• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BREAKING: DoJ Rules That Bump Fire Stocks Are Now Machine Guns, court says hold it update post 301

So, if making your gun bump makes it a machine gun...

And "once a machine gun always a machine gun"...

Does that mean any gun that is bumped now becomes a machinegun forever?

If not - if removing the bump stock restores the gun to semi-auto - then this should apply to ANY full auto that has been modified to semi only.

I'm kind of pissed off to find out that Menorah did not made the grade:
Menorah Machinegun

on the other hand who TF is "James Erskine Hailstorm"???

james_erskine_hailstorm_bump_stock_installed.jpg

I guess the more interesting case are rifles with integrated (i.e. permanently attached/ integrated) bumpstock. Removing the bumpstock would make it into illegal pistol by MA standards (over 50oz)

No, I am not trying to find any logic from these treasonous f***s. Rot in hell a**h***s, every one of you.

their reasoning doesn't hold water...

I got this in my e-mail about the ruling...I never used a bump stock but I think a semi still requires one trigger pull per round....

What You Should Know?
  • Bump-stock-devices allow a semiautomatic firearm to shoot more than one shot with a single trigger pull.
  • The new rule goes into effect 90 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register.

Whether it hits one or both, a kick in the nads is still a kick in the nads. The needle is pointing in the wrong direction- that's not a respite.
Not having AWB's and semi auto bans running through Congress is the respite. Come the next Dem president, if they have a Dem house and Senate, all it will take is a simple majority and you'll remember the year 2018 as a respite year.

Just remember that it was Paul Ryan who killed HPA and McConnell who killed reciprocity by having it sit for a year in the senate. The problem isn't Republicans in the House, it's whoever is the Speaker at the time and in the Senate it's the turncoat RINO fake Republicans like McCain, Collins, Murkowski, Romney, etc. Obamacare would have been repealed if it wasn't for those people.

Technology proliferation is rendering 2A infringements obsolete anyways. As electronic triggers become more popular, any script kiddie will be able to "hack" their trigger to fire more than one shot per trigger pull and there isn't anything .gov can do about it.

This is going to affect my financial planning. Need to redirect funds to litigate against bad anti2A precedents set by actions by the NRA and a Republican Administration.

Now the NRA membership and donations go to the GOA and the Trump/R money goes to SAF. So do I have that right?

So, apologies if it’s been discussed but, if bump stocks are now classified by ATF as machine guns, can you own one with a tax stamp?

I’m asking if possible, not if you approve.

How that article will make you feel
once the gun-grabbers roll out the nationwide full-court-press "Ban all semi-autos" program.
As a direct consequence of the fun factoids popularized in that article.

The SLA did not use rubber bands. All Donald Defreeze, "Cinque" or whatever the hell that psycho called himself used was a common file. He converted legal semiauto rifles to full-auto this way and that was back in the early 1970s. Patty Hearst's carbine was M1 illegally converted to M2. Laws do not stop criminals. How long before our bureaucrats get that?

What's your point?

You write that like you think anti-gun laws are intended to stop criminals, or something.

Bullshit.
The DNC has been doing this in Montana, Indiana, New Mexico, Arizona, and more. Any close race they throw money at the 3rd party to try and peel enough votes to put their candidate ahead. That's without even getting into any margin of fraud.

This entire bump stock fiasco is entirely due to NRA's support for banning them. I cancelled my NRA membership in November last year, and the NRA will never see another cent of my money.

For anyone else who is considering cancelling their NRA membership, the process is that you have to write a physical letter to their Director of Membership. The address is:

National Rifle Association
ATTN: Director of Membership
11250 Waples Mill Rd.
Fairfax, VA 22030

This is what I wrote on my letter:

Please cancel my NRA membership and all associated subscriptions, effective immediately. My Member ID is XXXXXX.

In light of NRA’s statements regarding bump stocks, it is obvious that the NRA is overly eager to surrender any firearms rights and it is clear that the NRA would gladly support legislation or regulations that would further infringe upon the 2nd amendment.

While I personally have no interest in any bump stocks or similar devices, I feel the NRA does not represent me when it comes to strictly upholding all gun rights in America. As a resident of Massachusetts, the gun rights in my state is constantly under attack, and it is extremely disappointing to see the NRA indicating support for further restrictions on the Federal level.

Please do not send me any promotional materials either by email or post, and please remove my phone number from all your call lists.

This might be a blessing in disguise. People with bumpstocks will have 90 days to either turn them in or destroy them to the ATF's published standards. Since destroying them looks like a PITA, those inclined to comply are either going to turn them in or just drop them in the trash. That means that: (A) we'll have machineguns turning up in town dumps, landfills, the woods, shopping mall trash barrels, school dumpsters, etc. (the headlines write themselves); and (B) we're guaranteed to get some hilarious turn-in statistics in the coming months, which will be easily compared against the manufacturers' sale numbers, and which will clearly demonstrate that people DGAF what the .gov has to say when it comes to gungrabbing, empowering all those who really don't GAF.

......we're guaranteed to get some hilarious turn-in statistics in the coming months, which will be easily compared against the manufacturers' sale numbers, and which will clearly demonstrate that people DGAF what the .gov has to say when it comes to gungrabbing, empowering all those who really don't GAF.

We are seeing more and more of this lately. There comes a point where gun owners just have had enough.

Bob

I've been wondering why Obama didn't go through with the BS ban. Seems like the kind of thing he'd love to do.

My guess is that Obama and his ilk thought the ensuing lawsuits would go to SCOTUS and get it overturned, setting precedents that would affect other gun laws. So they decided not to go there.

Maybe Trump went there for that reason. 4-D chess and all.

I've been wondering why Obama didn't go through with the BS ban. Seems like the kind of thing he'd love to do.

My guess is that Obama and his ilk thought the ensuing lawsuits would go to SCOTUS and get it overturned, setting precedents that would affect other gun laws. So they decided not to go there.

An attack on 2A from a Democratic president would be met with pretty much uniform resistance from every Republican, and maybe even a few Democrats. It would become a rallying issue to oppose the change.

Getting a knife in the back from the NRA/Trump leaves the Republicans scratching their heads. They don't want to start an interparty squabble that might undermine their broader agenda, so they just let it happen while making concerned noises. Anti-gun Trump is much more dangerous than an anti-gun Democrat.

Trump isn't enough of a gun guy to do that. He does what his pro-gun sons and the NRA tells him to do with the assumption that's what most gun owners want. I think he'd like people to be able to carry based on his NYC experience and the ability for the average person to fight back against an attack (concealed carry centric). That's pretty much it.

This might be a blessing in disguise. People with bumpstocks will have 90 days to either turn them in or destroy them to the ATF's published standards. Since destroying them looks like a PITA, those inclined to comply are either going to turn them in or just drop them in the trash. That means that: (A) we'll have machineguns turning up in town dumps, landfills, the woods, shopping mall trash barrels, school dumpsters, etc. (the headlines write themselves); and (B) we're guaranteed to get some hilarious turn-in statistics in the coming months, which will be easily compared against the manufacturers' sale numbers, and which will clearly demonstrate that people DGAF what the .gov has to say when it comes to gungrabbing, empowering all those who really don't GAF.

The average bump stock buyer probably doesn't even know they have banned them yet. The box it came in is probably still sitting on top of a 30 rack of natty light in their house or trailer.

"They can't ban those things, its just a f***ing piece of plastic. f*** them and the horse they rode in on. "

"What do you mean it was on the news? I was too busy watching WWE..."

(warning, ear rape) [rofl]

-Mike

I seem to remember that they could be separated into two pieces. I don’t remember as mine was sold out of state in accordance with MA laws. If someone stored part A in one location and part B in another, who could tell? Again I don’t own one anymore.

Trump is an idiot. He doesn't have some intricate plan.

Trump is an idiot. He doesn't have some intricate plan.

It is clearly obvious Trump has no secret master plan. His brain doesn't work that way. He is a hit and run opportunist who is often as not strategically wrong.

He successes are built on speed, surprise, and momentum not genius think Gen. Patton or Rommel. He is audacious(or reckless) enough to do what everyone else knows no one will do. He usually goes full retard and in the paraphrased words of Sun Tzu attacks the enemy where they don't expect to be attacked. Deception is his primary method executed by virtue of his spontaneous choices.

Those are all reasons why he can't develop lasting staff. He doesn't even let them know what is next cause he doesn't know himself. Think of him like a modern day Caligula.

It won't work for much longer. If he manages to get re-elected expect a political bloodbath and total destruction of any legacy he could hope to achieve. He might easily be the reason we quit building "Presidential Libraries".

For the time being, I love what he is doing to the governing crowd who had grown so accustomed to doing things their own way but make no mistake the future is further subjugation of the individual and social collectivization of the servant classes in the new Feudalism.

You didn't really believe he would uphold the 2A?

The average bump stock buyer probably doesn't even know they have banned them yet. The box it came in is probably still sitting on top of a 30 rack of natty light in their house or trailer.

"They can't ban those things, its just a f***ing piece of plastic. f*** them and the horse they rode in on. "

"What do you mean it was on the news? I was too busy watching WWE..."

(warning, ear rape) [rofl]

-Mike
meh threw one on my saiga 12 as a joke. Lighten up

Back
Top Bottom