CMP M1 Carbines

Lucky you. I assume that means that they've pulled your letter from one of those 23 Tubs. I can't but assume that you're in the queue.

T

I'll copy this to the other list.

Last edited:
Lucky you. I assume that means that they've pulled your letter from one of those 23 Tubs. I can't but assume that you're in the queue.

T

I'll copy this to the other list.

Awesome!!

I forgot to add that to the other thread.

You guys want a good laugh?

I started this thread but almost as soon as I did, my back stated acting up very badly and put me figuratively and literally quite flat on my back in 24-hour pain. And I also spent a night in the Baystate ER in severe pain waiting on an MRI. Finally got the diagnosis today of a problem in the L2-L3 disk and an appointment next week for an injection to try to deal with the issue.

I hope that you guys who are lucky enough to get one enjoy them. Once I am able I'll get some paperwork together and hope to get one in the coming years.

awesome, dude!

long answer short, YES! That's a CC of the letter I received when I ordered my IHC Garand and got one!

see, it's all from keeping positive (or you're just a lucky SOB).

either way, congratulations!

Mike

CMP received my order! Does that mean that I'll get one!?[laugh]

Order Received 2/1/16

We have received and verified your recent order. You will receive other emails as the order progresses.

Your customer # is The order will not show as pending on the estore until the Sales Department processes and assigns an order number to it. If you have any problems logging onto the estore, please let us know.

The shipping time will be determined by the amount of orders ahead of your order.

Thank you for your order and your support of our program.

Melody Kirby
Civilian Marksmanship Program-South
Distribution Supervisor

CMP received my order! Does that mean that I'll get one!?[laugh]

Order Received 2/1/16

We have received and verified your recent order. You will receive other emails as the order progresses.

Your customer # is The order will not show as pending on the estore until the Sales Department processes and assigns an order number to it. If you have any problems logging onto the estore, please let us know.

The shipping time will be determined by the amount of orders ahead of your order.

Melody Kirby
Distribution Supervisor
looking through the carbine order thread on cmp I see only a few DBU updates. one is for feb 2nd.....could just be busting balls. My thoughts are if you don't get a dbu by end of day monday your odds just dwindled even more.

Dibs...

Okay, good on you. But. I'm calling DIBS on whichever one you don't keep.
-Mike

QUOTE=andrew1220;4878495]CMP received my order! Does that mean that I'll get one!?[laugh]

Order Received 2/1/16

Melody Kirby
Distribution Supervisor
[/QUOTE]

awesome, dude!

long answer short, YES! That's a CC of the letter I received when I ordered my IHC Garand and got one!

see, it's all from keeping positive (or you're just a lucky SOB).

either way, congratulations!

Mike

Haha thanks. Yes must remain positive (which I usually don't lol).

funny been looking over the carbine order thread and theres not many DBU posted yet?

Ive only seen one over there last I checked.

Edit: nevermind looks the mods deleted my post and the other guy who got a DBU email. Strange.

Last edited:
Censorship? We all know we've got a 1 or 2 in 5 chance....

T

I am beginning to question this whole 1000 rifles thing. Did they really not expect to flooded with orders on the first day? Can the CMP really mis-read their market that bad? They thought 1000 rifles were going to last half a year (with the other 1000 covering the other half of the year)? I am not saying they have enough to meet the full one day demand but it just makes me wonder a bit. Maybe I am just trying to come up with a story to cheer myself up and make myself think I have a better than a 40% chance.

Congrats Andrew! I'm jealous.

They probably deleted them so others don't start pestering the customer service people about theirs.

Since I am a day late and a dollar short on this CMP M1 Carbine buy I was looking at Gunbroker and they have what looks like an Inland M1 that I was thinking of bidding on. Can any of you folks that know M1's tell me if this is a quality rifle and worth pursuing if the bids don't get crazy?

Description----
This is a very nice Inland M1 Carbine. Most of the parts are Inland. The Trigger Guard Is Underwood and the Sear is unmarked. The Hammer is H.I.; the Mag Release is EI; the Op-Rod is PI; the Bolt is OI; the Stock is IR the Front Band is KI; the Mag is IA. The Barrel is Inland and dated 2-44. The bore is mint an the muzzle measured about 1.5 on a gauge. The parkerized finish is 80%. The Magizine has some surface corrosion on it, but it functions okay.The wood is very solid with the only markings being in the sling cut-out "IR". There are no import markings. This was supposedly an older DCM purchase. It comes with a web sling and oiler. Do not bid on this if you live in an area where local restrictions do not permit ownership. No sales out of the USA. Shipping is $40.00 which will include insurance. Payment bu US Postal Money Order ONLY. I am not an FFL. If your FFL requies that it be shipped from an FFL, there will be an additional charge of $30.00. Please ask questions before you bid.
[Information added 1/31/2016 10:14:35 AM]
I need to read my muzzle gauge better! The reading is 0.5. Not much wear.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=539945855

Since I am a day late and a dollar short on this CMP M1 Carbine buy I was looking at Gunbroker and they have what looks like an Inland M1 that I was thinking of bidding on. Can any of you folks that know M1's tell me if this is a quality rifle and worth pursuing if the bids don't get crazy?

Description----
This is a very nice Inland M1 Carbine. Most of the parts are Inland. The Trigger Guard Is Underwood and the Sear is unmarked. The Hammer is H.I.; the Mag Release is EI; the Op-Rod is PI; the Bolt is OI; the Stock is IR the Front Band is KI; the Mag is IA. The Barrel is Inland and dated 2-44. The bore is mint an the muzzle measured about 1.5 on a gauge. The parkerized finish is 80%. The Magizine has some surface corrosion on it, but it functions okay.The wood is very solid with the only markings being in the sling cut-out "IR". There are no import markings. This was supposedly an older DCM purchase. It comes with a web sling and oiler. Do not bid on this if you live in an area where local restrictions do not permit ownership. No sales out of the USA. Shipping is $40.00 which will include insurance. Payment bu US Postal Money Order ONLY. I am not an FFL. If your FFL requies that it be shipped from an FFL, there will be an additional charge of $30.00. Please ask questions before you bid.
[Information added 1/31/2016 10:14:35 AM]
I need to read my muzzle gauge better! The reading is 0.5. Not much wear.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=539945855

My only advice is secure your FFL dealer. If in Ma make sure they will take in a firearm from a private seller and the seller will ship to MA.
Other than that I don't know what to say other than search past sold items on GB and see what they been going for.

don't know if this link works http://www.gunbroker.com/Firearms/C...ds=INLAND+m1+CARBINE&Timeframe=1&SearchType=1 will give you a little idea.

seems like $1000.00 is about the norm for service grade mix master shooter ?

Last edited:
Thanks Mac, I was going to have it shipped to Precision Point. I did reach out to Johnny to make sure he was good with that. The seller says he will ship here.
I did look on the CMP auction site, it looks like those rifles are going much more than 1k, more than I am willing to spend right now.

Thanks Mac, I was going to have it shipped to Precision Point. I did reach out to Johnny to make sure he was good with that. The seller says he will ship here.
I did look on the CMP auction site, it looks like those rifles are going much more than 1k, more than I am willing to spend right now.
yes they are pushing more "collectable" varieties right now. few weeks ago they had all flavors.

Holy crap. $1k for mixmaster!? Prices really jumped since I got mine a year and a half ago.

Holy crap. $1k for mixmaster!? Prices really jumped since I got mine a year and a half ago.

On gun broker they been running high.you might score one locally or FTF for a better price.
As far back as I can remember usgi have always run high. Even back in the day.
A commercial clone was like 79$ vs one of the gi put togethers that where being pumped out in the 50s and 60s. I remember my dad buying a M1 carbine from Grossman sporting goods for like 60$ think it was a samco or some other commercial version.

They are preban, just make sure the mags you get are pre-ban not current manufacture since they are all hi cap except for the 5 round hunting mags.

Back
Top Bottom