Can't Wait for Coakley's Response

So would it be safe to determine for those of us who get a migraine reading leagalize , That she's using the "Because I said it is, and that's all you need to know." defense ?

Was thinking the same thing. BTW my head hurts

That was my read... The basic complaint against Madame Attorney General is that she claims her (or her offices) letters are sufficient notice that G3/4 Glocks are non-compliant, but refuses to explain why.

I'm injured in that Federal law dictates dealer-only interstate transfers of handguns (in recipients state,) and Massachusetts CMR prevents such transfer - I have been gifted a Glock 22c that I can not transfer into Massachusetts under current CMRs.

Nice find. Sorry to hear your news. If only there were someone in the state government consumers could turn to, to address this kind of fraud.

I know its baby steps but do you think the online purchase of ammo will one day be available? After all we are only participating in e-commerce. the AG should not have the right to stop that.

draper_opposition.pdf said:
As of the date of this Opposition, COMM2A has 835 donors predominantly from Massachusetts.

OK, why is this number so low?

If you're reading this and you're not one of those 835, write them a check. Even if it's $25.

If you are one of the 835, good! Now get your friends to give them $25 (or more if they can afford it)

Every time I read about something Comm2A is doing I want to give them more money. Near as I can tell, Comm2A and 2AF are the most effective no-politics no-bullshit organizations we have on our side.

(No offense intended toward GOAL, who also does good stuff and gets my money, but they're clearly in politics)

Is there some way this number was figured out? Hell just the Amazon link, I have lots of people using it who don't even live in Mass. I know a lot of people in Mass who have donated and many who do the monthly. How is this number computed as this seems low. [shocked]

Has anyone submitted a FOIA request for all documents pertaining to the

1) promulgation of the regulations and
2) determination of adherence to the requirements for Glocks?

Would something like that produce anything of value?

So would it be safe to determine for those of us who get a migraine reading leagalize , That she's using the "Because I said it is, and that's all you need to know." defense ?

She invoked the "BECAUSE I'M THE MOM AND I SAID SO" defense.

And after reading that, all I can think is she should sue her law school for a refund. Clearly, she didn't get her money's worth.

If you're reading this and you're not one of those 835, write them a check. Even if it's $25.

If you are one of the 835, good! Now get your friends to give them $25 (or more if they can afford it)

Every time I read about something Comm2A is doing I want to give them more money. Near as I can tell, Comm2A and 2AF are the most effective no-politics no-bullshit organizations we have on our side.

(No offense intended toward GOAL, who also does good stuff and gets my money, but they're clearly in politics)

I was also disturbed by this. Granted I'm only doing $10 a month and occasional extra donations but wtf. How many NES followers are there? When I see how much money my upcoming child on Oct 4 is gonna set me back it'll go up. If you want to see this and other cases succeed then set up the donation. $120 a year is probably less than you pay in bottle deposits a year

http://www.comm2a.org/index.php/donate

Has anyone submitted a FOIA request for all documents pertaining to the

1) promulgation of the regulations and
2) determination of adherence to the requirements for Glocks?

Would something like that produce anything of value?

Yes, GOAL pursued a public records requests (FOIA is a federal law) and at great cost obtained some very interesting material:

http://www.goal.org/regulationpages/fraudreport.html

Donation inbound.

I also use their https://smile.amazon.com/ link to donate with every amazon.com purchase!

Go to: https://smile.amazon.com/ Then login to your amazon account and select "comm2a"

Last edited:
Yes, GOAL pursued a public records requests (FOIA is a federal law) and at great cost obtained some very interesting material:

http://www.goal.org/regulationpages/fraudreport.html
Wow indeed. Than you.

Quite a read.

Quite a screwed up process they have there.

If you more narrowly define the request will that increase or decrease the "reasonable costs" in researching your request?

Maybe a request for documents regarding the investigation and determination of glock's compliance with the regulations?

I find it particularly fascinating that these power hungry statist wanna be dictators all seem to have the same mentality; if the legislature fails to act on something within the purview of the legislature even if they duly considered acting and declined to do so, then it's up to me to substitute my opinion for theirs for the good of my subjects. #IveGotAPen #SelectiveEnforcement ... basically #Obama

PS I see on the linked page that GOAL used (4 times) the term FOIA as I did, as sort of a Kleenex generic, I assume. I didn't know the proper name/act/whatever for the state equivalent to the FOIA.

Yes, I wish this number was higher. None of us are fund raising savants and our bandwidth is almost entirely consumed with advancing our mission. The single biggest impact people can have on our organization is to become monthly sponsors. Even the $10/month donations are a huge help and most people won't even notice once they've signed up. Monthly donations allow us to focus on our mission and plan for the future rather than running around with out-stretched hands all the time.

If our action against the AG doesn't convince people to support Comm2A I don't know what will. Maybe next week's announcement will be a little more compelling. (It's a good one as well [wink])

There are a couple of categories of cases that Comm2A files -

1. Cases that have broad statewide impact (The alienage case; Coakley v. Draper; Jarvis vs. Village Vault)

2. Cases that address one small abuse by a specific department

Don't underestimate the importance of the second type of case, even though it would initially appear that these are only solving small problems for 1 or 2 people. By taking these cases, Comm2A is putting issuing authorities on notice that they can't abuse an applicant's rights just because it's a 20 something who does not appear to be the kind of person who can fund a federal case.

I was also disturbed by this. Granted I'm only doing $10 a month and occasional extra donations but wtf. How many NES followers are there? When I see how much money my upcoming child on Oct 4 is gonna set me back it'll go up. If you want to see this and other cases succeed then set up the donation. $120 a year is probably less than you pay in bottle deposits a year

http://www.comm2a.org/index.php/donate

Note that SAF has more paying supporters than we do in MA. That's our new target, to get as many as the national orgs do here in this state.

Back
Top Bottom