Chickens Lives Matter!

Be prepared to see localities start banning or attempt to ban keeping your own.
It's about pricing out the working class from everything.

I have heard that in Chelmsford that you are not allowed Roosters, and the town wants 25 dollars for each hen that you have. Oh, This fee also applies to rabbits as well.

I wouldn't be surprised.
They have to have a bite of everything you have.
Dont forget the fee per egg 🙄 from TCTM. (the chicken tax man)

Some local chicken raiser in my neck of the woods likes to dump off his unwanted roosters in a turn-around spot near my house. A few times a year I'll drive by and see a few roosters standing along the edge of the woods waiting to die. Some people are just a**h***s who have no place raising animals.
I'm not saying our food critters need a massage and pampering but there's no excuse for cruelty. If you don't want the roosters kill them humanely and eat them or give them to someone who will. But just tossing them out to starve or freeze or get eaten alive by predators is a douche move.
It's a**h***s who treat animals like garbage that spurs on government intervention. It shouldn't take rules and regulations for people to raise animals ethically. It should be the natural result of normal people, but unfortunately a great many people are stupid, selfish and cruel.

Some local chicken raiser in my neck of the woods likes to dump off his unwanted roosters in a turn-around spot near my house. A few times a year I'll drive by and see a few roosters standing along the edge of the woods waiting to die. Some people are just a**h***s who have no place raising animals.
I'm not saying our food critters need a massage and pampering but there's no excuse for cruelty. If you don't want the roosters kill them humanely and eat them or give them to someone who will. But just tossing them out to starve or freeze or get eaten alive by predators is a douche move.
It's a**h***s who treat animals like garbage that spurs on government intervention. It shouldn't take rules and regulations for people to raise animals ethically. It should be the natural result of normal people, but unfortunately a great many people are stupid, selfish and cruel.
I agree about killing them, and setting them out to feed the predators. But something many do not understand, That after a period of time those birds are not even good for soup. Once the hens start laying (usually about 16 weeks old) the meat is like rubber bands. The same goes for roosters in that age range.

Be prepared to see localities start banning or attempt to ban keeping your own.
It's about pricing out the working class from everything.

I can see that in MA and in certain Southern NH and larger NH towns.

I can also see the day when there could be an Avian "virus" panic and people are told that "all" must cull their flocks or risk fines and possible eventual incarceration (.... just take a look at the whole covid thing ....).

100% agreed. I did some work for a guy about 10 years ago that actually told me that he would do that = A-hole.

We have hatched out a number of roosters and managed to find homes for every single one of them.
We have also managed to find new homes for a few of our roosters that were getting too ornery with a couple of our hens.
There is no need to dump any livestock off somewhere to die that way.
At one point, we actually had 3 roosters that managed to get along (the bigger one kept the smaller one in line and the 3rd one never caused any trouble).

I can see that in MA and in certain Southern NH and larger NH towns.
When we were house hunting in NH, I must have looked at 100 houses online and those that looked interesting, I dug into the Registry of Deeds to look for HOAs (no way in hell), covenants, past history (one house had the family cemetery onsite), etc. I found most were part of developments with covenants that all read the same . . . no animals other than dogs/cats, no accessory buildings forward of the house foundation, etc. The house that we bought has those restrictions as does the entire neighborhood. In spite of that, I've seen chickens in the area, plus a number of houses with sheds forward of the house foundation. Nobody seems to care and I like it like that . . . we've met a number of neighbors casually since we've been up here and I haven't met one Karen yet in the neighborhood. I know there are plenty of Karens in the town based on all the whiny posts on Facebook and Nextdoor.

When we were house hunting in NH, ... I found most were part of developments with covenants that all read the same . . . no accessory buildings forward of the house foundation, etc. ...
You know how if you zoom Google Maps enough,
in some (but not all) jurisdictions the actual building outlines
and/or property lines appear on the vanilla (non-photo) map?

(For instance,
you are claimed to have moved into a rectangle,
but there's a really funky outline
just two houses up the street from you).

Up until two years ago, we had a shrub in front of the house
which ultimately reached the second story windows.

It grew so big that Google's Uighur slave-labor satellite photo digitizer brain-trust(*)
actually added an ell to the front of our house, LOL.

This phantom wing is not reflected in our property tax assessment,
but I figure it's only a matter of time...

(*) Well, it's probably not humans chained to a digitizer
but rather some image-recognition AI...
-OKbsq4LWu0.jpg
...which will enslave us all...
tH227OF1xhU.jpg
But let that go.

What about the cruelty of fish and lobster tanks? THE LITTLE PEOPLE SHOULD BE EATING BUGS TO SAVE THE PLANET! -Some StateHouse twat before they jet off to Japan for $300 an ounce Wagu beef.
Don't give those bastards any more ideas. I believe that there is at least one country across the pond that made it unlawful to put live lobster directly into the boiling pot.

I agree about killing them, and setting them out to feed the predators. But something many do not understand, That after a period of time those birds are not even good for soup. Once the hens start laying (usually about 16 weeks old) the meat is like rubber bands. The same goes for roosters in that age range.
My farmer neighbor calls in a crew of 2 who round them up and slice them. It’s a very fast operation on about 400 or so and there is a market for the birds. Probably ends up as Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup. 😂

It’s a two fold approach. Old hens don’t produce in volume so they cost the farm money and it also breaks the food cycle for any potential rodents.

While I concur, to be fair, those roosters had a better life than most of the wildlife out there.

There are 4 ways a wild animal dies:

1. Run'd over by a car
2. Exposure/Starvation
3. Disease
4. Predation

None of these, outside of getting run over by a car, is very pleasant. It's long and painful.

But I will agree with you. I hunted one time and they had German Plott (Plot? I forget the spelling) Hounds. They made a RACKET. He seemed to have 3x as many hounds as needed. Talked to the hired hand at lunch. "Oh we got too many of them. We bred them to get some younger dogs in our mix. We're probably at 2-3x as many as needed."

"So you'll give teh others away?"

"No. Those things bark all the time. Like all the time. Best to just shoot them."

I thought my buddy was going to fall over dead. LOL. "Farm" life isn't pleasant to regular folks. It's harsh and can look cruel.

How many of these liberals fighting for chickens rights are ok with people being locked in their apartments wearing masks with forced injections?

I would say that the ellipse of the center of those two sets would be a near circle.

While I concur, to be fair, those roosters had a better life than most of the wildlife out there.

There are 4 ways a wild animal dies:

1. Run'd over by a car
2. Exposure/Starvation
3. Disease
4. Predation

None of these, outside of getting run over by a car, is very pleasant. It's long and painful.

But I will agree with you. I hunted one time and they had German Plott (Plot? I forget the spelling) Hounds. They made a RACKET. He seemed to have 3x as many hounds as needed. Talked to the hired hand at lunch. "Oh we got too many of them. We bred them to get some younger dogs in our mix. We're probably at 2-3x as many as needed."

"So you'll give teh others away?"

"No. Those things bark all the time. Like all the time. Best to just shoot them."

I thought my buddy was going to fall over dead. LOL. "Farm" life isn't pleasant to regular folks. It's harsh and can look cruel.
It only looks cruel when it's cruel. Anybody who shoots a dog because it barks too much needs a broken jaw and a prison sentence.

Never been on a farm, have'ya?

They have, let's say, 20 dogs. They need 10. No one wants them. Now what? They aren't shot b/c they are barking. (Because the ones they keep are gonna bark, too.) They are humanely put down after their useful life.

Never been on a farm, have'ya?

They have, let's say, 20 dogs. They need 10. No one wants them. Now what? They aren't shot b/c they are barking. (Because the ones they keep are gonna bark, too.) They are humanely put down after their useful life.
Too many folks make their decisions, based on emotions and not reality. With that it is best that they stay as Keyboard Commandos, and all knowing (NOT!).

It only looks cruel when it's cruel. Anybody who shoots a dog because it barks too much needs a broken jaw and a prison sentence.

It only looks cruel when it's cruel. Anybody who kills a cow because they want a steak, needs a broken jaw and a prison sentence.

It only looks cruel when it's cruel. Anybody who shoots a deer because it's hunting season needs a broken jaw and a prison sentence.

Changed a few words, and you have the attitude of a lot of people.

I like dogs. One is on the couch next to me, as I type, and on my other side is his buddy, a cat. I like the cat, too. But they're not people. On a farm, they're even further removed from people.

Hell, if you watch the movie Babe, even the animals know the score. "Maybe it's best if we don't talk too much about family," said the horse.

Bill passed will prevent potential egg, pork shortage in Massachusetts​

Massachusetts lawmakers have passed a bill that prevents the state from facing a massive egg, poultry and pork shortage.

We were just two weeks away from paying an enormous amount of money for basic items at the grocery store. However, lawmakers met to pass a bill that prevents major issues in our supply chain.

Back in 2016, Massachusetts voters approved a ballot question that requires egg laying hens to have at least 1.5 square feet of floor space per bird. The question also prohibited the sale of eggs produced by hens in smaller enclosures, regardless of whether they are in Massachusetts or from another state.

Those new provisions were scheduled to start on January 1st of 2022 but thanks to a conference committee report released Monday, the changes will be delayed. Governor Baker has been putting pressure on the legislature to pass this bill and prevent supply chain issues across the Commonwealth.

This is ‘egg’-cellent news for shoppers all across the Commonwealth. However, these changes could come at a later date but the delay will give farmers enough time to prepare. Governor Baker is hoping to see the conference committee report reach his desk by the end of the day Monday.

1640260753514.png

Bill passed will prevent potential egg, pork shortage in Massachusetts​

Massachusetts lawmakers have passed a bill that prevents the state from facing a massive egg, poultry and pork shortage.

We were just two weeks away from paying an enormous amount of money for basic items at the grocery store. However, lawmakers met to pass a bill that prevents major issues in our supply chain.

Back in 2016, Massachusetts voters approved a ballot question that requires egg laying hens to have at least 1.5 square feet of floor space per bird. The question also prohibited the sale of eggs produced by hens in smaller enclosures, regardless of whether they are in Massachusetts or from another state.

Those new provisions were scheduled to start on January 1st of 2022 but thanks to a conference committee report released Monday, the changes will be delayed. Governor Baker has been putting pressure on the legislature to pass this bill and prevent supply chain issues across the Commonwealth.

This is ‘egg’-cellent news for shoppers all across the Commonwealth. However, these changes could come at a later date but the delay will give farmers enough time to prepare. Governor Baker is hoping to see the conference committee report reach his desk by the end of the day Monday.

View attachment 555378
So, Once again they kick the can down the road.

Dolts. This reminds me of the wise words of Mike Tython. "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in teh mouth."

There was this great plan to take care of chickens. I'm not opposed to taking care of chickens, TBH. I'd pay a bit more for taken-care-of-chicken eggs. But MANDATING it creates a massive problem that can't be solved.

Effectively, our electorate pulled this move in 2016.

It only looks cruel when it's cruel. Anybody who kills a cow because they want a steak, needs a broken jaw and a prison sentence.

It only looks cruel when it's cruel. Anybody who shoots a deer because it's hunting season needs a broken jaw and a prison sentence.

Changed a few words, and you have the attitude of a lot of people.

I like dogs. One is on the couch next to me, as I type, and on my other side is his buddy, a cat. I like the cat, too. But they're not people. On a farm, they're even further removed from people.

Hell, if you watch the movie Babe, even the animals know the score. "Maybe it's best if we don't talk too much about family," said the horse.
If you don't know the difference between a humane kill and an inhumane kill then there is no sense carrying on with you.

Back
Top Bottom