• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP customers: Surplus .22LR

A quick performance report on the stuff, over the summer I've fired it in a Ruger Mark II Government model, Marlin semiauto rifle, a pump action rifle(forget the mfgr), a S&W revolver and so far no failures to fire, no failures to cycle the actions, no excessive residue in the actions and accuracy is good.

I think those who get some will be pleased and for the price it wil be worth the wait when you look at the current prices of .22 LR ammo on the market.

A quick performance report on the stuff, over the summer I've fired it in a Ruger Mark II Government model, Marlin semiauto rifle, a pump action rifle(forget the mfgr), a S&W revolver and so far no failures to fire, no failures to cycle the actions, no excessive residue in the actions and accuracy is good.

I think those who get some will be pleased and for the price it wil be worth the wait when you look at the current prices of .22 LR ammo on the market.

Nice report, makes me wish I had ordered more than one case.

Several hundred? It was ~$150 shipped for 1 5k package... though the next time (if there's a next time) they offer it, the price will probably go up again.

last time it was 115.00/5000 rounds delivered now it went to 150.00/5000 rounds delivered. prices are going up across the board for cmp items im sure. Although this stuff cant get much more expensive.........it sells out very fast. the new target grade ammo they sell is 6 cents per round?

thats the aquila new production target......230/5000 rounds is not bad ?
Its the only 22lr ammo that functions in all of my 22lr firearms.
I dont know what other ammo for less than a nickle around that is any better.

Just an update for everyone waiting, I just got a shipping notification + tracking numbers for my order #641,0**. I know alot of people already received theres but for those still waiting hopefully this gives you an idea on where they are on filling orders

If you recieved your tracking number from cmp and its not in fedex system. It just means they have made up a shipping label for your order. It still may take several days before your label is slapped onto a box and packed onto a fedex truck. only then will you recieve tracking info on fedex web site.
here is a reply from Mr Orest cmp director on the cmp web site:" back in office and had access to sales data - for the year, as of 9 Nov, we have sold 7,369 cases. not all have been shipped, but we expect to catch up on the .22 surplus ammo shipments in next 7-10 days."

36,845,000 - ROUNDS! of 22lr

Last edited:
just for the record my order # was 640580 or something like that ordered 10pm on the 9th Oct will be here on the 14th Nov

Looks like they are sold out and no longer accepting orders. :(
If you want to get in on these deals send in your elidgability forms to cmp and set up a estore account. Make sure your on the email list. This particlular 22lr sale was a special sale not normally stocked by cmp. Sold out in 3 days. Approx 3500 cases where available.
Anything cmp puts out for a decent price sells out fast. When the hxp sealed tins come back on line expect a onslot of orders and long wait. Same with the kimber rifles. Great gun great price sold out fast.

Back
Top Bottom