• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP customers: Surplus .22LR

By the looks of it, sold out some time around 12pm last night. Seems there where a lot of errors on the orders. Some people pushing the button to many times.

By the looks of it, sold out some time around 12pm last night. Seems there where a lot of errors on the orders. Some people pushing the button to many times.

Apparently there was one guy who had 66 orders. I tihnk it came from the site being overwhelmed and guys just pushing the order button trying to get it in.

Keep eyes on the e store, you may yet have a chance to get in on some of the .22. From reading the CMP forums, apparently many customers had a problem with the server being overloaded and got error messages when submitting their orders. The error message said to reload the page and when the page was reloaded the order was duplicated. Multiply this by hundreds of customers and the result is going to be a lot of emails to CMP customer service this week cancelling the duplicate orders. Which in turn may mean more ammo going back into inventory and being put back up for sale. Just a guess but...

Every screen literally took minutes to load (this was day-1). When I finally got to start the check-out it told me that my docs expired and I needed to provide new docs to re-prove that I'm still a US Citizen and still a Life Member of GOAL! The directions were to Fax or Mail those docs in (couldn't submit with order) and I know full-well that waiting until that cleared days later means missing the sale completely. So I threw in the towel on this deal. Oh well!

I can see people hitting "enter" many times as nothing happens on the screen for minutes!

Every screen literally took minutes to load (this was day-1). When I finally got to start the check-out it told me that my docs expired and I needed to provide new docs to re-prove that I'm still a US Citizen and still a Life Member of GOAL! The directions were to Fax or Mail those docs in (couldn't submit with order) and I know full-well that waiting until that cleared days later means missing the sale completely. So I threw in the towel on this deal. Oh well!

I can see people hitting "enter" many times as nothing happens on the screen for minutes!

That's what happened to me last time when it was only $90 [angry]. By the time my docs got in it was gone. Not this time though! [smile]

I was able to scan and email them the docs though, didn't have to fax or mail anything in.

I was looking for an Email address to send it to and got mired down in all the various pages, etc. It got late and I had to go to a class and just said "forget it". As of yesterday noonish I read that they had 41 cases left and that was strictly from deleting all the dupe orders. I'm sure it's all gone by now.

I was looking for an Email address to send it to and got mired down in all the various pages, etc. It got late and I had to go to a class and just said "forget it". As of yesterday noonish I read that they had 41 cases left and that was strictly from deleting all the dupe orders. I'm sure it's all gone by now.

It probably wouldn't have mattered if you did email it right then, IIRC it took a couple days for them to process it.

It probably wouldn't have mattered if you did email it right then, IIRC it took a couple days for them to process it.

THey processed my faxed copy of my membership yesterday in about 4 hours. I faxed it at 7 AM and got an email at around 11 that my account had been updated and I was able to order.

And anyone who hasnt sent their documents, it took about 24 hours from when I faxed to when I was able to place an order

How do we get notifications of deals like this in the future?
Down load the paper work for elidgability fill them out mail them in. You will know have a account ready. Also as said get on the email list.
once your set up its just a matter of useing the restore or taxing in a order.
Check odcmp.com look for sales then forms on right hand side

Nothing yet for me either. I received the confirmation email when I first ordered but havn't gotten anything since

If you go to the Ammunition section of the CMP forums guys are tracking their order numbers and when the CC gets hit etc. It looks like they are in the low 639000s now. Patience may be a virtue but with this stuff it sucks to wait.

Last edited:
Another thing to keep in mind is there is a rush of orders just before the holidays normally. Throw in the release of 6 mil serial numbered garands this ammo and the fear of price increases....wait time.
I still don't know where to get 22lr for 3 cents per round with out driving anywhere.
I don't know where else to get a very nice shootable garand for under 1000.00
they have had some great deals on 22 rifles and air rifles.
ammo is not to bad either....they have some odd ball metric cals also.
They have the hornady match grade garand safe ammo for 24/20 last I seen that anywhere local it was 37.50 plus tax

Another thing to keep in mind is there is a rush of orders just before the holidays normally. Throw in the release of 6 mil serial numbered garands this ammo and the fear of price increases....wait time.
I still don't know where to get 22lr for 3 cents per round with out driving anywhere.
I don't know where else to get a very nice shootable garand for under 1000.00
they have had some great deals on 22 rifles and air rifles.
ammo is not to bad either....they have some odd ball metric cals also.
They have the hornady match grade garand safe ammo for 24/20 last I seen that anywhere local it was 37.50 plus tax

Thanks for putting it in perspective, makes the wait a little easier [wink]

my 1st garand took 9 month 2nd one 42 days. ammo seems to always be 3 weeks with me no matter when I order it.
go back to the DCM days
1 rifle per person,
6000 rifles per year limited for sale
you get it when you get it.
some claim they where better rifles as they where handled by US armors only ?
I got my DBU email for my HRA service grade Garand from time of mailing to email was 18 days or so.

something i forgot about.....you can check fedex tracking by reference # try your customer # and or order #....it maybe in process just not actually shipped yet?

Mine hasn't hit the cc yet, but according to the shipping thread on the CMP forums they're up to the the 640300's now.

Back
Top Bottom