Can I shoot your gun?

So i have been comparing carry guns on the Internet for a whiles and although carrying my glock 22 is feasible, it is not ideal. I am looking at slim single stack 9mm and 380s, mostly the Lc9, shield 9, lcp (I know it's non am comp), and the bodyguard. I am a member at MRA so in return for your kindness of letting me trial anyone of these guns I would like to offer my guns for you to shoot while I am shooting yours. I will not post them all here but PM me if you may be interested. Much appreciated. Thanks

you don't want a LC9 or a bodyguard. you don't want a shield unless the trigger has been fixed.

i've messed with or owned every gun you're thinking about. for a mouse gun i'd recommend the LCP, for the single stack 9mm then i'd have to say the shield, but get the trigger fixed.

you don't want a LC9 or a bodyguard. you don't want a shield unless the trigger has been fixed.

i've messed with or owned every gun you're thinking about. for a mouse gun i'd recommend the LCP, for the single stack 9mm then i'd have to say the shield, but get the trigger fixed.

this...

if you want to try a shield pre-trigger job, mine is a perfect example of how it is like attempting to pull a goat backwards up a hill by his asswhole with one finger.

i'll have the trigger done soon though, as soon as I can find someone with the shield specific rear sight removal tool. all in all, it's still not a bad pistol if you can keep the muzzle down. mine is extremely accurate out to 50 ft...it's real light on the hip, and it fits MY hand pretty well for a single stack. from where do you hail, Mr. Mursenary?

-Mike

FYI - the bodyguard's trigger is long and heavy so many complain about that, doesn't bother me so much because it along with the hard safety makes me feel totally comfortable with one in the chamber at all times. I would never do that with a Glock unless I was in high alert mode.

This, the stock shield MA trigger is shockingly terrible. I swapped the Apex kit in myself which actually made the trigger way above average. Other than the stress of locking the slide in a vice and beating the rear sight with some square brass stock the trigger job was super easy.

I just picked up a Kahr PM9 this weekend, the trigger is awesome, but the gun is tiny, can't wait to shoot it.

Chris

I have the Shield with a trigger job and a Bodyguard that you are welcome to try out. I have been wanting to check out MRA anyway since it is not far from my work.

I have a pre trigger job shield and an LC9 you are welcome to try but you would have to come out to Hopkinton

I don't care for the LC9 at all, my girlfriend bought it but doesn't enjoy shooting it. it looks and feels like it should be nice, but I have been dissapointed

easy to carry though

FYI - the bodyguard's trigger is long and heavy so many complain about that, doesn't bother me so much because it along with the hard safety makes me feel totally comfortable with one in the chamber at all times. I would never do that with a Glock unless I was in high alert mode.

Agree- I don't mind the trigger at all- the BG380 feels great in my hand, and is one of the most comfortably concealable firearms available. It shoots accurately, and with little kick. The trigger is a bit long, but with practice it's easy to forget about.

...t is like attempting to pull a goat backwards up a hill by his asswhole with one finger.

Woah. I think this beats my WASR-10 action description. "Like pulling a non wheeled dumpster across a bed of rocks".

I tip my hat to thee, sir. [laugh]

-Mike

I actually think the LC9 is a great choice for CCW. With the hammer fired DAO you can't get any more safer for pocket carry. Yes the trigger pull is long. But that's not a bad thing when you need it most as you won't even notice. Another striker fired to look at would be the Kahr P9. Has a safety in MA. But this gun is the most accurate, soft shooting small 9 out there. I think it shoots far better than the Shield. Something nobody has mentioned that may also be a great choice is the Sig p238. Best shooting, most accurate mouse gun IMHO out there. Nothing even comes close, especially the Bodyguard. Night and Day.

I have both the LC9, P9 and the P238. I am out here in the Springfield area but you are more than welcome to come to the Agawam Revolver Club with me and try them out.

I think the LC9 is fine, it is not ideal as to trigger. My issue with the LC9 is for me, it does not draw easily from a pocket which was the purpose for which I purchased it. What about a 39 series S&W or a CS9. Neither will work for pocket carry, but they conceal well on the belt. For pocket carry I recommend a small frame revolver.

I like my S&W model 39-2 its a single stack. If I was in your area I would let you try it. It carries well, for me anyway. If I truely want good concealment I go with my 38sp airweight

I can't shoot a factory shield and hit a plate at 10 yards. That's both a function of my skill and the poop trigger.

$T2eC16dHJGQE9noMbT4HBREc!iC4SQ~~60_57.jpg

Using one of these will get you man hands that are able to squeeze any trigger out there

- - - Updated - - -

So i have been comparing carry guns on the Internet for a whiles and although carrying my glock 22 is feasible, it is not ideal. I am looking at slim single stack 9mm and 380s, mostly the Lc9, shield 9, lcp (I know it's non am comp), and the bodyguard. I am a member at MRA so in return for your kindness of letting me trial anyone of these guns I would like to offer my guns for you to shoot while I am shooting yours. I will not post them all here but PM me if you may be interested. Much appreciated. Thanks

I don't have what your looking for but I do have a PM9 that I think you should try if your looking for a great easy to conceal gun.

while the stock shield trigger sucks, and should be changed before you carry it... I don't think its nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

Since you want a nice thin single-stack gun, how about my lightweight 1911?

OK probably wouldn't be for you, I just want to shoot so many guns you can't list'em. [smile]

I'm planning on picking up a shield tomorrow. Can't wait. Which trigger kit?

Other than the trigger what's the complaint with the LC9? I see a lot of "I hate the LC9. The LC9 sucks." posts without reasons. I'm sure the OP would like to know why the hate. I have an LC9 that I dropped the Gallowway trigger bar and trigger in to. I don't have any real issues with it. I haven't done the trigger on my Shield (trade from BIL) so I can't compare them directly, post trigger.

I'm just wondering if I'm really missing something.

Aloha

Back
Top Bottom