Bass Pro/Cabela's

RDG

So we all know BPS/Cabela's sucks... Cabela's used to be okay but since the merger they suck even more.

They've never shipped ammo to the house but in the past I've been able to buy online and have the ammo shipped to my local Cabela's for pickup.

But in the past few months, they have stopped all online ammo shipments to both MA and CT... even to the store for pickup.
Their sales reps are blaming state laws, but I don't think anything changed in either state.

Anyone know the real reason or experience the same thing?

If you haven’t already, develop a relationship with your local FFL(s). It will pay off in the long run!

Large corporation doesn’t want to take risks in state with confusing as hell laws regarding firearms and ammo sales.

Is anyone really surprised? Look at the list of vendors who wont sell so much as a hat to MA residents.

So we all know BPS/Cabela's sucks... Cabela's used to be okay but since the merger they suck even more.

They've never shipped ammo to the house but in the past I've been able to buy online and have the ammo shipped to my local Cabela's for pickup.

But in the past few months, they have stopped all online ammo shipments to both MA and CT... even to the store for pickup.
Their sales reps are blaming state laws, but I don't think anything changed in either state.

Anyone know the real reason or experience the same thing?
Same same here in ILL-annoy .. no shipments to store.

Well....I got an e mail from Cabelas last week Exclusive for Club card holders. 9MM ammo. I went to the page and you can order Winchester 100 rd box for $39.99 and Herter's 50 rd box for $16.99. and have it shipped to the store. As of today, they are shipping it. Says it takes 7 -10 days. I tried to order other ammo and it would not let me. It is only 9mm. They have charged my card account so I'm waiting to see if this follows through. It will be the end of the week before I know.

wow.. another BPS/Cabela's sucks thread... say it ain't so?

I tried to order a Ruger Wrangler and ship to store.. nope.. even though it's MA compliant... and I'm a damn employee..

all I can say is complain, complain, complain.
Come buy one in NH.... they’re pretty fun

which is why, although I will grouse about TSA with the rest of you guys, I will always be a prime member and buy by the case

Large corporation doesn’t want to take risks in state with confusing as hell laws regarding firearms and ammo sales.

Is anyone really surprised? Look at the list of vendors who wont sell so much as a hat to MA residents.

If you haven’t already, develop a relationship with your local FFL(s). It will pay off in the long run!

sadly, I think BPS is the best MA FFL in my immediate area. prices may not be the best but I like getting free stuff with points.... I've got Northeast Traders (no comment), Gartman (not bad for gun selection, but just about nothing for anything else).. Next closest might be Bellingham or Taunton. Not much I would call "local" within 5 miles of me..

a bit further away are a couple of shops in RI, Bullseye in Woonsocket, Competition Shooting Supply and Lost Treasures in Pawtucket..

sadly, I think BPS is the best MA FFL in my immediate area. prices may not be the best but I like getting free stuff with points.... I've got Northeast Traders (no comment), Gartman (not bad for gun selection, but just about nothing for anything else).. Next closest might be Bellingham or Taunton. Not much I would call "local" within 5 miles of me..

a bit further away are a couple of shops in RI, Bullseye in Woonsocket, Competition Shooting Supply and Lost Treasures in Pawtucket..
how is that Lost Treasures in Pawtucket? I drive by all the time but haven't ever stopped in.

Personally I have a relationship with 2 of 3 of my locals. The third is gouging its customers. I won't say anymore about him. The two that I do frequent, neither has much inventory of modern firearms. The next closest is R&R in Belchertown and I won't go there again. I was looking at fishing gear one day there and the owner who always sits at his computer all of a sudden was sitting in the fishing section watching me like I was a thief. F**k him and his shop.

Personally I have a relationship with 2 of 3 of my locals. The third is gouging its customers. I won't say anymore about him. The two that I do frequent, neither has much inventory of modern firearms. The next closest is R&R in Belchertown and I won't go there again. I was looking at fishing gear one day there and the owner who always sits at his computer all of a sudden was sitting in the fishing section watching me like I was a thief. F**k him and his shop.
So what did you steal?

Cabela's/BPS is following laws the sheeple of Ma. elected them to pass/enforce. They are a business, not politicians or lobbyists. I have a club card and bought ammo a few months ago when they had it in stock. 8 box limit with club card and once supply chain is back to normal can order a case and have it shipped to your local store. I will continue to buy fishing supplies, clothing rather than shop from "woke" companies. Ma. AG's have perfected their intimidation tactics over the years over guns and ammo and we all know they have no problem spending our tax dollars on harassing firearm and ammo companies.

how is that Lost Treasures in Pawtucket? I drive by all the time but haven't ever stopped in.

I haven't been in in a long time. Used to be more antiques than guns, then had a fire. Now more of a gun shop. I should swing by some Saturday

Nathan used to be my go-to FFL for transfers because I lived ten minutes from his shop. He eventually changed his store policy so that he would only allow completion of the 4473 + RI town form for once the gun arrived, so I switched shops. He's generally fairly good and he's very up front with things like his profit margin and what he knows about a gun.

Most of his inventory is C&R/antique guns. I helped him out on a couple where he didn't know certain things, like the cartridge on one. His modern gun inventory got cleared out hard in 2020 and probably this year as well.

He's probably the best shop for C&Rs and antiques in RI. He doesn't have much for ammo or handloading supplies. If you're looking for "commodity consumer" guns, I'd stick to a dealer in Mass because you'll be tacking on transfer fees to get the gun out of RI and into Mass. As a RI resident, I liked doing business with Nathan.

Back
Top Bottom