Can't post to Classifleds anyore???

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, none Green Members aren't allowed to post in the Classifleds? I not exactely up to date here, so when did this happen? Green Member Discounts not cutting it?

Last edited:
Used to be Green Member only discount section right? Thought that was good enough reason to go green. Now there's one more reason to get to finally get to it and join.

Ok yes. GOOD MAN! That's what I thought you meant. Going Green is good.

Regardless of "privledges to the members section", "group buys", and now "sales in the classifieds section", I think EVERYONE that uses this site period should be a GREEN MEMBER!
I mean, seriously.. 20 bucks A YEAR to use this site?!?! THAT IS NOTHING! All the time spent here, reading, learning, posting, helping others, networking, etc, the fact that people can't pony up a meer 20 bucks a year to use and enjoy this site is beyond me.

Just my opinion... Rant Over.

Used to be Green Member only discount section right? Thought that was good enough reason to go green. Now there's one more reason to get to finally get to it and join.

As a non-paid member, you can still buy items off the classifieds section. You only have to be a supporting member to post items for sale.

And yes, you ought to go green anyway.

$21 is a small price to pay. It's a shame more people don't support a site that offers so much. Not to mention GOAL.

*see my signature*

The only thing I would consider with this move is that someone who would consider selling a MA compliant gun may take that sale to gun broker/glocktalk/etc... versus selling to someone in ma and keeping the gun in MA.

P8040040a.jpg

The only thing I would consider with this move is that someone who would consider selling a MA compliant gun may take that sale to gun broker/glocktalk/etc... versus selling to someone in ma and keeping the gun in MA.

I have to agree...I don't sell stuff often, and I'd prefer to sell "local", but under this rule you won't be seeing any of my "toys" for sale here...

It's really nothing against this site in particular, but internet gun sites are far from rare on the internet...I won't pay to look at tits on the internet and I wont pay to talk guns on the internet...[wink]

I feel by the time you weigh in transfer fees, and the MA premium in most cases it will more than cover the cost of going green.

I was kinda PO'd when they changed the rules, but it gave me an excuse to go green. The $21.00 paid for itself in one sale. A site like Gunbroker is great, but you have to factor in fees and the hassle of shipping. If you sell a gun to a FFL you're most likely not going to get nearly as much as a private sale. The of the many great aspects of this site is it's local, fast and easy dealing face-to-face.

FWIW, sites like Snipers Hide even require you to have a certain amount of posts before you can list an item in their classifieds. Also the mods will take into account the content of the posts. Saying "I agree" or "plus one" does not count as a post. A paid membership is not required there but solid participation is. For 21 bucks this site is worth it on many levels not just access to the classifieds.

People joining only to use NES as a dumping ground for their classified ads does not add anything to the site really. So the least the 'classifieds only' folks can do, is pony up $21.00 to open their items to a broad, local audience. No one cares really if none of securityboy's toys will be available in the classifieds because he's too cheap to cough up $21.00 to support a site that has a lot to offer gun owners, (and buyers) in New England.

I have to agree...I don't sell stuff often, and I'd prefer to sell "local", but under this rule you won't be seeing any of my "toys" for sale here...

It's really nothing against this site in particular, but internet gun sites are far from rare on the internet...I won't pay to look at tits on the internet and I wont pay to talk guns on the internet...[wink]

You have to remember it takes peoples time and effort to run this site, 20 bucks is a small price to pay to be part of a local community in a sport/hobby that is not considered by many to be "PC"

Also the instant responses you get from Derek on questions or problems and his willingness to work with you is something you are going to have a hard time finding on other shooting sites.....You piss away 20 bucks a day/week on crap you don't even remember, at least here it last all year ..

My 20 has paid for itself over and over, I have made new friends, learned some stuff, had good conversation, gotten more than my share of good laughs, and have been beat up pritty good too (not naming any name Jose[smile] ) Its worth every penny..I would hate to see this site go away

With GB you have to pay listing fees, shipping,and FFL transfers and you are still taking the chance the you will get screwed by some hillbilly in sedro woley, washington ...then what are you going to do? e-mail GB and "dispute" it...at least here you have the option of meeting up with someone shaking their hand and saying "how ya doin'"..

go green, the minute you do you'll find yourself using this site more than you think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom