• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts family suing Cabela's over ammunition sale in son's death

You’re just mad cuz they make you do the perp walk to the front of the store every time you buy a gun 😂
The way I see it, if I have to go to Cabelas it is because the local store doesn't sell it. Chances are Cabelas won't have it in stock and because I don't give a sh*t about Cableas I will order it online and save the time.

If it was an accident, it wins a Darwin Award. Or maybe the kid was teachable but had never heard of a hang fire, something like that. Best I can do.

"How many times does it have to happen before corporate Cabela's wakes up and says, we're not doing enough?" Hoeys said."

I'm gonna say at least once, because nobody thought someone was stupid enough to unintentionally shoot themselves in the head.

But then in walks a young Mr. Fillios and suddenly here we are.....

If it was an accident, it wins a Darwin Award. Or maybe the kid was teachable but had never heard of a hang fire, something like that. Best I can do.
all that and Don't ever, ever, ever put any firearm under your chin, and this is the most important part, don't pull the trigger. Unless you want to be dead.

there's a reason why every item in that department rings up with a flag at the register to check for ID. I've even been asked ID for reloading manuals, just because the system is set up that way and the cashier doesn't know any better.
Same. I was "carded" one time when I was only purchasing a couple of MTM ammo boxes. I pointed out they were only plastic boxes. In fairness, the cashier did quickly glance at the rest of the merchandise and didn't press me for the LTC.

So, what do people do with the money if it is settled?

Not trying to be an a**, but being curious. Your son is dead, you got the money, are you going to blow it having fun and building a house? ... it seems kinda messed up.

So, what do people do with the money if it is settled?

Not trying to be an a**, but being curious. Your son is dead, you got the money, are you going to blow it having fun and building a house? ... it seems kinda messed up.
If they wanted to actually do his memory justice?
Donate the money to Eddie Eagle and youth marksmanship programs.

He’s an adult. He pointed a loaded gun at his head and pulled the trigger. What happened next was predictable.

I would, ya. But I’m shallow and materialistic. I’d be happier After my sons death living in a multimillion dollar lake house than living in the shit box I live in now. Probably get a hotter wife too.

Last edited:
There folks that hunt with primitive firearms and they never updated their FID cards. You can make bullets from molds and lead. You can make powder easily (not going to quote the recipe). So I guess caps are the only thing you need. Wait a flintlock and you don't need caps....

I too find it hard to believe the kid didn't get carded as the cashier is told to by the register. If he had an FID they would have sold powder and caps for sure, but not without. I have also bought some empty MTM cartridge boxes for reloading...left wallet in the car and they wanted to see my LTC. My wife said I'll show you mine and the cashier said no you're not buying them. Left them on the counter.....ordered from Midway when I got home.

30k a year in MA and you have what you need? Not sure how you did that but respect!
If you're living in moms basement maybe.
After taxes 30k is under 2k/ month. Barely enough for cheap rent and basic utilities forget about food or transportation.

I have my grandfathers house so there's no mortgage. My electric bill is in the 70s each month, fuel oil is a big hit when the tank is almost empty. I have plenty of deer meat in two freezers, have PB sandwiches for lunch and usually microwave dinners. If I want something, I'll save for it. I lead a very simple life and don't go out very often. I have my two cats so I guess that makes me the crazy cat guy that lives down the road. LOL
And no, I'm not at 30k a year but more like 35k a year. Still wayyyy below the average of 80k.

Back
Top Bottom