CMP customers: Surplus .22LR

Read their eligibility statements.

These ones?

ELIGIBILITY FOR USE: Please note that most items require that a customer must first provide to the CMP proof of age, US citizenship, and current membership in a CMP affiliated organization. These items include: military surplus items, ammunition, and special sale items that are offered to our membership only because of discounted prices or very small available quantity. Before any of these items may be purchased, customers should mail proof of meeting eligibility requirements to CMP Customer Service, 1401 Commerce Blvd., Anniston AL 36207; scan and email to [email protected], or fax to CMP Customer service as 256-835-3527.

I don't see any definition of what a "CMP Affiliated organization" is? Is there a definition somewhere?

BTW, as a quick gouge, the CMP deal comes out to $.023/round ($90 + $24.95 shipping = $114.95/5000 rounds)

For about the same total investment, this deal from Cabela's offers plated Fed Bulk Pak at just $.032/round (7x$15.99 = $111.93 + $5 shipping with the coupon = $116.93/3675 rounds).

Federal Champion .22LR Ammo - Per 525 - $15.99 + $5 shipping over $99 at Cabelas

Less than $.01 more per round for plated vice lead. Just a thought on other options.

Unless my math is wrong, still winds up $50 more per 5K (quite a few folks I've talked with are buying 10K, so make that +$100) then there's the whole Cabelas shipping issue which for many slave state folks winds up requiring a CT pickup and sales tax.

To each his own, I suppose. Either way there are going to be a whole bunch of chipmunks screwed this spring.

I dont know why the 22s these days need fancy ammo, plated, high velocity ect ect.
I have a 50 year old reminton semi that runs on 22 shorts.

my Tactical solutions AR upper runs fine on lead bullets. I perchased a few cases of the CMP Aqulia target ammo a few years ago. THis stuff runs in all my guns with no issues. Some of my 22s are not as accurate with it but all of them feed chew and spit it.
For the cost I would take a chance on this stuff. I didnt up date my CMP account, I sent in the info by email today. I fear the 22 will be sold out before my account is updated.
At minimum it will be good for the bolt guns and the kids.

Sorry, I bought 4 bricks, 20,000 rounds. If your a member of Garand collectors association, you count. Hey, they have nice shirts for sale. They also only charged me for shipping of 2 bricks, not all four.

Sorry, I bought 4 bricks, 20,000 rounds. If your a member of Garand collectors association, you count. Hey, they have nice shirts for sale. They also only charged me for shipping of 2 bricks, not all four.

Hey! I didn't get that shipping deal! They charged me $24.95 for each! :(

I placed an order on the the 24th, but their web page still says, "Your order will be reviewed by CMP staff prior to final processing and credit card charging." I realize they've probably been slammed with orders, but is a delay this long typical?

I put my orders in just before noon on the 24th and the credit card got hit yesterday. That's actually pretty quick considering the volume of orders that CMP must have been slammed with.

ETA: First order shipped today. Second is still processing.

Last edited:
Still a good price. Anyone who got the earlier stuff care to comment on how the ammo shoots? Thanks

I ran a bunch through a bunch of 22s: S&W Mod. 41, Ruger 22/45, Marlin Mod. 60, and a Mossberg 44US. It ran well (consistent recoil, no feed or eject failures) in all of those, and seemed to be more accurate than I am.

It's probably not match grade, but it's plenty good, and totally worth $0.03/round. I *almost* want to get another 5k for the 10 years after the first 5k lasts.

If there is anyone set up to order with them (I am not) and is going to buy this stuff, I'd love to get a case or two for myself.

I'm on the South Shore, please PM me if you're willing to help a brother out.

I too would be interested in working something out with somebody else who is planning on placing an order. Im in the process of getting myself set up to place orders through them but don't know if I will be able to get it in time before this stuff runs out

Im frequently in both the Plymouth/Cape Cod area as well as the Milford/Franklin/Bellingham area.

CMP E-store servers appear to be getting hammered. If you get an error message after placing an order, wait a minute and check your email for a confirmation before resubmitting.

Don't ask how I know.

Looks like orders are still being taken. I would think the ability to place it in the cart would be blocked, if they were out and the system was set up right.

Last edited:
Good deal. Just tried ordering didn't realize you needed a special account. If anyone's ordering and wants to add a case for me I'll pay for the shipping for your whole order, and then some. PM me !

CMP E-store servers appear to be getting hammered. If you get an error message after placing an order, wait a minute and check your email for a confirmation before resubmitting.

Don't ask how I know.

Thanks for posting that, as much as I'd like two cases I've only got the bucks for one right now [wink]

im not sure how cmp estore works but last go around I got my order in but later recieved a email saying sorry to late. I dont care much for the price increase 90 to 125 is a big jump. I dont think they bought more but finally got around to another load in the warehouse. seen how fast it sold for 90 so bumped the price....still its a good deal for 5000 rounds. I ordered 2 cases

Back
Top Bottom