BREAKING: DoJ Rules That Bump Fire Stocks Are Now Machine Guns, court says hold it update post 301

I seem to remember that they could be separated into two pieces. I don’t remember as mine was sold out of state in accordance with MA laws. If someone stored part A in one location and part B in another, who could tell? Again I don’t own one anymore.

See Eddie's post on how they have to be cut up. You cant even have the mounting block in one piece on a Slidefire Solutions stock

This entire bump stock fiasco is entirely due to NRA's support for banning them. I cancelled my NRA membership in November last year, and the NRA will never see another cent of my money.

For anyone else who is considering cancelling their NRA membership, the process is that you have to write a physical letter to their Director of Membership. The address is:

National Rifle Association
ATTN: Director of Membership
11250 Waples Mill Rd.
Fairfax, VA 22030

This is what I wrote on my letter:

Please cancel my NRA membership and all associated subscriptions, effective immediately. My Member ID is XXXXXX.

In light of NRA’s statements regarding bump stocks, it is obvious that the NRA is overly eager to surrender any firearms rights and it is clear that the NRA would gladly support legislation or regulations that would further infringe upon the 2nd amendment.

While I personally have no interest in any bump stocks or similar devices, I feel the NRA does not represent me when it comes to strictly upholding all gun rights in America. As a resident of Massachusetts, the gun rights in my state is constantly under attack, and it is extremely disappointing to see the NRA indicating support for further restrictions on the Federal level.

Please do not send me any promotional materials either by email or post, and please remove my phone number from all your call lists.

I agree the bump stock ban is stupid. But I am not canceling my NRA membership. Leave my guns and magazines/feeding devices alone.

48377707_2161359207229471_6440874965880274944_n.jpg

Wait until the NRA starts agitating for any mag/feeding device capable of holding more than 30 rounds.....

all I know is there NRA is the biggest target of the anti-2A movement. And if they are pissing them off then they are being affective. At the end of the day the NRA is a lobbying group and not a law making body. So when you have more anti-2A congress members getting elected everyday then one day no pro-gun group will matter. All they need is a democrat controlled house and senate and a democrat potus and all my guns and all your guns go away. So targeting the NRA and not standing together is just putting us a step closer to what I believe is the inevitable.

This entire bump stock fiasco is entirely due to NRA's support for banning them. I cancelled my NRA membership in November last year, and the NRA will never see another cent of my money.

Well the anti-gun lobby wants to destroy the NRA and any other gun rights organization that opposes their agenda, so i'm sure that they are very happy with you. Divide and conquer is how they'll win and you're just widening the cracks for them.

Well the anti-gun lobby wants to destroy the NRA and any other gun rights organization that opposes their agenda, so i'm sure that they are very happy with you. Divide and conquer is how they'll win and you're just widening the cracks for them.

Except that the NRA is already an "anti" organization by the fact that they were the first to cry for a bump stock ban. They started it! NRA was also starkly against taking Heller to the Supreme Court.

They seems to be in cahoots with the antis most of the time, always willing to "compromise" and support "common sense" reform. This is what happens when an organization grows too big and loses touch with their base.

I'm not going to overreact and cancel my NRA membership... But I'm not pleased about their stance on this despite it having no impact on me. But it is what it is. Even when you organize with those with whom you agree (like the NRA), there will be some disagreement some of the time. To expect otherwise is foolish.

I think bump stocks are silly. But I don't see how they're a "machine gun" either...

The NRA is destroying itself by allowing the fundraising people to dictate the behavior of the organization rather than core mission people telling the fundraising people what to do. Madame Monsanto Shannon Watts is no different than Chris Cox or Wayne at this point. Just hired PR mercenaries that don't get an eff about what they are selling.

I'm not going to overreact and cancel my NRA membership... But I'm not pleased about their stance on this despite it having no impact on me. But it is what it is. Even when you organize with those with whom you agree (like the NRA), there will be some disagreement some of the time. To expect otherwise is foolish.

I think bump stocks are silly. But I don't see how they're a "machine gun" either...

This is my point. Making public speeches about quitting in disgust and never giving them another dime no matter what they do are not going to elicit any positive changes. Fracture and division among gun rights people will only hurt our cause in the long run.

They are silly. But that's not the point. The point is more bans & taking citizens property "without just compensation". And giving up more ground.

all I know is there NRA is the biggest target of the anti-2A movement. And if they are pissing them off then they are being affective. At the end of the day the NRA is a lobbying group and not a law making body. So when you have more anti-2A congress members getting elected everyday then one day no pro-gun group will matter. All they need is a democrat controlled house and senate and a democrat potus and all my guns and all your guns go away. So targeting the NRA and not standing together is just putting us a step closer to what I believe is the inevitable.

Have you been paying attention lately? The antis have just been driving around the NRA...

The thing is outside of rhetoric, the antis aren't doing much to the NRA. They are attacking literally everywhere that the NRA isn't or refuses to care to be.... EG- Vermont, WA, other drastic situations. The NRA does almost nothing on the flanks. Instead they're still sending out mailers about the UN gun ban or other irrelevant crap or trying to fluff up revenue by sending out recycled pics of swinestine and friends....

The precedent, if allowed to stand...

And make no mistake, it won't be limited to guns, either.

The Red/Greens will be more than happy to move against certain cars, trucks, HAM radios, 3D Printers, night vision / infrared gear, CNC machines, pretty much anything that they won't like from an environmental, security, or communications standpoint.

And this is why the changed the process so that the new accessories now must be submitted attached to a firearm.

Bob
Two theories about that:

1) They want to stop the nuisance applications, like the Fleshlight (sic) attachment.
2) They want to force a technical violation for manufacturing by someone not properly licensed to do so, or by shipping it improperly.

If was into playing such games, I'd step it up by sending the device attached to a stripped lower. That is legally a firearm, of course. Their rule doesn't save that it has to be a functional firearm.

If they rejected the application by saying it's not a firearm... well, let the games begin!

Two theories about that:

1) They want to stop the nuisance applications, like the Fleshlight (sic) attachment.
2) They want to force a technical violation for manufacturing by someone not properly licensed to do so, or by shipping it improperly.

If was into playing such games, I'd step it up by sending the device attached to a stripped lower. That is legally a firearm, of course. Their rule doesn't save that it has to be a functional firearm.

If they rejected the application by saying it's not a firearm... well, let the games begin!

Or 3, they are doing it this way because they are trying to set up a framework which makes their regulation more legally defensible, particularly with that supreme court case coming down the
gullet and all...

EG, by some convoluted means, the court could say that "batfe cannot regulate firearm accessories" but if the "regulation" is cast as "regulating a firearm with a device attached to it to make it do X" then it brings the whole thing back into their purview. It sounds stupid, but I think they are doing it to place their edicts on stronger legal footing. It also creates a "narrow track" form of regulation. EG, it sets them up better so nobody can make sport of them easily, like what happened with the whole Aikins Accelerator business where those guys requested approval of a vague device that ended up being something other than the thing that they actually made.

There's also a hidden "3a" - which is - reduce the propensity for "mother may I" types to ask them stupid legal questions and make interpretations about things which nobody ever asked them before. While part of BATFE is up to their old corrupt f***ery, IMHO there's also a contingent that has sought to reduce the bullshit they're involved in, like the whole pistol brace business. Anyone looking closely knows that was likely done intentionally, to slow the flood of SBR applications in the wake of 41P.

-Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom