cabela's 1917 enfields for sale price ??

few endystones in excellent condition [don't know about the bores, one i checked looked decent] $500-$600 at cabelas in hudson. is that a good price considering springfields are going for up to $1500

Even if the bores are shot out (which I can almost guarantee they are), that’s still a great price range all things considered.

Ask the gun room associate to take it out of the stock and check the receivers for cracks around the barrel.

Buy it and get a replacement criterion from the CMP screwed on there and enjoy your new rifle!

Or just keep it as is and look at it if you want. OR shoot it as is…I had a Winchester with a sewer pipe barrel that shot pretty damn good! Around 2-3MOA at 100yds if I did my part.

Springfield never made 1917’s. It was Winchester, Eddystone, and Remington.

Post pics. PM me if you have any questions. I’ve owned 3 winchesters, but am down to my 1 ‘correct’ piece now. I still love to shoot it though.

Last edited:
few endystones in excellent condition [don't know about the bores, one i checked looked decent] $500-$600 at cabelas in hudson. is that a good price considering springfields are going for up to $1500

Not an awful price range. I'd expect them to have some problems for that price, say a stock sanding/refinishing, mismatched parts, something along those lines. A really nice unmolested 1917 is probably, oh, closer to $900? Add another couple hundo for a Patt 14?

Post pics, by all means. If if's sporterized, it's still probably worth $500 or so.

Even if the bores are shot out (which I can almost guarantee they are), that’s still a great price range all things considered.

Ask the gun room associate to take it out of the stock and check the receivers for cracks around the barrel.

Buy it and get a replacement criterion from the CMP screwed on there and enjoy your new rifle!

Or just keep it as is and look at it if you want. OR shoot it as is…I had a Winchester with a sewer pipe barrel that shot pretty damn good! Around 2-3MOA at 100yds if I did my part.

Springfield never made 1917’s. It was Winchester, Eddystone, and Remington.

Post pics. PM me if you have any questions. I’ve owned 3 winchesters, but am down to my 1 ‘correct’ piece now. I still love to shoot it though.
I've been surprised before with sewer pipe bores on milsurps. Have a polish m44 carbine that has a pitted bore that shoots very well. If the price is right I'd never let a sewer pipe bore keep me from buying.

Those fags at Cabelas won't even let you pull the trigger on a gun.
Don’t give them the option to tell you no :)

I’ve handled and disassembled plenty of them at the Hudson store. The kid that worked the gun room liked me because he was going to join the military and I’d go in to shoot the shit with him once every couple of weeks.

You’re in sales…I bet you could ‘sell them’ to let you do whatever you want too…you just gotta be friendly and smile a lot.

Don’t give them the option to tell you no :)

I’ve handled and disassembled plenty of them at the Hudson store. The kid that worked the gun room liked me because he was going to join the military and I’d go in to shoot the shit with him once every couple of weeks.

You’re in sales…I bet you could ‘sell them’ to let you do whatever you want too…you just gotta be friendly and smile a lot.
Last time I convinced them of letting me pull the trigger on a gun, they took me to an office, removed the trigger lock from the revolver, put the muzzle in some sort of safety box and let me pull the trigger there.

I was about to ask him if he wanted me to run to CVS and get him some depends for all the pant sh*tting that must go on on that store.

F*ck that place.

$500-$600 is a very good price. Not bad even with a bad barrel, which is common as many were used for ceremonial purposes by VFWs and not properly cleaned. Figure a new barrel is $200+$100 for installation. Nice, matching examples can easily go for north of $1200 these days. I’ve got three and would be interested for more at $600. They are really fun guns, probably my favorite to shoot.

Last time I convinced them of letting me pull the trigger on a gun, they took me to an office, removed the trigger lock from the revolver, put the muzzle in some sort of safety box and let me pull the trigger there.

I was about to ask him if he wanted me to run to CVS and get him some depends for all the pant sh*tting that must go on on that store.

F*ck that place.
The new guy sold me my enfield a few years back, efa10'd it as a no sn rifle, then got corrected by his manager and efa10d it with the origonal issue SN.

Now I got a spare gun in my name in the registry.

The new guy sold me my enfield a few years back, efa10'd it as a no sn rifle, then got corrected by his manager and efa10d it with the origonal issue SN.

Now I got a spare gun in my name in the registry.
Dude, WHAT? [rofl] [rofl]

Dude, WHAT? [rofl] [rofl]
I’m wondering which one shoots better?

So you’re telling us that you ACTUALLY own a ‘ghost gun’?

I’ll tell you what, when you’re ready to get rid of it, let me know and I’ll give you my MA LTC pin and you can transfer it to me. My pin is still valid somehow and I don’t think they’ll be knocking on my door here in Kentucky. If they do, they better wear dancing shoes 🤪

I’ll tell you what, when you’re ready to get rid of it, let me know and I’ll give you my MA LTC pin and you can transfer it to me. My pin is still valid somehow and I don’t think they’ll be knocking on my door here in Kentucky. If they do, they better wear dancing shoes 🤪
Technically, since it doesn't have a SN, he could transfer it to you, you transfer it to me, I transfer it to @drgrant, he transfers it to someone else ...

It is not like anyone will ever commit a crime with it.

Would be pretty funny if there is a gun that went through like 5K owners.

Technically, since it doesn't have a SN, he could transfer it to you, you transfer it to me, I transfer it to @drgrant, he transfers it to someone else ...

We have a new pedestal sink for NES!

1659757418169.jpeg

@Drix open up a WTS ad and bump it every week for the next 5 years…you can still transfer it to me if you want though, seriously. It wouldn’t be any sweat off my ass since I don’t even like coming back to visit my family apparently.

I guess I never really thought of it as a real ghost gun, but yeah, yeah I do. [rofl]

I found the error when I pulled a report of my firearms a while back and had to really think about "wtf is that", but when I saw the Enfield it clicked- the mother f***er efa10'd me 2x for the same gun.

I find the thought of transferring it around highly entertaining. I may come back to this and put it up for sale for something ridiculous in the future. I'm not sure what "ridiculous" is, I'm going to sit on it for a while, but I was thinking maybe I could make a special NES club with t-shirts or bumper stickers or something.

I bought one. It’s 98% blue original finish (not parkerized), the guts are filled with cosmoline. Eddystone receiver. 7/18 barrel. Mix of Eddystone and Remington internal parts. I have it apart and it was gummed up like most 75+ year old rearsenaled milsurps. Only problem is a rough black bore but does have strong rifling. Wood is nice, has some cartouches but I’m not up on 1917 markings. It will bake in the sun tomorrow to ooze out the cosmo. Clerk said it came from a police evidence room. The other one they had there was similar to this one, the other cheaper one, a Remington, had mismatched wood.
182597E7-1A04-4417-BEF3-3F75AB9002AB.jpeg

Last edited:

541dac50-0175-4211-b094-c0dde021b568-gif.645836

Went by this morning to take a look but the room is locked. You need to get assistance to go in there. If they want them that bad, they can keep them.

I bought one. It’s 98% blue original finish (not parkerized), the guts are filled with cosmoline. Eddystone receiver. 7/18 barrel. Mix of Eddystone and Remington internal parts. I have it apart and it was gummed up like most 75+ year old rearsenaled milsurps. Only problem is a rough black bore but does have strong rifling. Wood is nice, has some cartouches but I’m not up on 1917 markings. It will bake in the sun tomorrow to ooze out the cosmo. Clerk said it came from a police evidence room. The other one they had there was similar to this one, the other cheaper one, a Remington, had mismatched wood.
View attachment 646674

Sounds like a steal!

View attachment 646674

Looks nice! What color is the ladder sight? White or blued?

Remember when you go to shoot it to flip the ladder up and use the peep sight or you'll be WAY high at anything under 300yds

Looks nice! What color is the ladder sight? White or blued?

Remember when you go to shoot it to flip the ladder up and use the peep sight or you'll be WAY high at anything under 300yds

Ladder is blued. Thanks, I will use the peep!

Went by this morning to take a look but the room is locked. You need to get assistance to go in there. If they want them that bad, they can keep them.
That is what you get for driving to Cabelas for a gun.

Sorry, but I stopped feeling bad for anyone getting sh*t customer service there, specially people that have been around for a while and I know they know better.

Back
Top Bottom