BREAKING: DoJ Rules That Bump Fire Stocks Are Now Machine Guns, court says hold it update post 301

GOA has been as useless as the NRA. You are better donating to the SAF which has a pretty decent record of winning in court.
They've all been pathetic when it comes to getting 2A laws passed. The results of court rulings are up to judges in filthy robes, but out of the three the NRA has done far more harm than GOA and SAF combined.

I have my GOA membership renewal sitting somewhere nearby and when I look at the $20 fee, I ask myself, "Why, they don't do anything."

That’s not how comprise works when it comes to gun laws. We never “get” anything. They just take away one less thing ...until the next “compromise.”

Bob
I know, at least on the national level. At the state level we've had a lot of states go to constitutional carry, legalize suppressors for hunting, etc. but have also seen a fair number of red flag laws and bump stock bans.

Yep, he's doa 2020.

The only problem is that the democrats are going to nominate someone who openly brags about going house to house for confiscation and we vote for Trump out of desperation. Sometimes I actually wonder if this entire circus is some kind of sick spectacle where a bunch of rich guys at the yacht club are wagering on whose puppet can dance better on a string. You know Trading Places style...

Or maybe vote Libertarian
Problem is Libertarian candidates lately have been DNC funded spoilers. And given the choice of a GOPe Torry vs. a DNC Chavista, do you want to be a UK slowly falling apart or go the full Venezuela?

So, if a bumpstock makes my AR a machinegun, and an auto-sear and some slight modifications makes my AR a machinegun, why wouldn't I want the latter over the former... all things being equal, of course.

The stock does not MAKE your AR a machinegun, the stock IS a machinegun. A friggin piece of plastic is now considered a machinegun even though it has no ability to accept ammunition nor the ability to fire it unless attached to an actual gun.

So you think with Hilary as President bump stocks would be given a tax deduction?

There's a difference between a leak and a dam bursting.

Whether it hits one or both, a kick in the nads is still a kick in the nads. The needle is pointing in the wrong direction- that's not a respite.

The stock does not MAKE your AR a machinegun, the stock IS a machinegun. A friggin piece of plastic is now considered a machinegun even though it has no ability to accept ammunition nor the ability to fire it unless attached to an actual gun.

Not anymore.

That’s why the ATFE changed how they would review accessories. They now have to be submitted attached to the firearm.

Effective Immediately: Discontinuance of Accessory Classifications

Bob

It's a little (very little) comforting to know that at least FPC has been anticipating this rule change and has been preparing for the legal battle for the past year. I think the best way to fight this in the court of public opinion is to continue to try to make average people understand the implications of the government just stepping in and taking your stuff (including harmless pieces of plastic) w/o compensation.

Average people don't give a shit about things like rights, or laws, or precedent. They just want results, and they don't care one bit about how they're achieved. Mix in the fact that half the country is completely brainwashed and treating politics (and political topics) like a life or death team sport and you realize how well and truly F'ed we are.

Average people don't give a shit about things like rights, or laws, or precedent. They just want results, and they don't care one bit about how they're achieved. Mix in the fact that half the country is completely brainwashed and treating politics (and political topics) like a life or death team sport and you realize how well and truly F'ed we are.

This. History shows every body of people ever organized under a government will take until people start dying in large numbers. Then all the sudden they (the majority of people) fall back in line because they only like stealing shit when other people are doing it for them (i.e. government employees)

I was half expecting to see a picture of a belt loop with three red lines through it at the end of the deck.

shoelace.jpg

Not anymore.

That’s why the ATFE changed how they would review accessories. They now have to be submitted attached to the firearm.

Effective Immediately: Discontinuance of Accessory Classifications

Bob

Perhaps, but it doesn't magically turn back the clock and undo their prior ruling. And before anyone says it, this is FAR beyond equitable estoppel - it isn't the mere case of some flunky speaking in error about law or policy; it's a dramatic, arbitrary and capricious about-face as a matter of official policy.

Back
Top Bottom