Center Fire vs. Rim Fire

+1 for Mr. S here. I go through this with customers from time to time. In class we do teach the difference.

If you had a SKS with a removable mag and went to your local gun shop and asked for extra clips you would be pleased with the price and less then happy with what you saw.

Scrivener said:
NO; they are selling magazines in ads written by and for those too lazy to learn the difference.

MAGS load ammo into the breech;

CLIPS load ammo into the mazazine.

The fact that you and others can't be bothered to acquaint yourselves with the correct terminology for the hobby you chose does not make your sloth correct.

Just go with it Scrivener. It is common practice to say clip now. Breathe deep and move on.
elefant.gif
elefant.gif
elefant.gif

Last edited:
Coyote33 said:
That has got to be the dirtiest and least accurate ammo I've used. Just thought I'd throw that in to show that it really varies not only from brand to brand of gun, but even within types and the same exact model.

What is your favorite, cleanest, most accurate brand of .22 LR?
I am interested in stuff that inexpensive, no more than $20 per brick...

If you want cheap as in low price Wal Mart has either remington or federal hp for $9 for 550 rds Granted they are in something like a milk container it is a good deal

hminsky said:
What is your favorite, cleanest, most accurate brand of .22 LR?
I am interested in stuff that inexpensive, no more than $20 per brick...

Tough call. I think it was some federal once from Walmart.

Last batch was some CCI Velocitor, but that was pretty darned expensive.

For all of you who own a walther p22 you can find alot of great info at RIMFIRECENTRAL.COM the site is all rimfire related,has a whole section for the p22 and other rimfire guns.check it out if you're into rimfires.

Coyote33 said:
Just go with it Scrivener. It is common practice to say clip now. Breathe deep and move on.

As much as I hate to agree with the Scribe, it is not common practice to inter-change the terminology of clip and magazine. They both have very different definitions. Although I agree we need to continue pointing out this error, I don't believe we need to lambaste folks while doing so.

Back
Top Bottom