Chickens Lives Matter!

This is typical. They've known about the problem for quite some time, and yet did absolutely nothing about it until they absolutely last minute. And now they can't get out of their own way to get anything done and consumers suffer. Welcome to Massachusetts politics. But hey it's not like your grocery bill was already sky high right.....

f*** them all... From Baker down .

What consequence???? We (collective mASS we, not you and me we) voted these turds in. They made this stupid-ass law. Now we're all F'd and they won't do a thing about it AND they'll get re-elected anyhow.

There are no consequences in a one-party state.

I've cut way back on eggs. So F them all. This is awesome terrible press for the State Whores. They pass stupid laws that have consequences and forget that the consequences actually arrive at some point.

Maybe drop off a few thousand broken eggs to the State Whores. Of course, you'd have to drop them off outside because you can't go in you disgusting unwashed masses.

Blocky - that's still $5/doz in powdered form.

Once you have chickens you will never go back to store bought eggs. I have had chickens for 25 years. Only when a predator has wiped them all out have we had to fall back on purchasing eggs and rarely for long. We produce more than we consume at most times so we have a good stockpile.

If you live in a town that does not permit chickens, you are living way too close to too many people...

This is typical. They've known about the problem for quite some time, and yet did absolutely nothing about it until they absolutely last minute. And now they can't get out of their own way to get anything done and consumers suffer. Welcome to Massachusetts politics. But hey it's not like your grocery bill was already sky high right.....

f*** them all... From Baker down .

Its almost like they waited last minute intentionally, to play chicken?

Another option is to get into good with someone that has chickens. There a person just down the street from me with chickens. I've been trading the spent grain from brewing for fresh eggs. The chickens are not producing right now due to the season change. I'm hoping they startup again soon. I've not stopped providing the spent grain though. Gave them an almost full 5 gallon bucket on Sunday and the coming batch will have even more.

100% agree that fresh eggs are far better.

All set here

Attachments

• IMG_6448.JPG
    IMG_6448.JPG
    671.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 756x1008-1319481056.JPEG
    756x1008-1319481056.JPEG
    268.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 20190519_184454.jpg
    20190519_184454.jpg
    501.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Canon Canon PowerShot ELPH 190 IS -5152x3864-827171584.JPEG
    Canon Canon PowerShot ELPH 190 IS -5152x3864-827171584.JPEG
    668.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 1440x1080-1457703740.JPEG
    1440x1080-1457703740.JPEG
    294.8 KB · Views: 44
  • NIKON COOLPIX S3600 -5152x3864-1364945680.JPEG
    NIKON COOLPIX S3600 -5152x3864-1364945680.JPEG
    898.8 KB · Views: 44
Free Bird?

It's 2021. Nobody wants Freebird anymore, dude. Put your lighter away. ROFL!!!!

I guess I can jump the line to Rhodey-Izlin if I need eggs. I'm thinking they'll have a workable solution by the 1st week in Jan. Probably repealing the whole entire thing. Their timing just sucked. Oh, and the law just sucked, too.

As I believe Mark Twain said, "if your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail." Legislators only know how to legislate. I'd love a law (giggle) that said they can only pass 5 laws a year and the text can only be so long. It's stupid, but it would stop dumbass legislation like this.

It's 2021. Nobody wants Freebird anymore, dude. Put your lighter away. ROFL!!!!

I guess I can jump the line to Rhodey-Izlin if I need eggs. I'm thinking they'll have a workable solution by the 1st week in Jan. Probably repealing the whole entire thing. Their timing just sucked. Oh, and the law just sucked, too.

As I believe Mark Twain said, "if your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail." Legislators only know how to legislate. I'd love a law (giggle) that said they can only pass 5 laws a year and the text can only be so long. It's stupid, but it would stop dumbass legislation like this.
Lighter? C'mon man!
Don't the cool dudes use their phone flashlights now?

Another option is to get into good with someone that has chickens. There a person just down the street from me with chickens. I've been trading the spent grain from brewing for fresh eggs. The chickens are not producing right now due to the season change. I'm hoping they startup again soon. I've not stopped providing the spent grain though. Gave them an almost full 5 gallon bucket on Sunday and the coming batch will have even more.

100% agree that fresh eggs are far better.

Tell them to put a light in the coup on a timer. If you give them a constant amount of light 14-16hrs production is only marginally impacted in the winter. The reason they stop laying is becuase they are eating less and sleeping more.

If you have 35ish chickens you can eat and store enough eggs to feed 4 people two eggs per day all year round and still have extras. Chickens are pretty low maintenance and if you have roosters they are self sustaining if you let them hatch.
And they are just fun to have running around the yard.

My dope of a rooster cracks me up, he throws his wing down at everyone that pulls in the driveway. I have one silky that hangs out with me when I am sitting by the fire pit drinking beer. My kids absolutely love them.

Back
Top Bottom