Chickens Lives Matter!

When the SHTF the libtards who obsess about how much space a chicken has will be among the first "victims." Why do I mention SHTF? Mostly because the libtards will, in part, have caused the situation.

We’re Having An Eggs-istential Crisis – 12.14.21 – Hour 2

Q: Precisely who made this stupid-ass law?

Humane Society United States, MSPCA and others of that ilk. That is what happens in a state that has Legislation by Referendum and Home Town Rule.

Oh, Whenever people patronize Angell Memorial, they are supporting this kind of bull shit.

Last edited:
Something else to think about, If the egg farms from outside of Mas$holechusetts have to refit their coups to meet that shithole's rules everyone will pay more for eggs, even those that don't buy and live in that shithole.

Oh we don't have that problem, 18 laying birds, Come spring we will also be raising meet birds.

Not practical, or lawful in many areas. I'm in Metrowest, not in on a cramped lot and siting a coop would be a PITA.
I have a BIL who worked in the Lowell Housing Projects as an apartment refurbisher in the 60's and 70's.
He would tell me about walking into a just-evicted unit and finding all the built-in kitchen cabinets without doors
and chicken wire strung over the openings. The smell of chicken shit would just about knock him off his feet.

Was not a wholly uncommon event...

Humane Society United States, MSPCA and others of that ilk. That is what happens in a state that has Legislation by Referendum and Home Town Rule.
Yep.

I will grant that strangely,
the Mass legislature didn't jump on it like they leapt up
to repeal the initiative referendum repealing the seat belt law.

To paraphrase Chicago Mayor Richard J. Daley, Sr.
(on the occasion of the 1968 Democratic National Convention),

The Great and General Court is not here to create disorder -​
The Great and General Court is not here to preserve disorder.​

9d68ce48-adf3-4675-aae9-601022197765_text.gif

Something else to think about, If the egg farms from outside of Mas$holechusetts have to refit their coups to meet that shithole's rules everyone will pay more for eggs, even those that don't buy and live in that shithole.
Or, they can just nope away from the Massachusetts egg market
and sell eggs at lowball prices in free states.

And if the market price rises
because the farms that upgrade
have to recoup their capital investments,
the vintage farms reap greater profits.

I get about 2 dozen per week with my 6 chickens. How much are store bought dozens going for now?
Wholefoods store brand large brown a dozen
Free range pasture raised vegetarian fed organic $4.99
Cage free (outdoor access) vegetarian fed organic $4.29
Cage free (outdoor access) vegetarian fed $3.19

Cage free or better yokes are orange. Healthier eggs because the chicken gets exercise and is less stressed. Taste is noticeably better with pasture raised. Kind of like grass fed beef. But $$$$$$

The wife and I were at Wally World in Attleboro yesterday. Store brand large white eggs were gone, regular price $1.93 a dozen. There was a bunch of store brand cage free large whites there so I grabbed a dozen and brought them to the computer price checker - $1.61 a dozen! Go figure. (Yeah, I bought them).

I have a BIL who worked in the Lowell Housing Projects as an apartment refurbisher in the 60's and 70's.
He would tell me about walking into a just-evicted unit and finding all the built-in kitchen cabinets without doors
and chicken wire strung over the openings. The smell of chicken shit would just about knock him off his feet.

Was not a wholly uncommon event...
Don’t open the freezers.

There was a regular patron at the bar when I was tending that worked for Lowell Gas Co.

Cracking on the counter. Even this morning, rap on flat surface, then pull the two halves apart; no issue. :confused:

Clearly, a mystery for the ages

Damn. I'm coming to your house for lessons or you're coming to mine to test my local brown eggs. LOL

It may be that the variability of shell thickness has something to do with it. Brown eggs are thicker shelled overall. Some shells will be thick, some thin, regardless of color. After decades of preferring the "delicate" shells of a white egg and my "rap" set to that, I get a brown egg that has an EXTRA thick shell and I don't break thru hte membrane.

It's annoying. I'm jealous you don't have teh same problem. ;)

Every dude's dream.

two-chicks-at-the-same-time.jpg

Wholefoods store brand large brown a dozen
Free range pasture raised vegetarian fed organic $4.99
Cage free (outdoor access) vegetarian fed organic $4.29
Cage free (outdoor access) vegetarian fed $3.19

Cage free or better yokes are orange. Healthier eggs because the chicken gets exercise and is less stressed. Taste is noticeably better with pasture raised. Kind of like grass fed beef. But $$$$$$
How can they say free range chickens are "vegetarian fed"? Do they stop the birds from picking bugs and worms out of the grass?

How can they say free range chickens are "vegetarian fed"? Do they stop the birds from picking bugs and worms out of the grass?
Whatever feed they give them is vegetarian rather than ground up animal byproducts mixed in. Anything else they eat in the pasture is up the chicken.

Some people, like me, for whatever reason have digestive issues if the chickens are fed cheap feed vs. the fancy stuff or whatever they forage in the pasture. I guess the feed results in different proteins in the yokes, because they taste significantly different and the color is a very deep orange vs. yellow.

If there's an egg shortage, I will wander out to my coop, gather eggs, and tell .gov to fvck off, just as I have for the last 10 years.

One of the hens has taken to crowing. It's funny....until she decides to do it at 3AM
Are you sure it's a hen?

Bugs and worms are very stupid, and can be classed as vegetables.

I once told someone that clam chowder was vegetarian, because calms were really dumb. Not sure if they believed me....[laugh]

If there's an egg shortage, I will wander out to my coop, gather eggs, and tell .gov to fvck off, just as I have for the last 10 years.

One of the hens has taken to crowing. It's funny....until she decides to do it at 3AM

We've gone thru times when there was no rooster around and usually one of the older hens (or even the oldest hen) takes over guard duty of the flock.

We've had to isolate some hens in our home infirmary area, and have had a hen start the crowing thing. It was kinda funny, because it was not a typical type of rooster full bellow crow, but a crowing made up of several inhalation & exhale efforts. Not real loud (hens just don't have the huge lung capacity of a healthy young roosters).

Last edited:
We've had to isolate some hens in our home infirmary area, and have had a hen start the crowing thing. It was kinda funny, because it was not a typical type of rooster full bellow crow, but a crowing made up of several inhalation efforts. Not real loud (hens just don't have the huge lung capacity of a healthy young rooster).
Maybe try it with a hen with bigger lungs; one that's nursing.

Be prepared to see localities start banning or attempt to ban keeping your own.
It's about pricing out the working class from everything.
I have heard that in Chelmsford that you are not allowed Roosters, and the town wants 25 dollars for each hen that you have. Oh, This fee also applies to rabbits as well.

Back
Top Bottom