• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Call Gov Baker now -617-725-4005 - AG Healey re writing definition of AWB

Called and "tried" to educate the aide that the documents really does say that we are felons. She (and the Gov) claim that what we purchased before is legal, so I told her to have them read what the AG put out there very carefully as they are wrong.

Bottom line is I'm just another tic mark in the against column, which really is meaningless.

I called today as well and got an aide who basically just answers the phone because he has to. I think I could hear my words echo in the background as they went in one ear and out the other in a call center somewhere.

Charlie Baker needs to be recalled he is as much of threat to our rights as Maura Healy.

I called and asked about what Gov Baker was doing for second amendment rights and the AG's decision and was told nothing at this time.

Just called. To say that the girl who answered could audibly not give a flying fig would be generous. She sounded more annoyed than anything.

Trying to remain slightly optimistic, this clears up Baker's stand a bit.

http://nepr.net/news/2016/07/21/baker-says-ag-within-her-rights-to-crack-down-on-copycat-weapons/

If people are, in fact, selling weapons that violate the Massachusetts assault weapon ban, then that should be dealt with, and people should do something about it. ” Baker tells WGBH Radio. “I think the big issue, especially in the short term, is going to be the confusion around which weapons this applies to and which weapons it doesn’t apply to.

So Baker needs to be educated on what features do or do not make a gun into an "assault weapon".

although im losing my voice... i spoke as loud as i could and kindly let the gentleman know Baker was Garbage and he has lost my vote. Of course the guy could have cared less but i said my peace.

although im losing my voice... i spoke as loud as i could and kindly let the gentleman know Baker was Garbage and he has lost my vote. Of course the guy could have cared less but i said my peace.

The young guy I spoke with sounded defeated - I can't wait to call back tomorrow

Called. Left a message and asked for a call back to explain his position. Also emphasized that I voted for him, supported him in his campaign and convinced my super liberal parents to do the same.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yes, still "no position."
I am actually feeling despondent. No joke, I think I am going through the stages of grief. Were I a wealthier man, I would be making plans to move my family. Ugh.

F**k that. For better or worse, Massachusetts is my home. I'm embarrassed for having written that. See you all on Saturday.

Done. They still seemed overwhelmed. I think we call at least once every day for as long as it takes. the guy I talked to was nice, but he probably did not care...

Done. They still seemed overwhelmed. I think we call at least once every day for as long as it takes. the guy I talked to was nice, but he probably did not care...

I've called at least 8 times each day.. Lets flood them! Baker's response today was a direct result of our pressure on him to respond.. Let's keep it going

Called. Explained how the AG overreached and how her edict flies in the face of SCOTUS's Heller Decision. Reminded aide that I worked the phones for him last election and that half a million gun owners/voters could use some help from his office. He will be remembered at election time by us.

Got a "thank you."

I called to ask where it is written or a link to where it is stated that backs up Bakers statement that Healy has the authority to re-interpret the AWB. The aid said he is taking her word as there is nothing written but I could certainly google it, I said I already did, then she went on to tell me about the AG hotline I can call then rudely hung up on me after saying have a great day.

So there you have it, he has nothing to back up what he said about her having that authority! WTF
more government over stepping their bounds.

Back
Top Bottom