BREAKING: DoJ Rules That Bump Fire Stocks Are Now Machine Guns, court says hold it update post 301

How about my belt loops? or my finger? or elastic band. It just proves that the people who make laws and rules don't have a f***ing clue what they are doing. It's all on feelings.

Can we get one of those injuctions that libtards seem to always get to stop Trump in his tracks?

I don't know how it works, but everytime Trumps pulls some EO, libtards do an injuction that somehow allows either illegal flow or whatnot. But when it comes to guns, there are never any f***ing injunctions.

So 2020 will again be about felon Clinton and Republican Trump raping gun owners one measure at a time like most of Rs before him. Yeah, tough choice it will be. I'll stay home.

Can we get one of those injuctions that libtards seem to always get to stop Trump in his tracks?

They like shopping around for friendly judges why can’t we do the same thing? I remember Trump speaking at the NRAA and saying how safe our 2A rights are. When is he going to put his efforts into the political donations he wanted? If he’s going to flush us down the toilet and offer platitudes to the NRA folks then I’m not voting in 2020.[/QUOTE]

Guarentee there are lawsuits being filed today

I am sure they will, but it seems like in this country you need a lot of money to push whatever agenda.

DOJ is basically making laws, not congress. Dumb laws too.

I really hope that all gun owners can temporarily put their hate of cats, bicycles and bump stocks behind and look at this as an additional infringement. We should stand as one and support the fight to push these a**h***s back.

I kinda forsee that courts will rule against the DoJ and that may/may not be intentional.........it allows the executive branch to wash its hands of the subject and put it into the hands of a dem led House.......

Exactly. Another reason Kav was so important. This will go to SCOTUS and the classification will be reversed. Allows Trump to say to anti-gun idiots "well look I tried but the court is independent after all" while winking at pro-gun people.

Lol. You believe that.

Yeah, this is the same type of attitude of people who laugh at people for having faith. Very blasé. Some things have not gone our way in the past. Some things look bad for the future. Well I do still have faith. People here need to understand the nuances of politics more. Yeah most of us are on the right but it wasn't just the right who got Trump elected, it was people in the middle as well. Centrists comprise a large part of the electorate and like it or not, Trump sometimes has to appeal to them to have a shot at winning future elections. Kicking the issue to SCOTUS gives him political cover and (hopefully) gives us what we want in the end.

Yeah, this is the same type of attitude of people who laugh at people for having faith. Very blasé. Some things have not gone our way in the past. Some things look bad for the future. Well I do still have faith. People here need to understand the nuances of politics more. Yeah most of us are on the right but it wasn't just the right who got Trump elected, it was people in the middle as well. Centrists comprise a large part of the electorate and like it or not, Trump sometimes has to appeal to them to have a shot at winning future elections. Kicking the issue to SCOTUS gives him political cover and (hopefully) gives us what we want in the end.
More of Trump's 4D chess?
5914ce611e00003a00622986.jpeg cagelaugh.jpg.CROP_.promo-mediumlarge.jpg istock_000009917018small_0.jpg Obama-Laugh.jpg

it has been two years since Trump's promise to jail Illary and drain the swamp. I had faith two full years and I don't see either one of them is happening.

All I want from Trump is to restore f***ing rule of law. That simple. I don't see it. Sessions has been the worst choice by far in the area where reform need to come most.

What I see is the same pattern: R candidate that f***s his electorate vs. outrageous D candidate that makes R look good. But I don't see any progress, business as usual. All I hear is the "5d chess" excuses when people question about Trump's commitment to his promises. It's backfiring already which midterms are perfectly illustrated. It's not me, it's a whole lot of other people who see it that way.

Looks like they redacted the title. Its not yet finalized or a law. Not that it would be a law anyway. Laws are passed by the legislature. Not unelected bureaucrats in unconstitutional agencies such as the ATF.

And to the guys shitting on trump, would we be better off if billary was in office? Will we be better off with whatever swamp creature the dims drag out of the woodwork for 2020? No? Then Vote for Trump in 2020. Hes not far right or a libertarian but hes also not a total neocon hack either. Second term Trump will be unencumbered Trump.

I kinda forsee that courts will rule against the DoJ and that may/may not be intentional.........it allows the executive branch to wash its hands of the subject and put it into the hands of a dem led House.......

That'll take years to actually happen, as I doubt courts will act with any expediency WRT "bump stocks" etc.

-Mike

You and I both know and have always known that prosecuting clinton was never within his power and that "draining the swamp" would involve the swamp fighting back......and it would take a long time.

No, I actually believe that he will appoint a person to prosecute her. It's pretty simple. The laws WERE broken, even Comey acknowledged it.

What Trump seem to forget is that he is not supported by the swamp creatures that he is making deals with, he is supported by the ordinary people.

There is a Russian saying: "the bigger the piece of furniture, the louder it falls down" ... Illary need to fall and announce that in this country law and order comes first. Every f***ing day we learn that some people in this country are more special than others. It won't fly for too long.

Looks like they redacted the title. Its not yet finalized or a law. Not that it would be a law anyway. Laws are passed by the legislature. Not unelected bureaucrats in unconstitutional agencies such as the ATF.

And to the guys shitting on trump, would we be better off if billary was in office? Will we be better off with whatever swamp creature the dims drag out of the woodwork for 2020? No? Then Vote for Trump in 2020. Hes not far right or a libertarian but hes also not a total neocon hack either. Second term Trump will be unencumbered Trump.

Long term, probably.

We are not voting for the best candidate anymore, we are voting for the least shitty. Illary isn't the worst, I'm sure Rs can find someone who will be and produce that candidate for the next election.

Lol he's certainly responsible, but I think blame needs to be shared with the NRA, who was doing the "lets just burn the bump stocks so the non issue will
die quickly" dance party... not that I particularly give a shit about bump stocks, but ATF hugely reinterpreting regulations on a whim is a bad
scene.

More happy fun ball though, if they come out and say these devices are machine guns, there's an obvious takings issue, because there's no way to legally dispose of the items and get compensated for them. It would be pretty hilarious if by virtue of this action, they just created thousands of transferable machine guns, because if that bump stock is an MG, then they can't, in the same throes, rule that an AR 15 with a DIAS in it is a "separate" machine gun, etc. So the feds may have inadvertently allowed for the manufacture of thousands of new transferable machine guns....

-Mike

They like shopping around for friendly judges why can’t we do the same thing? I remember Trump speaking at the NRAA and saying how safe our 2A rights are. When is he going to put his efforts into the political donations he wanted? If he’s going to flush us down the toilet and offer platitudes to the NRA folks then I’m not voting in 2020.

Doesn't really matter for any of us in MA anyways, as our vote for president is statistically meaningless here, beyond maybe the republican primaries.

Maybe a dozen states actually decide who is president. MA definitely isn't one of them, or ever will be.

-Mike

More happy fun ball though, if they come out and say these devices are machine guns, there's an obvious takings issue, because there's no way to legally dispose of the items and get compensated for them. It would be pretty hilarious if by virtue of this action, they just created thousands of transferable machine guns, because if that bump stock is an MG, then they can't, in the same throes, rule that an AR 15 with a DIAS in it is a "separate" machine gun, etc. So the feds may have inadvertently allowed for the manufacture of thousands of new transferable machine guns....

-Mike

That is really where things get interesting(from a lawsuit POV) Do they scrap the new regs, or open the machine gun registry.

Lol he's certainly responsible, but I think blame needs to be shared with the NRA, who was doing the "lets just burn the bump stocks so the non issue will
die quickly" dance party... not that I particularly give a shit about bump stocks, but ATF hugely reinterpreting regulations on a whim is a bad
scene.

-Mike

Oh yeah. I was on here shitting on the NRA when they came out with that bullshit line. That was the point at which I let my membership lapse and never gave those cucks another cent of my money.

Happy fun ball indeed. If you are correct, this reclassification could nullify the Hughes Amendment. I doubt it will happen, and they'll probably put out an open letter reading "Turn em in OR ELSE", but it is a fun thought experiment.

The MG registry was never "Closed" .......Congress chose not to fund it.......

So, from a constitutional perspective you can only hope that the courts would deem the regulation to be unconstitutional and/or that failure to fund the registry = unconstitutional violation of a fundamental right

Lol, 922(o) effectively closed it to new post 86 peon level (non LE/GOV, non dealer) machine gun registrations.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "funding".

The NFA amnesties done in the past were because BATFE didn't want the issues to go to court and they also could argue that the stuff being amnestied was generally manufactured before May of 1986.

-Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom