Can I shoot your gun?

Other than the trigger what's the complaint with the LC9? I see a lot of "I hate the LC9. The LC9 sucks." posts without reasons. I'm sure the OP would like to know why the hate. I have an LC9 that I dropped the Gallowway trigger bar and trigger in to. I don't have any real issues with it. I haven't done the trigger on my Shield (trade from BIL) so I can't compare them directly, post trigger.

I'm just wondering if I'm really missing something.

Aloha
I find the LC9 very "flippy" compared to similar guns I have shot, the slide is very hard to rack (nitpicking) compared to similar guns I have shot and I personally don't care for the sights

I shot a friend's (newbie) new shield 9mm w/ MA trigger yesterday morning, and it was stupid heavy. He had shot it once before and told me he couldn't even hit paper at 25 feet. He said he thought the sights were messed up or something and was thinking of bringing it back to the dealer. I told him he should let me fire it first. There's nothing wrong with the gun besides that horrendous trigger. From about 15 yards I had a group the size of a dinner plate dead center. I walked him through basic pistol shooting (especially methods of overcoming a shit trigger) and after an hour he was on paper but mostly low left. 100% reliable and nice shooting gun but I would never carry something with a trigger that stout. He's buying whatever kit they sell to lighten that sucker up and I'm swapping it out for him.

For gits and shiggles I let him put ~ ten mags through my MKIII target with Volquartsen sear and Bushnell red dot sight. He was dead nuts with it. You start the newbs off right with proper technique and teach them to trust that the gun is accurate and that they can shoot well after only an hour of guidance, and they're happy as a little girl. Sorry for getting off track, I just enjoy helping new shooters get good at it.

I can see complaints about the length of trigger pull. Wife made the comment it's almost as long as my S&W Mdl36. I put the Galloway in mine and it reduced it by a good amount. I have the kit to put in my wife's but I haven't gotten to it yet. I'm a bad husband I know. For me, it points well, it carries well, and has always gone bang. On her's I put the William's fiber front site and it works well for both of us. Mine still has the stock sites.

The recoil is a bit "flippy." I dropped the Galloway recoil rod and spring into mine and it almost seemed more "flippy." I've got issues with the ligaments in my hands so it might just have been a bad day. I need more range time to compare them.

Eventually I'm going to sell either the Shield or the LC9 and keep the other. I need to order the Apex for the Shield and then do the comparison.

Aloha

OP, Try a PPS. It is much better than any of the guns you mentioned.

I dont know why everyone has such a hard on for the shield. When it first came out everyone acted like it was a game changer and it had never been done before.

Bring some 9mm and you can shoot my PPS all day long. I am a member at Pembroke (Old colony sportsmen association) south of Boston. I will be there next weekend.

OP, Try a PPS. It is much better than any of the guns you mentioned.

I dont know why everyone has such a hard on for the shield. When it first came out everyone acted like it was a game changer and it had never been done before.

Bring some 9mm and you can shoot my PPS all day long. I am a member at Pembroke (Old colony sportsmen association) south of Boston. I will be there next weekend.

Seriously though. It's nothing special.

The PPS has too much shit surrounding it. From bad triggers to difficult trigger jobs. the size is great but I'd pass on it. Wish I liked it more.

Seriously though. It's nothing special.

The PPS has too much shit surrounding it. From bad triggers to difficult trigger jobs. the size is great but I'd pass on it. Wish I liked it more.

what kind of sh@t? - maybe there is something new that I am not aware of? (I stopped researching the gun when I got mine 2 years ago)

The trigger is fine, it doesnt need a trigger job.

I am not trying to pass innacurate info just because I own the gun. To the OP and anyone else that reads this, When I did my research for the PPS I did find one big issue, a part would break in certain guns and prevent it from functioning. That issue was solved in newer models, and I got one of the newer models. Ever since then I stopped reading about the gun because I dont have any issues with it, so if people are reporting issues I am not aware of them.

Last edited:
I got a xds 45 a 1911 r1 and take home p38 and when I got the cash for smith work a custom para/Wilson combat double stack 1911.
None of the guns you wanna try but if I get range time you can shoot them lol.

what kind of sh@t? - maybe there is something new that I am not aware of? (I stopped researching the gun when I got mine 2 years ago)

The trigger is fine, it doesnt need a trigger job.

I am not trying to pass innacurate info just because I own the gun. To the OP and anyone else that reads this, When I did my research for the PPS I did find one big issue, a part would break in certain guns and prevent it from functioning. That issue was solved in newer models, and I got one of the newer models. Ever since then I stopped reading about the gun because I dont have any issues with it, so if people are reporting issues I am not aware of them.

Well not functionality but I hate the Euro mag release. Another problem that I have heard about is with the spring in the slide lock that can break or move out of position and cause a jam. It has been redesigned and is a warranty replacement if you get an older model. So you need to buy it and then find out what sucks about it, it's a buzzkill.

Plus my XDs is just about the same size if not smaller so I don't need one anyway.

Well not functionality but I hate the Euro mag release. Another problem that I have heard about is with the spring in the slide lock that can break or move out of position and cause a jam. It has been redesigned and is a warranty replacement if you get an older model. So you need to buy it and then find out what sucks about it, it's a buzzkill.

Plus my XDs is just about the same size if not smaller so I don't need one anyway.

The spring is an old model issue. the new ones are fine. The guns manufactured in the past few years (after 2010 or 2009 maybe?) have had that issue solved. You can tell the manufacture date by the serial numbers.

The mag release is not an issue, it is just a preference. I love it, and once you get used to it, it is very comfortable and it is one less thing that sticks out of the gun.

Plus my XDs is just about the same size if not smaller so I don't need one anyway
got it. You dont like the gun because you dont need it.

Dont go around saying this:
The PPS has too much shit surrounding it
I dont believe the above classifies as "too much shit" specially when the spring issue is not an issue anymore.

Last edited:
I love my Walther P99 but I hated the PPS when I tried it. I really wanted to like it. I'll take my shield over the PPS.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

So you don't actually own one....interesting......[rolleyes]

makes me feel totally comfortable with one in the chamber at all times. I would never do that with a Glock unless I was in high alert mode.
hE91B3996

So i have been comparing carry guns on the Internet for a whiles and although carrying my glock 22 is feasible, it is not ideal. I am looking at slim single stack 9mm and 380s, mostly the Lc9, shield 9, lcp (I know it's non am comp), and the bodyguard. I am a member at MRA so in return for your kindness of letting me trial anyone of these guns I would like to offer my guns for you to shoot while I am shooting yours. I will not post them all here but PM me if you may be interested. Much appreciated. Thanks

Hey man o have a glock 19 hen 4 love it for my EDC

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hey man o have a glock 19 hen 4 love it for my EDC

I have one and have carried it plenty as well, great carry gun but I don't think it fits his desire for a "slim, single stack" 9mm [laugh]

I carry a sig 239 most days, it's single stack but not sure if I would classify it as slim either, certainly not light

The spring is an old model issue. the new ones are fine. The guns manufactured in the past few years (after 2010 or 2009 maybe?) have had that issue solved. You can tell the manufacture date by the serial numbers.

The mag release is not an issue, it is just a preference. I love it, and once you get used to it, it is very comfortable and it is one less thing that sticks out of the gun.

got it. You dont like the gun because you dont need it.

Dont go around saying this:

I dont believe the above classifies as "too much shit" specially when the spring issue is not an issue anymore.

Look around the Walther forums, the PPS has its fair share of issues. I don't need to own one to know they are hit or miss. You must be someone who buys a piece of shit, realizes you made a mistake, and then tries dumping it in the classifieds [laugh]

Just carry a deasert eagle lol

Eagles for dessert? You hate America bud?

I have one and have carried it plenty as well, great carry gun but I don't think it fits his desire for a "slim, single stack" 9mm [laugh]

I carry a sig 239 most days, it's single stack but not sure if I would classify it as slim either, certainly not light

I carry the 19 sometimes and it's not bad at all. It carries great for a compact 15+1. The 17 prints like a SOB.

Look around the Walther forums, the PPS has its fair share of issues. I don't need to own one to know they are hit or miss. You must be someone who buys a piece of shit, realizes you made a mistake, and then tries dumping it in the classifieds [laugh]

Eagles for dessert? You hate America bud?

I carry the 19 sometimes and it's not bad at all. It carries great for a compact 15+1. The 17 prints like a SOB.

which is why I carry the 19 too, for a 15+1 it is very comfortable to carry, more comfortable than my 7+1 sig

Look around the Walther forums, the PPS has its fair share of issues. I don't need to own one to know they are hit or miss. You must be someone who buys a piece of shit, realizes you made a mistake, and then tries dumping it in the classifieds
This comes from someone that doesnt own one. I sold one gun in NES and bought 2. So no, I dont buy a POS and dump it on someone else. I dont want to sell my PPS to the OP, I CC the PPS and I am not planning on selling it any time soon.

I love people that hear things from a friend of a friend, and then go around spreading the sh@t.

Yesterday I asked you what kind of issues the gun had, and you couldnt name any valid issues. Today you post again that it has issues.

can you list all these resent issues the gun has had (within the last year or two, that havent been fixed)?

Last edited:
This comes from someone that doesnt own one. I sold one gun in NES and bought 2. So no, I dont buy a POS and dump it on someone else. I dont want to sell my PPS to the OP, I CC the PPS and I am not planning on selling it any time soon.

I love people that hear things from a friend of a friend, and then go around spreading the sh@t.

Yesterday I asked you what kind of issues the gun had, and you couldnt name any valid issues. Today you post again that it has issues.

can you list all these resent issues the gun has had (within the last year or two, that havent been fixed)?

PICNIC

is the acronym that tech support guyz use?

"Problem In Chair Not In Computer"

( Just kidding, ColdDay :) )

Look around the Walther forums, the PPS has its fair share of issues. I don't need to own one to know they are hit or miss. You must be someone who buys a piece of shit, realizes you made a mistake, and then tries dumping it in the classifieds

I think on the whole the PPS is good, frankly. I haven't heard anyone bitch about theirs outside of the fact that its a pain in the ass to take it apart and reassemble it.

-Mike

I have a glock 22 (yeah yeah its a .40 get over it lol) and I love it but i cant carry it without wearing a huge coat over it. I have a fairly slim frame and wear slimmer clothes (not nut tight skinny jeans) but straight cut / slim straight and dont want to buy all new clothes so I can carry. Had a great time shooting with MSant today at the MRA where he let me shoot his LC9 with a spring kit installed among other upgrades. Loved the LC9, very accurate. Is the trigger pull long? yup. Is it smooth with a clean break? yup. I honestly didnt think it was any worse than my stock glock trigger before I bought a ghost trigger bar. The LC9 didnt even stack as badly as the glock did. Thanks again MSant. Will be shooting the Shield and Bodyguard on Friday. Cant wait

Back
Top Bottom