.

Keep at it they come up.
I got mine below market at the time. Not much but the mags and accesorries made up for the money....
Problem is I believe just like the 22 craze about 6 years ago. Lots of certain age groups are revisiting guns of thier past I believe that's what's going on with M1 garands.

Yeah good point.

I think I lucked out with the one I purchased a couple years ago. If I took away the value of the mags, ammo, and carrying case, I paid less than a carbine from the CMP.

Can't wait to see what I get. Would love GI wood.

Yeah good point.

I think I lucked out with the one I purchased a couple years ago. If I took away the value of the mags, ammo, and carrying case, I paid less than a carbine from the CMP.

Can't wait to see what I get. Would love GI wood.

I would imagine you will get usgi wood of sorts. Might be foreign arsenal replacements?
You won't get a new production stock.
Funny my mind has shifted years. If I don't get a cmp order in I will just order a new production stock with semi fancy grain and ship my import stamped one out for a rebarrel and refinish and make it pretty.....

Just out of curiosity, how long will it take before we know if we will not be receiving one from cmp? Id like to put that money towards other things asap if im not getting one.

really odd......whats the point? Man cmp is changing.

I cant see the point of deleting just the DBU section why not just lock it up and delete the entire thread WTF really...

Just out of curiosity, how long will it take before we know if we will not be receiving one from cmp? Id like to put that money towards other things asap if im not getting one.

If you don't make this cut the CMP is waiting on another 1000 M1 Carbines and they are just going to pick from this order so you might not know for a while.

Back
Top Bottom