Call Gov Baker now -617-725-4005 - AG Healey re writing definition of AWB

Bump.

Just called. The aide was quite friendly.

Told them I appreciate that the Gov. sent the letter to the AG but that I want him to follow up and support us now that she has said in the media that she's going to ignore it. Told him I'm [a highly educated professional] and that what the AG has done is completely confusing. I'm just a regular voter and citizen and not part of "the gun lobby".

He told me he believes the governor wants to do more, but he doesn't know of any specifics at this time.

Bump.

Just called. The aide was quite friendly.

Told them I appreciate that the Gov. sent the letter to the AG but that I want him to follow up and support us now that she has said in the media that she's going to ignore it. Told him I'm [a highly educated professional] and that what the AG has done is completely confusing. I'm just a regular voter and citizen and not part of "the gun lobby".

He told me he believes the governor wants to do more, but he doesn't know of any specifics at this time.

Submitting a budget with the AGs office funding cut by 70% would be a great start.

Bump on this. Lets get him behind the house and senate bills. Remember he still has to sign the things.

Push the bipartisan support. Push any personal experience/knowledge (lawyers, cops, instructors, vets), push the confusion angle, push that youbare not a lobbyist.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Bump on this. Lets get him behind the house and senate bills. Remember he still has to sign the things.

Push the bipartisan support. Push any personal experience/knowledge (lawyers, cops, instructors, vets), push the confusion angle, push that youbare not a lobbyist.

Mike

Mike, do you have all the house and senate bill #s? I can't seem to find them easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HD4949 and SD2637. HD4949 is probably more viable. HD4949 essentially removes the "ambiguous" language from the current law, SD2637 strips the AG of some of her power to interpret a limited area of the law.

Mike

HD4949 and SD2637. HD4949 is probably more viable. HD4949 essentially removes the "ambiguous" language from the current law, SD2637 strips the AG of some of her power to interpret a limited area of the law.

Mike

Called, emailed and provided above all week to my rep., senator, & governor Urging them to address.
As others have stated also stressed how A.G. ignored legislative process and their respective offices should be worried about the next reinterpretation that will come

HD4948 looks to be the house version of SD2637. That bill seems to keep the AG out of firearms issues. We need that to pass. If we really already have half the senators on board then this is ours to lose. Call call call and make sure to show up tomorrow. They could put these bills through Sunday.

This is an incredible opportunity for us. We could turn this into a big win.

Talked to some guy in Baker's office, he really seemed pretty sick of it all. Told him we needed to see something done asap but kept my tone cordial (IMO!) I tried to tell me to call the AG's office, I related that the AG has given conflicting information depending on who you talk to and that they are doing their best to be unhelpful.

Talked to some guy in Baker's office, he really seemed pretty sick of it all. Told him we needed to see something done asap but kept my tone cordial (IMO!) I tried to tell me to call the AG's office, I related that the AG has given conflicting information depending on who you talk to and that they are doing their best to be unhelpful.

Called both, speakers office just giggled and sent me to a voicemail.

HD4948 looks to be the house version of SD2637. That bill seems to keep the AG out of firearms issues. We need that to pass. If we really already have half the senators on board then this is ours to lose. Call call call and make sure to show up tomorrow. They could put these bills through Sunday.

This is an incredible opportunity for us. We could turn this into a big win.

Has to get to the floor, which is why we need the speaker.

Both Rosenberg's and DeLeo's office sounded absolutely exhausted by phone calls. I asked the staffer in Rosenberg's office if I should explain HD.4949 or SD.2637 and she said "no thank you i've been hearing about it all day".

The governor's office sounds enthusiastically annoyed by our calls, which means keep calling. I do believe that our calm and collected demeanor goes a long way in terms of them listening. Whether it translates into action is another story, but the ears are listening if we are collected in our speech.

Last edited:
Called this morning:

In a world where:

"THE Conventions of a number of the States having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best insure the beneficent ends of its institution"

How come I woke up a felon 11 days ago and the governor has done nothing about it?

<Bumbling ensues which includes the governor has made no statement>

So, As I understand what you have said- the governor does not care about the the public trust in the government nor my rights?

<Bumbling intensifies>

In a world where you validate what you tolerate, please tell the governor that we are tired of waiting for him to speak, and as such can only assume that he also does not care about the rights and freedoms of his office.

LOL, I just called AG office again, the aides are definitely getting more ornery, the guy I was talking to just hung up on me. They keep telling me to ask a gun store. Does anyone actually know which semi's are still legal? I haven't gotten a straight answer.

The AG's office is now telling me to call the rifle manufacturer and ask them if their rifle is currently Mass compliant. This, after the AG has claimed the manufacturers had it wrong for two decades. When I mentioned that fact to the little turd on the end of the line, you should have heard the stuttering. Epic.

The AG's office is now telling me to call the rifle manufacturer and ask them if their rifle is currently Mass compliant. This, after the AG has claimed the manufacturers had it wrong for two decades. When I mentioned that fact to the little turd on the end of the line, you should have heard the stuttering. Epic.

I called the AG's office also (just for the LOLs) and got a similar response. I asked what I could do with a non-compliant rifle and he said I could bring it to the police or to a gun buyback program. I asked if he's ever heard of the takings clause in the 5th amendment. Answer: no.

I called the AG's office also (just for the LOLs) and got a similar response. I asked what I could do with a non-compliant rifle and he said I could bring it to the police or to a gun buyback program. I asked if he's ever heard of the takings clause in the 5th amendment. Answer: no.

Yeah, they mentioned that to me as well. I told the idiot that I had $4500 tied up in three rifles. I also mentioned that because the prior AG's have added their support to the current AG, that I now view the Commonwealth as being complicit in my spending years ago and that this might now constitute a 5A taking. Crickets.

Baker really has himself backed into a corner here.
She has already thrown it out there that he had prior knowledge of this.
There is no doubt that if it does pass and he doesn't sign it, he might as well start house shopping now.
If he does sign it , she's going to drop the bomb that he may have actually been one of the architects of her little coup.
I which case he might as well start house shopping anyway.

Poor Charlie, if you had just been a stand up guy from the get go , you wouldn't be eating tums like pez right now.

Tomorrows phone call: Just got off the phone with my lgs and a gun manufacturer, they both said the am15 is not the same as an ar15 @and I'm good to go for sale. Clarification?

Back
Top Bottom