Cabela's

Stopped by the Cablela's in E. Hartford, Ct.

30 Rnd AR-15 PMAGS everywhere along with other brands.
Lots of Herters 9mm Brass case $15 per 50 round box
7.62 x 54
.22 LR and LR HP $9.00 per 100 (limit 1 box)

Limit of 5 total boxes per customer

How much were the PMAGs and 223? Was the limit of 5 boxes per caliber or just as it reads, total @ checkout? (Just pick a different cashier?)

I'm sorry, I really didn't pick up the price of the mags exactly, but I want to say 14 to 16 dollars? I paid little attention because I can't buy them and bring them to Mass.

The ammo was 5 box total, not per caliber.

Maybe they'll still have some when my order gets in [banana]

Maybe my 308 that I ordered will ship soon, the last backorder date I had was the 25th - maybe.

I will pick up my limit of ammo (if still there) and sell AT COST, no gouging - through the classifieds.

I need to drive by there again tomorrow. If anybody wants me to pick up anything and you are willing to come to me to retrieve I can pick some up. First one to PM me gets in. Price will be actual cost

i was there sunday, are you POSITIVE they were pmags?

they had a massive crate full of el cheapo garbage plastic mags. either way im not waiting for a reply im heading up now

Just got back

No PMAGS

No 22

Lots of herders 223
M80 ball

Some 9mm left get there now for it

5 box limit per customer

Alright I have a question that I respectfully need some clarification on. Are MA residents able to purchase ammo and mags in person at the store? Also has anyone purchased ammo or mags online and had it shipped to the store for customer pickup.

YES to both.

I have purchased 10rd mags for my G26 and 300 Weatherby Ammo both in person and drop shipped, never an issue. For drop ship they look at your Drivers License to ensure it is you - as it's already paid. At the register when buying from stock cash/check/credit is all they care.

You cannot have ammo shipped to Mass, mags I've never tried, but I imagine 10rds would be okay.

Just got back

No PMAGS

No 22

Lots of herders 223
M80 ball

Some 9mm left get there now for it

5 box limit per customer

My mistake on the mags man, just took a quick peek and sorry if you made the trip for nothing I'll hang my head in shame. They had TONS of 9mm and 22 when I was there at 1:00.

Last edited:
Roger, thnk you. I'll give it a shot.

YES to both.

I have purchased 10rd mags for my G26 and 300 Weatherby Ammo both in person and drop shipped, never an issue. For drop ship they look at your Drivers License to ensure it is you - as it's already paid. At the register when buying from stock cash/check/credit is all they care.

You cannot have ammo shipped to Mass, mags I've never tried, but I imagine 10rds would be okay.

Alright I have a question that I respectfully need some clarification on. Are MA residents able to purchase ammo and mags in person at the store? Also has anyone purchased ammo or mags online and had it shipped to the store for customer pickup.

Yes, you can order ammo on-line and pick it up at the store.

I live close to Cabelas and am usually there once a week. The mags in question are $25 plastic jobs frkm some no name mfg. They move them around the store but have a million of them. Also in lesser supply are the metal 30 rounders by Blackhawk and another mfg both go for $30. As for ammo you are better off going to Hoffmans on the Berlin Turnpike. Its about a 10 - 15 minute drive from Cabelas. Better prices/ selection but good luck finding a parki.g space.

In Hartford they still have a ton of 223 in Steelcase only,for seven bucks a box.

Sales guy was joking that it will be Christmas before we saw 22 LR!

My mistake on the mags man, just took a quick peek and sorry if you made the trip for nothing I'll hang my head in shame. They had TONS of 9mm and 22 when I was there at 1:00.

dude no worries i got 250rnds of 9mm i was pumped. I knew they had no pmags

Figures, I went down on Monday, they had nothing. I even asked when a good day to stop in would be, they said the weekend... Then they get ammo on Tuesday lol.

You can buy ammo and mags in person. I bought some 20 round P Mags and made them Mass legal in the parking lot. All it takes is a cordless drill, pre-cut piece of plastic as a restricter and a rivet tool. Took me about 10 minutes and can be converted back to full capacity if needed with just a cordless drill and bit.

I am tracking Stump. Thank you.

You can buy ammo and mags in person. I bought some 20 round P Mags and made them Mass legal in the parking lot. All it takes is a cordless drill, pre-cut piece of plastic as a restricter and a rivet tool. Took me about 10 minutes and can be converted back to full capacity if needed with just a cordless drill and bit.

I was at Cabelas in Maine on Saturday...Isles and Isles of NOTHING! No ammo at all, no reloading components, no nothing....figured i could save someone a trip. On the flip side Kittery did have CCI small pistol primers...But that's about it

Last edited:
Cabela's needs to get their shit together.
Their stock is awful and they sell a lot of junk.

smitty

Went to their Scarborough, ME, location once and that was enough. I saw a staggering amount of firearms above MSRP and couple pre-owned guns for sale that were more expensive than when I bought the same brand new.

If this passes Stag and Colt will have to leave as it likely will specifically ban many of the firearms they make.

They're adding 100 to the list and going to one evil feature. It's also possible a picatinny rail will be considered an evil feature.

That pretty much decimates their rifle production.

Back
Top Bottom