• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

cabela's 1917 enfields for sale price ??

The new guy sold me my enfield a few years back, efa10'd it as a no sn rifle, then got corrected by his manager and efa10d it with the origonal issue SN.

Now I got a spare gun in my name in the registry.
Dude, when the next AG (love child of John Merrick and Prince Charles) comes looking for ghost guns, your gonna be on her list. I think it's a her, but it's coming for you bro. [rofl]

OP, those are good prices for a 1917. If you are picky about triggers there's not much you can do about a 1917. If the trigger sucks on one, check the other.

Can believe the prices on these things....not too long ago, maybe 5 years...... Mosins were $100 a pop and 1917's were 250 bucks.... Now the things are going for double that. OOOF, would have been a good investment.

Oh.....Cabelas....better have the whole afternoon to deal with them bozo's buying a gun. The paperwork is retarded.

And if your a C&R FFL, I doubt they would even do a C&R transaction or know how to do one, either.

Can believe the prices on these things....not too long ago, maybe 5 years...... Mosins were $100 a pop and 1917's were 250 bucks.... Now the things are going for double that. OOOF, would have been a good investment.

Oh.....Cabelas....better have the whole afternoon to deal with them bozo's buying a gun. The paperwork is retarded.

And if your a C&R FFL, I doubt they would even do a C&R transaction or know how to do one, either.
I think you are recalling 10 to 15 years ago. Time flies, and 5 years ago decent 1917 prices were similar. Mosin pricing did get stupid during covid/BLM/antifa nonsense.

I think you are recalling 10 to 15 years ago. Time flies, and 5 years ago decent 1917 prices were similar. Mosin pricing did get stupid during covid/BLM/antifa nonsense.
This. When I was getting into shooting ~10 years ago, Mosins were starting to make the jump from <$100 to $200. I feel like I remember a group buy on here with a couple crates of them and thinking "I don't have the money, or a place to shoot it; maybe later." Now the spam cans are drying up, and the prices are looking more...speculative.

The only reason I bought a Mosin was that I couldn't pass up the price of $79.00. It's a good shooter with .315 cast bullets but lousy with .312. I'll try the .312 in the 303 and 7.7.

I STOLE my 1917 ~5 years ago for $500. Right place at the right time.

Prices back then were in the 7-800 range for your standard shooter/mixmaster.
Maybe 10 years....but I remember seeing plenty of them for $300 with Mosins next to them for 99 dollars.

Hell, I bought my Garand mixmaster for 750, and I know that was less than 10 years ago.....

Cabelas has no problem with FFL03s. Used mine several times with them both in person and long distance.

That was more like 10 years ago.

Want to see stupid COVID price increases.

Before COVID, a race ready pair of RUGER VAQUEROS all work done by one of the most expensive Cowboy action gunsmiths was around $699 for the gun and $200 or so for the work. So $1800 all in for 2 race ready guns with all the work any pro shooter would have.

Today, a pair of factory Ruger Vaqueros = $2K+ before any work.

Thank you Ruger for stopping production on all revolvers.

All Ruger revolvers have gone to sh*t on pricing.

Last edited:

Before COVID, a race ready pair of RUGER VAQUEROS all work done by one of the most expensive Cowboy action gunsmiths was around $699 for the gun and $200 or so for the work. So $1800 all in for 2 race ready guns with all the work any pro shooter would have.

Ya know, I was thinking about you the other day. Was at my LGS and he had some .357 vaqueros. I remember reading here that you were in the market for some, something like that. Anyways, I see them around not infrequently.

Ya know, I was thinking about you the other day. Was at my LGS and he had some .357 vaqueros. I remember reading here that you were in the market for some, something like that. Anyways, I see them around not infrequently.
Maybe they started production again.

I tried Googling it, hoping there would be some thread where someone spoke with someone at Ruger ... but nothing.

Damn, nice new avatar! [laugh]

Who likes horses and 40's? PM pics of your 40 barrel.

(No- don't do that!)

LOL, cop return Glock 22's are going to be cheaper than Hi Points after enough people are shamed by this.
21670.jpg
[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom