Carry One In The Chamber

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wasnt the original argument. You cant justify a holster as a reason for a ND that simple. Its not just the ND thing why they were banned, they are not reliable and had poor field reports. As we all know the government is safety conscious and not always smart. There was allot of misguided hype around this and they took it at that. NDs are NDs.

By the way Hanwei, I was responding to the point you were responding to, not countering your point, your spot on with your observations man.

I was a bit uneasy carrying my 1911 with one in the chamber. so I switched to my S&W .357 Magnum revolver once I got used to firing the load, and, to my surprise, it carrys more comfotably and I don't have to worry about thumb safeties and SA. Just need to get the crimson trace and I'll be all set.

There is no reason to continue pushing once the pistol is released. It comes down to user error. If you cant handle a piece of equipment, dont own it. Ive used SERPAs, I have never had a ND, why a few reasons, I have good basic gun handling skills, I follow basic safety rules, and biggest, I'm not a complete moron, and am pretty competent. If you want to bitch about a product man, thats fine. Just bitch about the right parts like "the button breaks" or "it separates when being drawn" not about how it causes NDs. Because, NDs are completely user error, if you follow the basic fundamentals youll be GTG. The button doesnt make it easier, the user levels competence makes it easier to screw up. A ND is 100% user malfunction, not equipment. Whether it be NDing when drawing, or doing correcting malfunctions its still negligent. There is no argument to this.
P2A: I've never had an ND either.

Some designs are better than others. Some are safer than others. The SERPA design is less safe than others. Yes, with the SERPA if you stop pushing with your trigger finger at the right moment, you won't have an ND. But if you don't, then you might.

Contrast that with the Safariland ALS holster: http://www.safariland.com/duty/als.aspx
With the Safariland ALS, if stop pushing at the right moment with your thumb, you won't have an ND. If you don't stop pushing at the right moment with your thumb, you STILL won't have an ND with a Safariland ALS.

P2A: I've never had an ND either.

Some designs are better than others. Some are safer than others. The SERPA design is less safe than others. Yes, with the SERPA if you stop pushing with your trigger finger at the right moment, you won't have an ND. But if you don't, then you might.

Contrast that with the Safariland ALS holster: http://www.safariland.com/duty/als.aspx
With the Safariland ALS, if stop pushing at the right moment with your thumb, you won't have an ND. If you don't stop pushing at the right moment with your thumb, you STILL won't have an ND with a Safariland ALS.

Edit... nevermind [smile]

Gee Jose,

I have missed your deplete and absolutely classless comments on just about everything known to man and woman [rolleyes]

I think we're done with the latest "to chamber or not to chamber" horse mutilation session. This is like the 100th time this has been posted in the past month. [laugh]

ETA: For you guys flogging the serpa (or licking it) start another thread in equipment. [wink]

horse.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom