• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Church Shooting in Texas. (Or, we're not going anywhere with this one.)

Er, no. Although the defensive shooter definitely saved lives the chances that but for him all 242 would have been killed or received ballistic apertures is virtually nil. He probably saved a couple of dozen.

So, how's that clinging to guns and religion thing working out?
Not sure I follow your arguments. Besides, if that guy wasn't there the other 4 guys who drew their pistols would have had the chance to take out the perp

Not sure I follow your arguments. Besides, if that guy wasn't there the other 4 guys who drew their pistols would have had the chance to take out the perp
"Saved 242 people" implies that the shooter would have shot every one of them. The reality is he would probably have gotten 10% or so, so in reality, he saved a couple of dozen people.

The Jews should watch this.

When will they learn?

I’ve read articles where the rabbi says he will never allow guns in the synagogue.

Talk about an advertisement as a soft target that attracts killers.

Some instructors offer free classes for Jews , yet they refuse to attend.

Was the holocaust not enough?

The Jews in Israel protect themselves.

"The Jews" don't all feel this way. Believe me I'm not alone. I only go to Temple once a year (mostly to accompany my dad) but when I go I'm certainly carrying. Unfortunately many Jews (and people of all religions) have short memories or believe things like that (a church shooting, a holocaust, etc.) can't or won't happen again or happen to them for some reason. They blindly and stupidly place too much faith in human goodness. Many Jews (including the Jews who live in Israel that you referred to) and many rabbi's understand that the right to defend oneself is a "God-given" right that's referred to repeatedly in the Torah/bible. Painting all Jews with a broad brush, just because many prominent ones are idiots (as in any race or religion) is a mistake.

Nice (and quick) shooting by that guy. Situational awareness key there.

Few notes for those of you who provide security:

1. You have to practice situational awareness all the time. In this case perp was "unique" enough to justify not sitting on the chair anymore, for example. Look for unique all the time and once it is there switch from "being nice" mode to "clear & present danger" mode.
2. Train, train, train! Pick one system and know it well. I go by Kadochnikov, but there are many others you can YouTube and train according to them. It is not enough just to see them and understand them, you need to actually practice them.
3. Do not post yourself as an obvious security. You will become a first target.
4. When perp starts moving you have to move faster! This is what Kadochnikov teaches well.

Uncle Joe missed by this much

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden attacked Texas Governor Greg Abbott earlier this year for signing a bill into law that allowed lawful gun owners to carry firearms in places of worship, repeatedly calling Abbott’s decision “irrational.”

Biden’s resurfaced remarks come as an attacker opened fire on a church congregation in Texas on Sunday, where he was immediately stopped by a good guy with a gun.

“Dealing with firearms, it is irrational, with all due respect to the governor of Texas, irrational what they are doing,” Biden told reporters on September 2. “On the very day you see a mass shooting … and we’re talking about loosening access to have guns, to be able to take them into places of worship, it’s just absolutely irrational. It’s totally irrational.”
Bwahaha. That's as far as I got. Unc'a Joe calling anyone else irrational is just too hilarious. I can see a smudge-the-cat meme in there somewhere.

p.s. That's a righteous shot, taking down the perp.

"The Jews" don't all feel this way. Believe me I'm not alone. I only go to Temple once a year (mostly to accompany my dad) but when I go I'm certainly carrying. Unfortunately many Jews (and people of all religions) have short memories or believe things like that (a church shooting, a holocaust, etc.) can't or won't happen again or happen to them for some reason. They blindly and stupidly place too much faith in human goodness. Many Jews (including the Jews who live in Israel that you referred to) and many rabbi's understand that the right to defend oneself is a "God-given" right that's referred to repeatedly in the Torah/bible. Painting all Jews with a broad brush, just because many prominent ones are idiots (as in any race or religion) is a mistake.

Well said! Thank you!

How about us? All of us? Don't we have a divided nation? One half wants open borders and lenient approach and no guns whatsoever......This is a global insanity stage and it will not go away.

"Saved 242 people" implies that the shooter would have shot every one of them. The reality is he would probably have gotten 10% or so, so in reality, he saved a couple of dozen people.

Rob, be careful, we are in a new century for a decade already! Learn from IDF and their approach. Perp could have a better equipment or could be strapped. Never underestimate what they can come up with!

Er, no. Although the defensive shooter definitely saved lives the chances that but for him all 242 would have been killed or received ballistic apertures is virtually nil. He probably saved a couple of dozen.

So, how's that clinging to guns and religion thing working out?
Not very good at winning an information war are you? Let the media say he saved 242 lives, there is no downside for us.

Most American jews are anti gun, that’s pretty much a fact you can take to the bank. That said, On the other hand, the American jews I know that aren’t antis are pretty ferocious in supporting RKBA. You’re not going to find many “fudds” or wobblies in that class.

-Mike

Agreed. One of my co-workers is very Jewish (anti-gun Brookline!) and very anti-gun herself. I don't discuss gun ownership at work. It will only work against me. If that Jew bitch ever found out that I was a BDC'd ex-Marine, she would run to our HR department faster than nitromethane-powered drag racer in the quarter-mile and get me fired!
you really ought to find another place to spread your hatred.

Agreed. One of my co-workers is very Jewish (anti-gun Brookline!) and very anti-gun herself. I don't discuss gun ownership at work. It will only work against me. If that Jew bitch ever found out that I was a BDC'd ex-Marine, she would run to our HR department faster than nitromethane-powered drag racer in the quarter-mile and get me fired!
Sounds like getting fired is the least lesson you need to be taught.

lesson to be learned, sometimes having a gun and no training will get you killed.

I am sorry, you have missed the point.

It is absurd that in our country good guy with a gun has to hesitate in the face of the evil.
It is absurd that in this country perps have more rights than gun owners.

Most American jews are anti gun, that’s pretty much a fact you can take to the bank. That said, On the other hand, the American jews I know that aren’t antis are pretty ferocious in supporting RKBA. You’re not going to find many “fudds” or wobblies in that class.

-Mike

Yeah, guns aren't a grey area for the Jews in America that I know; (and let's NOT mix up American Jews and Israelis). The majority of Jewish people that I've known don't like firearms. I'm not sure why.

Then there are Jews like me - who lost family in the Holocaust. I believe that there are fundamentally evil people in the world - and that it's my responsibility to protect myself and my loved ones against them.

I have prints of Matt Graham's KillHouse Rules in my office and over my reloading bench because I think he summarizes quite well.

killhouse rules.jpg

The guy who was a little slow on the draw got smoked it looks like. Poor bastard.

I noticed that too, I think possibly if he had been more discreet he might have had a better chance, but his sacrifice might helped l, basically set up the chance for the other guy to canoe him.

Side gripe. Is it just me, or does the sound of hysterical women screaming go right up everyone's spines? Having been in many emergency situations I have a very low threshold of tolerance for men or women who freeze up and think screaming like a 2yo girl is a great response to a dangerous situation. It's like "hey I'm the weakest link in evolution! Right over here! I'm making constant noise so you can easily come kill me!"
One of my major pet peeves also. The one shooting incident I ended up in the middle of, a woman started screaming hysterically after. Someone may have had words with her husband to encourage him to muzzle her. It worked

Back
Top Bottom