• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carrying and using the head

I have a question about the "ass gaskets" mentioned, I believe, earlier in this thread.

First, I have to mention, though I work in a professional building, the others are a bunch of ****ing pigs. I've seen stuff no man should have to see in a bathroom.

To save my sanity, I use the prophylactic method known to some as the ass gasket. The bathroom is equipped with them. Sometimes run out at which time I nest.

The gaskets. Basically a big oval of the same paper you'd find on an obgyn's exam table. I know because I have one in the basement.

It has a cutout stamped that looks a little like a tonsil. You tear the three little bits and let the tonsil fall free, still attached by a wide tab at one end and finally, lay it on the seat.

Here's the question:

That tonsil, do y'all drape it down into the bowl from the front or from the back?

*I* usually drape it from the front. I don't like my... tip... getting soaked, so I set it over the front rim of the toilet seat, but they have that notch (for ****ing pigs that can't lift the seat) and the porcelain is too cold for comfort.

Is it common / correct to drape that flap from the front or from the back?

I have a question about the "ass gaskets" mentioned, I believe, earlier in this thread.

First, I have to mention, though I work in a professional building, the others are a bunch of ****ing pigs. I've seen stuff no man should have to see in a bathroom.

To save my sanity, I use the prophylactic method known to some as the ass gasket. The bathroom is equipped with them. Sometimes run out at which time I nest.

The gaskets. Basically a big oval of the same paper you'd find on an obgyn's exam table. I know because I have one in the basement.

It has a cutout stamped that looks a little like a tonsil. You tear the three little bits and let the tonsil fall free, still attached by a wide tab at one end and finally, lay it on the seat.

Here's the question:

That tonsil, do y'all drape it down into the bowl from the front or from the back?

*I* usually drape it from the front. I don't like my... tip... getting soaked, so I set it over the front rim of the toilet seat, but they have that notch (for ****ing pigs that can't lift the seat) and the porcelain is too cold for comfort.

Front.

It keeps your junk from contacting the porcelain in front.
It also hangs down and when you flush will suck the gasket down.

I was in India recently.

words can not describe the horrors that pass as a toilet over there. I'm still having nightmares 2 months later.

I made sure to drink extra coffee and fully evacuate before leaving the hotel every morning.
I'd rather have stapled my ass shut than tried to drop a deuce in what passes for a toilet over there.

Here's the question:

Neither. Putting that flap into the shitter is a no go. Haven't you heard of capillary action? The max time duration of a flap in the shitter shit is about 3 minutes. After that you risk getting your ass wet. I suggest you rip off the flap, wrap it around your fist and use that to initially wipe your ass. Common courtesy dictates you switch to toilet paper afterwards.

The flap is there to draw it down when you flush. The capillary action isn't bad. You can sit on the throne until your legs go numb and the water won't wick up to hit your heinie. Leave the flap in the back but don't sit to far forward - you run the risk of your junk hitting the inside of the bowl.

Most often I MYOAG - make your own ass gasket out of tp. One sheet across the back with both ends turned down to help make the angle, then one piece on each side. Really scary toilets demand double layer. Trying to hover makes it feel like I'm squeezing toothpaste from the middle of the tube.

Last edited:
I noticed that after I posted it LOL. That sticker's been there over 20 years, some idiot put it on there and no one ever peeled it off.

American express new catchphrase,

American Express, don't go poo without it
Charges and fees may apply

Last edited:
Neither. Putting that flap into the shitter is a no go. Haven't you heard of capillary action? The max time duration of a flap in the shitter shit is about 3 minutes. After that you risk getting your ass wet. I suggest you rip off the flap, wrap it around your fist and use that to initially wipe your ass. Common courtesy dictates you switch to toilet paper afterwards.

Toilet paper? Explain?

Saw this on NES a while back. You're welcome.

Number2Holster | Your number 2 holster for when ... you know

32367d1338599488t-ac-slater-uploadfromtaptalk1338599544592.jpg

I was in India recently.

words can not describe the horrors that pass as a toilet over there. I'm still having nightmares 2 months later.

I made sure to drink extra coffee and fully evacuate before leaving the hotel every morning.
I'd rather have stapled my ass shut than tried to drop a deuce in what passes for a toilet over there.

You should see what they look like outside the city.

My brother-in-law was using one such facility. It was basically a roof and 3 sides of a shipping container out behind the place we stopped to eat (the food, by the way, was awesome which makes this story even more strange) Anyway, I walked to the 'room' with him as it is always a good idea to have a lookout. I took a quick peek in. In the back was a wood platform with the standard hole in the middle. Bolted to the side of the container was a urinal. The smell made sure I didn't hang around long. He went in to just pee. About 20 seconds later I hear him curse loudly and come out headed for the car at a rapid pace. You see, the urinal had a pipe, but it dropped straight down and stopped about a foot from the ground. Being India, my brother-in-law was wearing shorts and sandals. It took a lot of paper towels and a considerable amount of the Bisleri (bottled water) to remove the mud and moisture. I can just imagine what the more sketchy places were like.

What is really strange as an American is seeing really gross bathrooms that are made entirely of marble. At least in the northwest areas, it is a very common building stone.

That said, it is an amazing country. The city of Jaisalmer is right out of a fairy tale. Wish I could find the pics from Keoladeo Sanctuary. There is a huge monument where years and years of British hunting expedition records were maintained. Hundreds of entries like "November XX, 1888, 98 guns, 10,000 birds" It was a record of the number of hunters and how much game was taken. And yes, the numbers are absolutely insane.

Anyway, enough threadjack.

Pants to knees, buckle belt, keep tension, keep your gun in its home. (Another plus to pocket Carry is that it 'drops' well. (^_^)

Toilet paper? Explain?

Unless you're the adventurist type... or Atilla (he isn't house broken after all), I wouldn't go "double dipping". The flap is one swipe only.

- - - Updated - - -

Toilet paper? Explain?

Unless you're the adventurist type... or Atilla (he isn't house broken after all), I wouldn't go "double dipping". The flap is one swipe only.

Weird, I always thought you put the paper flap in your ass, then you sit down with paper oval already attached to your ass. Once you start "going", the flap comes out and when you get up, the paper remains behind. That's the way I was taught anyway.

Gentlemen,

I have nothing to say on this matter that I'm willing to go on the record with, so I'll just bump this thread so more newbies can share in the knowledge of their elders.

And pray, start reading the thread from the beginning.

You should see what they look like outside the city.
The walls on the outhouse in the Bangalore public garden (or whatever they call that big park) are about 4 feet high, and no roof, which helps with the smell and allows males to enjoy the view when doing a #1.

I've meant to post something here. I have a system that works perfectly. I simply pull the hem of my boxers over the grip before I drop them. It works perfectly for IWB holsters. I mean FLAWLESSLY. For an OWB gun its more difficult.

I only carry a small J frame OWB in a pancake. This works for the J Frame. In CT, because I don't carry about printing or even exposing the slide, I usually carry a G19 OWB. Actually. In CT. I don't bother to cover up the gun if I have to use the john.

With all that said. Here is a live action photo of my Kahr P9 in my home. (so don't get grossed out about my pants touching the ground)

20130528_184241_zpsc036b62b.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom