Carrying concealed while exercising

Pocket carry in shorts or sweatpants with a tightly tied drawstring and an extremely light gun, such as a Kel-Tec P3at, Ruger LCP or LCR, NAA Guardian, Seecamp, Subcompact Beretta, etc. etc.

i just run down the street with an AK strapped to my back.

the funny thing is I have thought about this, except with an AR, and held in front, because running with it strapped to the back would probably hurt.

except I would probably have a parade of blues behind me by the time I finished the first lap of the local quiet, peaceful neighborhood that I use as my personal treadmill

and to keep on topic, I havent tried one, but im sure a smart carry or something like that would do just fine.

does the smart carry have any sort of elasticity or passive retention?

I'm a gym? NO. Then again you might want to stuff your spandex, or with the rates they sometimes charge someone might show up with a AK but youd be outgunned [lol] j/k

I can see if somebody is running in a bad area or something, otherwise it just seems like more trouble than its worth. But hey, to each his own.

Do we have any "how do you carry concealed in the shower?" threads? [smile]

Do we have any "how do you carry concealed in the shower?" threads? [smile]

I don't know about you guys, but this sure makes me feel safe.
SHOWERGUN_2.jpg

If I'm ever going to try "concealing" a firearm in the shower it'll be a hell of a lot smaller than that. At least the first time. [smile]

Wow, I totally missed the bus on that one! All I could think of was finding that picture and I ignored the actual question. [shocked]

My lovely carries pepper spray when she runs outside. I don't run anymore...I ride a Schwinn AirDyne in the cellar 4-5 times a week for cardio (I call it my hampster wheel). Other than that, words fail me on these kinds of threads (Sorry, I don't get it....).

I carry pepper spray when I'm out cycling. I have actually carried my PM9 just to try it out. It was actually tolerable but just barely. Plus, in the summer I sweat like a pig and that's not good for the gun.

SMARTCARRY. End of story.
I run a personal training business out of a gym, and I can carry my M&P 9c all day in shorts or athletic pants all day with no problem or without being "made". I've worn it for a 4 mile run, too, just to see how it would feel. Felt fine, didn't impede at all. It won't come loose or shake out while running, either.

Inside a gym I don't see the need, but that is just me. I used to run at night and one time had a pack of late teens start to follow me. That time I wish I had at least something on me. Luckily I was able to dart through a few neighborhoods and lose them, but it could have been worse.

Thankfully, it would appear that none of you guys who "don't see the need" didn't lose any loved ones in the Pennsylvania gym tragedy where the lone gunman came in shooting and then took his life after the 4 others before him.
Lucky for you.
Clearly, you also don't work in a gym and haven't witnessed fist-fights and death threats amongst spouses who have been found to be having affairs at the gym (some with aerobics instructors!)
You also may not work in a gym like one of those that I attend with alot of inner city kids, drug dealers, both steroids and recreational, and local "tough" guys and general riff-raff.
If you feel safe at your personal gym, that's great. But to doubt, or "not see the need" that someone else feels, is just ignorant, if not rude, in my humble opinion.
But like was said before, "to each his own".

Inside a gym I don't see the need, but that is just me. I used to run at night and one time had a pack of late teens start to follow me. That time I wish I had at least something on me. Luckily I was able to dart through a few neighborhoods and lose them, but it could have been worse.

Gym Shooting Kills 5

Nobody at that gym saw the need to carry, either.

Thankfully, it would appear that none of you guys who "don't see the need" didn't lose any loved ones in the Pennsylvania gym tragedy where the lone gunman came in shooting and then took his life after the 4 others before him.
Lucky for you.
Clearly, you also don't work in a gym and haven't witnessed fist-fights and death threats amongst spouses who have been found to be having affairs at the gym (some with aerobics instructors!)
You also may not work in a gym like one of those that I attend with alot of inner city kids, drug dealers, both steroids and recreational, and local "tough" guys and general riff-raff.
If you feel safe at your personal gym, that's great. But to doubt, or "not see the need" that someone else feels, is just ignorant, if not rude, in my humble opinion.
But like was said before, "to each his own".

Jay, you are right that people like me are lucky to have not seen those things, and I'm sorry that you have had to experience it. I did not think about the PA gym. I did say that "I" did not see the need, and that was my opinion. Obviously, based on my own experience. That doesn't mean I'm saying your situation doesn't have merit.

Back
Top Bottom