CMP customers: Surplus .22LR

Anyone ordering? Please PM me, will make it worth your while. Tnx.

Contact made. No more replies thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of Remington .22LR ammo has a really horrible reputation, any reason to believe this stuff is any different?

Yeah I was excited until I remembered the not so wonderful experience I had with "Thunderbolt" ammo. yuck.

A lot of Remington .22LR ammo has a really horrible reputation, any reason to believe this stuff is any different?

Well, its military stuff for one thing. I think that might lend a little credibility to it. Its also 1995 mfg, so its not new commercial stuff that the problems have been encountered in.
For the price, I'd take my chances. Nothing commercially available comes close.

I also would like to get in on an order with someone if possible.

If you could PM me I would appreciate it from the bottom of my ma**h*** no ammo sales heart!

Wish I knew more about it. I'm hesitant to order lead (as opposed to copper washed) bullets that are ~100fps slower than Fed Bulk Pak. Arrgh. Anyone know of a link to a review of this stuff? I'll check Rimfirecentral and report back if I find anything.

Wish I knew more about it. I'm hesitant to order lead (as opposed to copper washed) bullets that are ~100fps slower than Fed Bulk Pak. Arrgh. Anyone know of a link to a review of this stuff? I'll check Rimfirecentral and report back if I find anything.

You know how many decades the .22 rimfire was plain lead before plated bullets came along?[wink]

None of the target shooters I've seen use plated bullets, they're all plain lead.

I'll plink with the stuff in a bolt gun for the rest of my life if I have to burn it up that way. The price can't be beat.

Yes, thank you. At one time people shot black powder, too, but I have no desire to do that, either. None of my pistols like lead bullets, and I hate it in my cans.

Since I have a metric shit-ton of bulkpak I got cheap from Cabela 's acouple of years ago, this would have to have some redeeming factor (like extreme accuracy) to offset the negatives (dirty and slow).

Hence my desire for a review or someone with first-hand knowledge.

If it is still around next week I will be in for at least a case. If it is what I remember it is good stuff. I used stuff that looked very similar to that years ago and it was good ammo.

Im ordering. I've spent a hundred bucks or so before on worse things. I just tried and got a Citizen restriction. Guess my info is three years old. Had to fax a Birth Certificate. Still waiting to update my info so I can order.

Last edited:
I just tried to place an order and when I go to checkout it says (even at the $90 price) that it has a CLUB restriction. I wonder if they sold all their stock above what they reserve for club sales?

EDIT: I figured it out. My CMP affiliated club membership had expired in January, I need to send them a scan of my new membership card.

Last edited:
Im ordering. I've spent a hundred bucks or so before on worse things. I just tried and got a Citizen restriction. Guess my info is three years old. Had to fax a Birth Certificate. Still waiting to update my info so I can order.

I let my CMP info lapse - do you have to go thru the whole process again to put in an order on this ammo?

I would buy a few boxes of this if I don't have to go thru the whole CMP approval process again.

I let my CMP info lapse - do you have to go thru the whole process again to put in an order on this ammo?

I would buy a few boxes of this if I don't have to go thru the whole CMP approval process again.

See my post #19, my proof of CMP affiliated membership expired and I can't place an order until they process the email I sent them with the new one.

See my post #19, my proof of CMP affiliated membership expired and I can't place an order until they process the email I sent them with the new one.

I just tried to put in an order - and got the same message. Now I have to go find my new GOAL card - because I'm pretty sure that was the club affiliation I used when I initially signed up.

You know how many decades the .22 rimfire was plain lead before plated bullets came along?[wink]

None of the target shooters I've seen use plated bullets, they're all plain lead.

I'll plink with the stuff in a bolt gun for the rest of my life if I have to burn it up that way. The price can't be beat.

Unfortunately my .22LR Ceiner AR bolt adapter strongly suggests plated round nose to prevent fouling. I'd buy this in a heartbeat if it was all plated.

BTW, as a quick gouge, the CMP deal comes out to $.023/round ($90 + $24.95 shipping = $114.95/5000 rounds)

For about the same total investment, this deal from Cabela's offers plated Fed Bulk Pak at just $.032/round (7x$15.99 = $111.93 + $5 shipping with the coupon = $116.93/3675 rounds).

Federal Champion .22LR Ammo - Per 525 - $15.99 + $5 shipping over $99 at Cabelas

Less than $.01 more per round for plated vice lead. Just a thought on other options.

Back
Top Bottom