Cape Gun Works & Baystate Firearms File Suit v Healey

Mike S

NES Member
Just caught this on the twitter machine.

A pair of gun retailers are taking state Attorney General Maura Healey to court over her shifting interpretation of the Commonwealth’s regulations on semi-auto firearms.

Baystate Firearms, of Peabody, and Cape Gun Works, of Hyannis, filed their challenge in a Suffolk County court on Wednesday to Healey’s 2016 enforcement action. The shops argue that instead of enforcing the state’s “assault weapon” ban as written, Healey issued an “entirely new interpretation” of the law that deemed some constitutionally protected firearms once considered “Massachusetts compliant” as illegal.

Fresh lawsuit filed by gun shops over Massachusetts ‘assault weapon’ expansion

Why not? The taxpayers are footing the bill and she has nothing to lose!

All that crap aside, it's good that there's push back and let's hope there's a win in there someplace

Must be nice to play with house money... gotta believe she would think twice about her shenanigans if their costs came out of her salary

I'm not sure that it's a good idea to file another lawsuit without knowing the name(s) of who is representing the Plaintiffs. Also, why didn't they just tag on to the ongoing NSSF lawsuit?

until some liberal asshat judge says oh no, sorry, i think 8 rounds is sufficiently unmilitary

Please EVERYONE, don't forget to Vote next month and especially this fall for the AG seat. You don't have to be in love with the candidates, I know I'm not, BUT we sure as hell know who we don't want! Remember all the naysayers that said there was NO WAY Trump would get elected.There is only one legal way to get M.H. out of office, FIRE HER ASS!!!! Now who's with me???

Please EVERYONE, don't forget to Vote next month and especially this fall for the AG seat. You don't have to be in love with the candidates, I know I'm not, BUT we sure as hell know who we don't want! Remember all the naysayers that said there was NO WAY Trump would get elected.There is only one legal way to get M.H. out of office, FIRE HER ASS!!!! Now who's with me???

Isn’t she unopposed on the dem ticket? I’m independent, so if she has an opponent I’ll vote against her rather than against baker.

I'm not sure that it's a good idea to file another lawsuit without knowing the name(s) of who is representing the Plaintiffs. Also, why didn't they just tag on to the ongoing NSSF lawsuit?

This is what I'm worried about, the more the merrier does not work well with lawsuits and is short sighted. If they are working with one of the groups who are coordinating these things and this is done the right way then great. If not they could be screwing us forever by offering the other side a chance to get a mass SJC ruling that spoils the right lawsuits chances in other courts. It has happened before, and a bad ruling in the wrong place can put us back a generation on gun rights overnight.

i think we're all with you here. the bigger problem is trying to get a good chunk of the 1.5+ million registered democrats and a few undeclared voters to hook up with ya.

I won't waste my time trying to talk sense into a Democrat, but let's make sure we get off our asses and show up that day and hope they don't.We must not become complacent, we must not hope "someone else will go vote so I don't have to", don't think " well my vote won't matter". Remember the Holy S@#t look on Hillary's side when all was said and done in 2016. Remember they think we're useless couch crumbs. I sure as hell will be voting for change, not necessarily perfection, but change.

This is what I'm worried about, the more the merrier does not work well with lawsuits and is short sighted. If they are working with one of the groups who are coordinating these things and this is done the right way then great. If not they could be screwing us forever by offering the other side a chance to get a mass SJC ruling that spoils the right lawsuits chances in other courts. It has happened before, and a bad ruling in the wrong place can put us back a generation on gun rights overnight.

It is...NSSF backed suit. I'll try to post a copy of the complaint.

I honestly don't care if it comes out of the AGs budget or the general fund... every nickel spent defending her BS is a nickel not spent elsewhere. It'll be a line item come budget time. Just because she has "nothing" to lose doesn't mean we don't have something to "win"

Right, at some point she'll start annoying people if she's burning up funds over her BS.

Right, at some point she'll start annoying people if she's burning up funds over her BS.

In MA?? Moonbat heaven MA?? I seriously doubt it.

Hell, she's the anti gun rights crowd's hero. If she held a fund raiser to promote or defend anti gun laws the coffers would fill in record time.

She must have a budget right? Can't be just unlimited legal fees.

It's cool. The legislature will just increase your taxes and then give themselves another raise as a masturbatory pat on the back for a job well done. And when you vote to repeal the tax increase on the next cycle's ballot measure, they'll just ignore it like they always do.

It'd be nice if there was a way to take them to task for that particular brand of bullshit. Personal liability for legislators should be a thing. For all public sector employees, really.

I copied this over from Vette Girl's post in the other AGO lawsuit......maybe this is the reason for the fresh case....not sure.

Did anyone manage to catch this gem from the settlement of Defense Distributed et al vs Department of State:

"... the government expressly acknowledges that non-automatic firearms up to .50-caliber – including modern semi-auto sporting rifles such as the popular AR-15 and similar firearms – are not inherently military."

I found that interesting. Maybe it's ammo to use in another case like this one?

Back
Top Bottom