CMP Garand Arrived Today - Pics Added

Since I have no life the official box opening will be the highlight of my Friday night... that and killing Ragnaros in WOW for my tier2 leggings.. see I told you I have no life.

Well? Its 9:05 sam Saturday morning and I see no M1 update. The mere fact of the box sitting on your desk all yesterday has even me wondering how it looked. [laugh]

Well I could not be happier. My garand is in tip top shape. Heres a few quick pics .. been a busier weekend then expected.

P1010037.jpg

P1010036.jpg

P1010035.jpg

P1010033.jpg

Looks good to me. Make sure you give it a good inspection and cleaning inside and out, and let us know how it shoots. Now you need some mil spec ammo for it.[wink] Just be careful of the Korean stuff because it has corrosive primers and can frost an M1 barrel if not cleaned properly afterwards.

Stay away from the Korean stuff for another reason - split cases. A bunch of lots had poor quality brass cases that split with alarming frequency. I know first-hand.

Unless you like high-pressure gas shooting into your face, stick with other surplus .30-06 ammo, like Lake City or Olympic.

corrosive ammo

Get in touch with Sheriff Dudly, he makes a concoction he calls weasel piss! 1/3 alcohol 1/3 hydrogen peroxide, and 1/3 murphy's oil soap, he and others use it to clean up after any corrosive ammo and black powder. Just check before you try incase I have its makeup or use wrong as I don't have personal experience yet!

Back
Top Bottom