Call Gov Baker now -617-725-4005 - AG Healey re writing definition of AWB

Done.

Just called again. Said that I was disappointed to see in the Globe this morning that the governor agrees with the Attorney General's actions on firearms. I supported the Governor in the last election but he will no longer have my support if this is his position.

Last edited:
Done.

Just called again. Said that I was disappointed to see in the Globe this morning that the governor agrees with the Attorney General's actions on firearms. I supported the Governor in the last election but he will no longer have my support if this is his position.

Link please to any article wrt Baker agreeing on this? I just looked at the BostonGlobe.com and Boston.com and can't find anything from Baker today or yesterday on this subject.

Reading what he allegedly had to say will help wrt calling his office.

Thanks.

Open in incognito window.

Governor Charlie Baker, a Republican, indicated his support for Healey’s ban.
“Governor Baker supports the Commonwealth’s assault weapons ban, believes our comprehensive state gun laws work well in protecting the people of Massachusetts, and believes that the attorney general has the authority to enforce the law to crack down on the sale of guns that skirt the assault weapons ban,” said Billy Pitman, the governor’s press secretary.

Done, spoke to an aid. They DO have a statement. The aid started to read it and it started with Gov Baker supports the AG with her ban..

me : stop right there. Please let Gov Baker know I would rather vote for Healy than I would Baker as at least I know where she stands.

him: really

Me: absolutely

him: alright I will pass this along.

no wait time....we are slaking.

I called and emailed.

Just received this informative response from Constituent Services Aid for the man I voted for. And because I emailed him yesterday and again today, I got the exact same email one minute later.

[FONT=&amp]Dear Mark,[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]On behalf of Governor Charlie Baker, thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the ban assault weapons ban. We understand your concern about this issue, and we are grateful to have your voice as part of the discussion.
Please feel free to contact our office in the future with any further questions or concerns; your comments are always welcome in this administration.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp] Sincerely,

Constituent Services Aide
Office of Governor Charlie Baker
(617) 725-4005
[/FONT]

I called and emailed.

Just received this informative response from Constituent Services Aid for the man I voted for. And because I emailed him yesterday and again today, I got the exact same email one minute later.

[FONT=&amp]Dear Mark,[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]On behalf of Governor Charlie Baker, thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the ban assault weapons ban. We understand your concern about this issue, and we are grateful to have your voice as part of the discussion.
Please feel free to contact our office in the future with any further questions or concerns; your comments are always welcome in this administration.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp] Sincerely,

Constituent Services Aide
Office of Governor Charlie Baker
(617) 725-4005
[/FONT]

Apparently,
we are just subjects

Keep it going - I called this morning and they are picking up calls now. They are getting flooded according to who I spoke to.

This cannot stand....

I Emailed off the Gov website:

Dear Gov. Baker,

As a gun owner, former police officer, firearms instructor and law abiding citizen (until yesterday when the AG declared me a felon), this re-write of MGL (and what was Fed Law 1994-2004 and clarified by BATFE many times) is illegal, unjust (she says she won't prosecute me AT THIS TIME for what I've owned for years now). I am very unhappy to read that you support her in this action and wish that you'd give it some more serious thought. I don't believe that you have the power to over-rule her, but steps somewhere should be taken so that guns we bought legally from 1994 to yesterday are still legal to own/buy/sell. There is no loophole and this is not going to prevent the massacres that we've been seeing. We need better intel on potential terrorists and we need stiffer jail terms for criminals and nothing else is really going to work (we've seen trucks are sadly very effective, box cutters, etc. we can't ban everything).

Thank you.

Respectfully,
Lens

Plan on calling after his stint on WGBH (after 1PM). Will also talk with my State Rep (call him at home over the next 2 days) plus Email a powerful State Senator that I have some contact with.

called ,the aid said the governor has not taken a stance, A LIE, he said on wgbh that he supports the A.G.O. just minutes ago.

said he will tally my opposition to being a felon for owning a semi auto rifle Ive owned for 20 years and is legal in all other 49 states.

Yes, still "no position."
I am actually feeling despondent. No joke, I think I am going through the stages of grief. Were I a wealthier man, I would be making plans to move my family. Ugh.

Called Baker, got a GOAL membership (I had donated the cost of a 3y membership before but for some reason didn't join - thats bad), donated to my local pol who believes in the constitution, agreed to put a sign in my yard for him.

I am looking around now for information about the rally today. I have another commitment but I may skip it or leave early. I am just wondering if it's going to be legitimate.

Called, emailed State Rep and emailed Bakers office the following. (I cribbed some of it from Len. Maybe Chris Matthews will cry about it.)

Dear Governor Baker:

I am very unhappy with your response to the actions that Attorney General Healey took yesterday, July 20th, and I hope that you will give it more thought. You said on WGBH radio today that you thought that if a person had purchased one of these rifles in good faith before the 20th that it was legal. Unfortunately that is not what the law (or AG Healey, herself) actually says. According to both, if you purchased one of these rifles before the 20th you are now in possession of a banned "Assault Weapon", which is illegal. The fact that the Attorney General says that she will not prosecute the rifle owners "at this time" is irrelevant.

Without written changes to the existing law (which requires the State Legislature to act, not the Attorney General) there can be no "clarification". In fact, when this law was a Federal law (1994-2004) it was "clarified" by the ATF numerous times, and not once was it ever found to mean what AG Healey now claims that it does. In the years from 2004 to yesterday not one of our States Attorneys General or State Legislators ever found it to mean what Healey now claims that it does.

As I said earlier, I hope that you will give this more thought and reconsider your stance. I believe these actions to be illegal, unconstitutional, a gross overreach of her authority, and I will not be able to support you in a re-election bid if you support those actions.

Sincerely,

TinRobotBoy

Called, emailed State Rep and emailed Bakers office the following. (I cribbed some of it from Len. Maybe Chris Matthews will cry about it.)

Dear Governor Baker:

I am very unhappy with your response to the actions that Attorney General Healey took yesterday, July 20th, and I hope that you will give it more thought. You said on WGBH radio today that you thought that if a person had purchased one of these rifles in good faith before the 20th that it was legal. Unfortunately that is not what the law (or AG Healey, herself) actually says. According to both, if you purchased one of these rifles before the 20th you are now in possession of a banned "Assault Weapon", which is illegal. The fact that the Attorney General says that she will not prosecute the rifle owners "at this time" is irrelevant.

Without written changes to the existing law (which requires the State Legislature to act, not the Attorney General) there can be no "clarification". In fact, when this law was a Federal law (1994-2004) it was "clarified" by the ATF numerous times, and not once was it ever found to mean what AG Healey now claims that it does. In the years from 2004 to yesterday not one of our States Attorneys General or State Legislators ever found it to mean what Healey now claims that it does.

As I said earlier, I hope that you will give this more thought and reconsider your stance. I believe these actions to be illegal, unconstitutional, a gross overreach of her authority, and I will not be able to support you in a re-election bid if you support those actions.

Sincerely,

TinRobotBoy

I basically copy/pasted this and sent it in as I am tired, depressed, lazy, and not very cognitive at this time.
Thank you so much for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom