• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

can't find paperwork for a transfer

Lol, you throw away your passports and SS?

I keep the important papers in one folder inside a safe:
Passports
Naturalization paper (equivalent of birth certificate)
Argentine National ID
US passport card
Other States LTC (and some expired MA LTC - I don't know why, but they are there)
Marriage certificate
LTC safety class
Hunters safety class

I think that is about it. Everything I could ever need.

Besides that I keep 2 or 3 bills with my address, like the past 3 months electric and past 3 months mortgage in case I ever need them for something like REAL ID.

Besides that, it all goes from mailbox > shredder > trash > recycling > back to my mailbox > ... the circle of life.

I made the mistake of keeping bills for like 6 years before. I had soemthing like 9 shoe boxes full of bills. Shredding and burning all thst crap s*cked. When I though I was done I found a bunch of college paperwork, notes and old job notebooks with customer names and junk from calls ... I filled two and a half 30gallon trash bags with shredded paper. It was stupid.

safe in office with critical paperwork and keepsakes, (father’s dog tags, mom’s watch, etc). Critical papers include passports, birth certificates, wedding certificate, social security cards, wills, power of attorney forms, living wills and some firearm paperwork. Mostly CT dps3c forms And a few bills of Sale Plus a few certifications.

another safe contains meds that we don’t want laying around.

one fire safe contains the insurance policies and the other has our last seven years of tax returns (per accountant’s recommendation - yeah he has copies too ???)

gun safes contain Guns.

Man, it really doesn't matter but isn't a bad idea cuz MA. The cops will have a list of what's been EFA-10'd to you historically AND what is in your current ownership. Then that they demand they need to confiscate the latter.

EFA-10s are the seller's responsibility to generate when a gun is sold/transferred to a private individual. But due to the hatred and often times intentional grasping at straws with MA LE/courts with gun stuff, It'd be prudent to keep a record of what you sold and obtained when it comes to firearms in and out.

#10 white envelopes with the make/model/SN/price on the outside of the envelope, FA10 printout and receipts for any accessories bought also in the envelope. all paperwork scanned to PDF and stored in an encrypted folder. also spreadsheets tracking each range trip, date, weather, firearm(s) used and quantity of which ammo used in each firearm. seperate spreadsheet to track ammo purchases with tabs for type (pistol/rifle/commercial/handload/ammo cost/component cost)

and no, i'm not joking, LOL..... i can tell you how much i paid for WSP primers 10 years ago and how much .22LR i have (to the round) and how many rounds have been through my Shield 2.0, and the dates they were fired.
why-just-why.gif

giphy (30).gif

EFA-10s are the seller's responsibility to generate when a gun is sold/transferred to a private individual. But due to the hatred and often times intentional grasping at straws with MA LE/courts with gun stuff, It'd be prudent to keep a record of what you sold and obtained when it comes to firearms in and out.
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Lol, you throw away your passports and SS?

OK, since you're calling me on it. No I don't throw them out.

I lost my passport somewhere in my compost pile on the desk, so when I applied for a new one, I just filled out a form that said I lost it. No big deal.

My SS card is........someplace. I might need to call their office if I need it someday. lol

No but it does show registration and ergo ownership.

The efa10 system isn't a registry, but here we are too.
It does not. It only shows ownership if someone can find it in a database, otherwise it is just a piece of paper with a SN on it that can be easily created by anyone.

The answer is simple, you don't need to prove ownership of anything.

Was that serial number reported as stolen? --NO? ... then you own it.

If you are ever in this situation, the best you can do is STFU and keep asking for your lawyer.

Name, "I want my lawyer".

If you say anything else you are an idiot.

No but it does show registration and ergo ownership.

The efa10 system isn't a registry, but here we are too.
I agree with you. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I sell you a gun, we do the transfer. You throw your copy away. I still have mine from when I originally bought it. I'm not entitled to any ownership. It's not like we could depend on the state to provide you with a copy so you can prove it's yours.
It's not like a title that gets signed away with the item. We better not give them any ideas lol

I agree with you. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I sell you a gun, we do the transfer. You throw your copy away. I still have mine from when I originally bought it. I'm not entitled to any ownership. It's not like we could depend on the state to provide you with a copy so you can prove it's yours.
It's not like a title that gets signed away with the item. We better not give them any ideas lol
It’s a near useless system outside of “their” registration.
They just let the gun thief go walking on some bullshit plea anyway.

#10 white envelopes with the make/model/SN/price on the outside of the envelope, FA10 printout and receipts for any accessories bought also in the envelope. all paperwork scanned to PDF and stored in an encrypted folder. also spreadsheets tracking each range trip, date, weather, firearm(s) used and quantity of which ammo used in each firearm. seperate spreadsheet to track ammo purchases with tabs for type (pistol/rifle/commercial/handload/ammo cost/component cost)

and no, i'm not joking, LOL..... i can tell you how much i paid for WSP primers 10 years ago and how much .22LR i have (to the round) and how many rounds have been through my Shield 2.0, and the dates they were fired.
Wow. Just wow.

OCD much?

I recently moved and I had most of the papers for sales I made but they got tossed in the packing by accident. At first I panicked and then said, WTF do I care. Live free or die. Will you guys bail me out? And @Broc is right, just STFU....if they come knocking, paperwork ain't gonna save you but a good lawyer will.

forgive me if this has been asked, can't find a thread about it.
Im not shitting my pants, just asking for advice here.. please keep it to the point

was going through my firearms paperwork last night as i like to organize it annually, and realized i have 1 missing piece. I did a transfer at JandJ Arms in Dedham back in August/Sept of 2021 (sold it here in the classifieds) but realizing i don't have a copy of the transfer, only have a copy of the registration when i bought it. is that a big deal or no? if it is, anyone have any idea how to recover a copy of it? Id ask the person i sold it to if they have a copy they could send me but it was so long ago that i might've deleted the messages between him and i for the meet-up so i don't even know/remember who it was transferred to.
If keeping copies of that shit is important I'm f***ed.

He's not wrong technically speaking, no other paper does that.
And if serial number, and other info was input wrong, what is that piece of paper worth?

Its not like there's a hard stop or check in a database of Serial numbers on that gun type if you enter something wrong.

Back
Top Bottom