CC in police station?

A friend of mine asked if it is against the law to carry inside a police station in MA. In this case it's a local police station, he is taking his daughter for her FID card.

Concealed means concealed and all that, yes, but is there any state law on carry in a police station?

Nothing under MGL.

I know some big dump city PDs (eg Boston) have metal detectors and probably ban carry on the premises by non badgeholders, but those PDs are probably in the minority... and this is an administrative prohibition, like a courthouse, not one enshrined in MGL.

-Mike

Why would you want to look for trouble? Leave it locked up in the car or at home

What trouble? He has a license issued by the chief who sits at a desk in that building. Do you guys really leave your gun at home when you go to apply for renewal or whatever other business you have at the PD?

Why would you want to look for trouble? Leave it locked up in the car or at home

Looking for trouble? What about a citizen lawfully carrying a gun into a PD is "looking for trouble"? I'm having a hard time with this.

Maybe if they had a "no weapons allowed" sign that's one thing, even though that's not legally binding either.

-Mike

In other news, carry in Post Offices is prohibited... THAT is a pain when out running errands.

no law against it and i don't think they have metal detectors at most smaller police stations since they'd be going off all day when cops walk in and out so you should be fine...i don't really see a point though

no law against it and i don't think they have metal detectors at most smaller police stations since they'd be going off all day when cops walk in and out so you should be fine...i don't really see a point though

The point is disarming in the parking lot of a police station is a pain as most of us don't have Chester vans that we can just go in the back. Disarming in a sports sedan with a soccer mom in a minivan parked next to you can be unnerving.

Most of the Post Offices near me have metal detectors and since I haven't tested them I didn't think a Glock 26 was the appropriate tool for a test of the emergency broadcast system.

I've actually purchased ftf from an officer and met him at his desk at the station. Did the transaction, loaded it up and stuffed it in my pants before walking out. No problems!

Every time you handle a firearm is anothrr opportunity for a negligent discharge. If its not prohibited or illegal, keep it covered, answer honestly if questioned and remain calm.

I've actually purchased ftf from an officer and met him at his desk at the station. Did the transaction, loaded it up and stuffed it in my pants before walking out. No problems!

I'll bet I know where that was. I did the same.

The point is disarming in the parking lot of a police station is a pain as most of us don't have Chester vans that we can just go in the back. Disarming in a sports sedan with a soccer mom in a minivan parked next to you can be unnerving.

It is at first but after you do it a few dozen times you figure out that most of those people are pretty much oblivious. [laugh] I agree you shouldn't be having to do that if it's not against the law to carry there, though.

-Mike

Many years ago I sold a handgun to a LEO I met here, and we examined the gun in broad daylight in a moonbat laden town. I was actually kinda disappointed because no moonbats walked by, I wanted to see them go "guh buh wuh!" [rofl]

-Mike

then don't...there is no law against it...i'm just saying i personally don't see a point...like bringing sand to a beach...me bringing a gun into a place where there are a bunch of cops with guns...don't see myself needing it there and i don't want to deal with the slight chance of a cop overreacting and possibly jamming me up for nothing

then don't...there is no law against it...i'm just saying i personally don't see a point...like bringing sand to a beach...me bringing a gun into a place where there are a bunch of cops with guns...don't see myself needing it there and i don't want to deal with the slight chance of a cop overreacting and possibly jamming me up for nothing

So... you do what on your way there? Not carry between point A and point B because point B prohibits carry?

Do you carry at all or just when you think there will be a self defense situation?

Overreacting? Do you think every cop is out to kill you or something? [rofl]

I mean I question the motives of some in LE on a daily basis... but... as shocking as it may seem, a large number of them are not irrational most of the time. [rofl]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom