Chickens Lives Matter!

Haven't scrolled through this thread, but there was actually a note at Stop and Slop yesterday, in the egg section, explaining and apologizing for egg prices.

Meh, It's in Hawaii where the weather is good and no predators. It's an easy solution. Just find where they sleep at night and go pick them up. Drop off at a processing plant.

Feral chickens actually are a problem in Hawaii. When we were there, there were chickens literally everywhere. I do think you have the right solution, though. Given Hawaii's enormous homeless problem, I would think this would be a cheap fix to feeding them all.

Feral chickens actually are a problem in Hawaii. When we were there, there were chickens literally everywhere. I do think you have the right solution, though. Given Hawaii's enormous homeless problem, I would think this would be a cheap fix to feeding them all.
Maybe add some rabbits to the mix. You know the "Venezuela Plan "

What many don't realize is that once chickens are old enough to lay eggs is that all the bird is good for is making broth. The meat is like rubber bands no matter how long you boil them down.

What many don't realize is that once chickens are old enough to lay eggs is that all the bird is good for is making broth. The meat is like rubber bands no matter how long you boil them down.
Yes, the window is very short for a meat bird.

While Kenosha's new ordinance is imperfect, the drumbeat for expanding access to backyard chickens continues to grow around the country. Recent news reports highlight the trend. Earlier this month, for example, the town board in Rotterdam, New York, approved backyard chickens. The city council in Worcester, Massachusetts, voted last week to create a task force to draft an ordinance allowing backyard chickens.

The price of chicken breasts have plunged 70% since June according to an article in the WSJ so chicken's lives matter much less since I started this post.🐥

The pronoun thing on the adoption inquiry is ridiculous.
The adoption fee for roosters ($15) and laying hens: ($25) is outrageous.

But that might be my inner Yankee Skinflint screaming at me.

The pronoun thing on the adoption inquiry is ridiculous.
The adoption fee for roosters ($15) and laying hens: ($25) is outrageous.

But that might be my inner Yankee Skinflint screaming at me.
Too Much money. Are those hens even still laying? Feeding a bird that produces nothing? I don't think so. Once our birds stop laying, they are killed and left in the woods to feed the predators. Don't tell me you can eat them, oh, you can, but it is like chewing rubber bands.

Back
Top Bottom