• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bringing a knife to a gunfight

Former Marine fends off robbers in Atlanta, kills one

A group of robbers in Atlanta picked the wrong victim.
Police say former Marine Thomas Autry fought off four attackers last night with a pocket knife. They say he killed one and seriously wounded another.

Detective Danny Stephens says Autry was walking home from his waiter job when attackers armed with a shotgun and a pistol chased him. The detective says Autry pulled the knife out of his backpack when the group caught him.

Stephens says the 36-year-old's "training kicked in and he knew what to do." He kicked the shotgun out of one attacker's hands and stabbed a 17-year-old girl who jumped on him, as well as a man who also attacked.

The suspects fled, but police say they found them at a hospital, where the girl was pronounced dead.

Stephens says they face robbery and aggravated assault charges and are suspected in other robberies over the past week. Autry will not be charged.

Here you'd be sued by the family of the slain robber, hauled into court by the remaining robbers, be convicted of murder in the 1st (after all you WERE carrying a pocket knife, obviously you left the house planning to kill someone), and stoned to death on the front steps of the State House. At least in the "free states" the good guy does the right thing, and is not legally anihilated for it.

As I've said before: New Hampshire here I come!

SiameseRat said:
I don't get why they jumped a waiter... Maybe they didn't like the service? Would like more details.

Criminals don't need a reason to do anything. They saw the chance to get some quick cash and they acted on it. They figured having numbers would give them the advantage.

Last edited:
derek said:
Criminals don't need a reason to do anything. They saw the chance to get some quick cash and they acted on it. They figured having numbers would give them the advantage.

Quality is almost always better than quantity!

Back
Top Bottom