CMP Garand Arrived Today - Pics Added

I just got my Service Grade Garand from the ODCMP. Something about having a firearm delivered to my door always brings a smile to my face! Pics and Range report tomorrow hopefully.

***Update***
Well let me say I was quite happy with the condition it was sent it. The wood has some dings and what not but the action and barrel is in really good shape. Someone at another forum said the CMP tends to understate the condition and I have to agree.

I only shot a three clips though it and made some minor sight adjustments so it isn't completely zeroed yet. I never shot a Garand before so I did'nt know what to expect. I really like the feel of the 30-06 cartridge; the recoil was not as stought as I was expecting. Anyway I am very happy I was able to get one befroe they are gone. The target was the best of my 3 at 100 yds.

Target.jpg

Garand3.jpg

Garand2.jpg

Garand1.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats - I had the same smile when the one I ordered showed up on my doorstep. They are a blast to shoot!

One recommendation though. If you take it apart, make sure you remember where every part goes in the feeding assembly. Very easy to have spare parts. Don't ask how I know that. [rolleyes]

PICS FTW!!!

I so wanted to get my notary stamp this week to send my app in...but getting rid of the squirrels in my attic had to take precendence... ughhh.... $425 and they are gone but so is my Garand Fund :(

PICS FTW!!!

I so wanted to get my notary stamp this week to send my app in...but getting rid of the squirrels in my attic had to take precendence... ughhh.... $425 and they are gone but so is my Garand Fund :(

If you had played your cards right, you could have had your Garand and taken
care of your squirrel problems at the same time. [smile]

I had to go pick mine up at the Post Office. I took (and take!) great pleasure at the fact that Clinton's administration was selling me a very nice rifle.

You know Im still going to treat myself no matter how far in debt i go.. lol

When you can post a pic!!!

Wow got the notary done but I am a bit surprised I need so many other proofs sent:

Birth Certificate/Passport
Club Membership
LTC-A License
C&R License

The packet is going out tomorrow.. just hoping it does not find its way into the wrong hands or my life is gone.

**PS don't let me post a pic before you**

Very nice, I just wish I was a citizen so I could get one before they run out completely.

So I mailed my packet today...whats the true turn around... they say up to 90 days.

Im hoping I get it before Winter is completely here... some fall shooting would be nice.

So I mailed my packet today...whats the true turn around... they say up to 90 days.

Im hoping I get it before Winter is completely here... some fall shooting would be nice.

When I ordered the Service Grade it did not state a turn around time. They received my order on the Sep 15th and I received it Sep 26th. I don't know how anyone else's experience was.

Very nice rifle. They are fun to shoot aren't they. Gotta love the 'ping'.

pacman,
Both of my CMP orders were recieved within about 3 weeks.

You should get an e mail when they get your order, and another when they ship it. If you find out your customer number, you can also check your order status on the e store's web site. I called and got a tracking number so I knew exactly what day my 03A3 Springfield was coming.
I get a tracking number with every gun I purchase by mail even if its going to an 01FFL. Just found out today my dou K98 will be here tomorrow.[smile] Works out well because I know when to make sure I'm home for the UPS driver. Nothing sucks like missing your gun and knowing its sleeping at the UPS depot until you get there the next day to pick it up.[sad]
And since CMP ships Fed Ex, I would have had to travel pretty far to the nearest depot to pick up my order when I got my 03A3.

Got my email and customer # today... glad to have meet you at the shoot Misurps 4 Me... just like you said no problem with shipping and a phone call initiated an almost instant email for confirmation.

Couple weeks and me Garand will be here--- WOOT!

A few more days into the count down.. got my second confirmation of order being processed and was able to be upgraded to FIELD grade -- Yeehaw!
They had been showing Field grade unavailable when I first ordered.

11 days total and I got the box sitting at my desk.. anxiously awaits the end of the day to go home and open her up.

Pfffft. I would have had it out and already half cleaned even at work. "Fire me if you must, but I gotta see what they sent me!" [laugh]

I was just thinking the same thing. No way I could have the box on my desk all day without peeking.

I take it that pulling out a rifle at work would be a bad thing Dirtypacman?

Very friendly to guns at my shop .. but I must keep my mind on work... if that bad boy gets opened you could consider the rest of the day a wash.

I have cleaned my carry piece a few times at my desk but think this will be a little more effort and don't want to start if I can't finish.

Everyone is wondering why I have cuddled with a brown box all day though.

Since I have no life the official box opening will be the highlight of my Friday night... that and killing Ragnaros in WOW for my tier2 leggings.. see I told you I have no life.

Back
Top Bottom