BREAKING: DoJ Rules That Bump Fire Stocks Are Now Machine Guns, court says hold it update post 301

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The government, Republicans and Democrats alike can pass any single gun control measure they want, and all we'll do is bitch about it on a keyboard (myself included). Why? Because we live in a stable 1st world country with luxuries that weren't even imaginable to most of humanity....

Until people are hungry, politicians can and will gut the second amendment. This line in the Sand stuff is pure garbage. Where was the revolution in Cali when they outlawed private sales, 10 round mags, ARs, heck AMMUNITION BACKGROUND CHECKS. There wasn't and there won't be.

The best thing gun owners can do is1) keep pressure on politicians 2) litigate 3) give up your lifestyle, your income, your family, and your friends and admit the 2nd amendment is dead.

What say you?

there is more that we can do, lots more. Vote out NRA, support pro-2a causes, being more active and involved, stop bickering, become a single issue voter, just for starters.

there is more that we can do, lots more. Vote out NRA, support pro-2a causes, being more active and involved, stop bickering, become a single issue voter, just for starters.

I don't like that the NRA did this....but the NRA stopped Manchin Toomey. If that had passed we'd still be fighting it...and how many good Americans would be in jail for selling their neighbor a Remington 700....

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The government, Republicans and Democrats alike can pass any single gun control measure they want, and all we'll do is bitch about it on a keyboard (myself included). Why? Because we live in a stable 1st world country with luxuries that weren't even imaginable to most of humanity....

Until people are hungry, politicians can and will gut the second amendment. This line in the Sand stuff is pure garbage. Where was the revolution in Cali when they outlawed private sales, 10 round mags, ARs, heck AMMUNITION BACKGROUND CHECKS. There wasn't and there won't be.

The best thing gun owners can do is1) keep pressure on politicians 2) litigate 3) give up your lifestyle, your income, your family, and your friends and admit the 2nd amendment is dead.

What say you?

CA resident checking in
AR's are doing A-OK here, and so are private sales?

No they aren't.
I'm not sure what you're basing this on. Everytime I head out to the range with my WASR I see piles of AR's with those grip fins and detachable mags.
And I also bought a C&R from someone, cash and carry, about three months ago all within the confines of the law

Just because you can't have a foregrip and a folding stock doesn't mean the AR (or AK) is useless (Though I sincerely wish I could ditch my grip wrap off my WASR)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The government, Republicans and Democrats alike can pass any single gun control measure they want,

But they don't, at least federally, because (at least so far) there's nearly always a negative political cost associated with it. That's why there was no AWB renewal (in like two 8 year administrations, I might add with shifting control amongst both parties) and no congressional gun control confab after parkland, etc. Gun control is generally a political loser of an issue at that level, much like abortion, etc. Nobody in a contested field wants to touch that shit.

So whats this bump stock ban then? A mindless "gesture" of throwing the antis a bone that the NRA came up with, that trump mindlessly stamped. (because he runs under the assumption that its the only lobbying group for gun owners that matters) If they had just shut the f*** up about it, it would have gone away. Instead they puffed their chest and "took ownership" of something that was not an issue, and by doing so, massaged it into one. Worse yet they validated the lunacy and shitlogic of the antis by suggesting that trump ban bump stocks. Frankly that ONE act of validation is worse to our cause than the ban itself- because it VALIDATES their entire retarded platform by insinuating that a jiggly plastic accessory might actually have something to do with changing the outcome of such a violent act. The antis get to now go "Look even the NRA thought they were bad so they told trump to ban them!!! blah blah!" Then the NRA gets to prance around and claim that they prevented massive gun legislation from being filed and passed, which of course most dumbass jingoservative gun owners suck for
hook line and sinker. Reminds me of the kinds of claims likely made by shark repellent salesmen....

-Mike

So, if a bumpstock makes my AR a machinegun, and an auto-sear and some slight modifications makes my AR a machinegun, why wouldn't I want the latter over the former... all things being equal, of course.

This is going to cost Trump way more than any of the "Russia" nonsense.
Not sure if serious. I would say maybe one in every few hundred people care about this. We are all the lunatic fringe grumbling in our echo chamber. I care about judges, which Trump has been doing very well on to date, so I'm voting Trump in 2020.

If you want to blame the NRA I get it.

If this makes you want for Democrats, I have no sympathy for you.

I know it's a meme but anyone know the validity of these other ones listed?

48393669_1797856300344012_1599175706242187264_n.jpg

If it wasn't for the 'lunatic fringe' we wouldn't have gun rights at all and I won't count the new judges as a blessing until I've seen what they actually do.

While were on this topic though, how many of you guys/ladies here have run into jingoservative retards bloviating about this issue? Like gun owners that are still
half clueless? I think at some level these people are more frustrating than antis. Like with the antis you can basically just take a trowel sort of thing and separate them into boxes of like "ignorant, unsalvageable" and "ignorant, but not close minded" etc. Keeps things very simple.

With the jingoservative gun owning retards its worse. They are often an amalgamation of the two of the above, except they have weird dunning-kruger biases or some shit going on because they already own guns. This produces gems like:

guy: ""I mean come on mike, they only sell these things to make money they have no legitimate purpose" (referring to shockwave shotgun and bump stocks)
me: "I think they are worthless but if you think they should ban those things, then you miss the point. 2A protects your right to own a gun, whether we think a
particular gun is stupid or not is NOT REALLY RELEVANT- and if you let them ban the stupid shit all the time, eventually they're going to come for the stuff you actually care about. If you don't see that, then you're not paying attention. "
guy: (just repeats same thing he just said)
me: (brain rendered inoperative due to frustration and stupidity)
me: (tries to recover by explaining the LEGAL clusterf*** that a bump stock ban
produces as well as how stupid the NFA is, etc)
guy: (repeats same stupid shit from earlier, like goebbels or something)

I had a similar conversation with another guy about AR-15 (although he came around, right after healeys bullshit of course) And then another one when NH went permitless carry. Saying his "police chief friend in NH said it was a
bad idea and he agreed with that" Then he proceeded to tell me that MA residents couldnt use NH permitless carry. He shut right the f*** up when I told him I would bet him $1000 that he was wrong. [rofl]

Then at a different time another one about machine guns, or just "carry licensing" etc. (although these werent quite as retarded, they still went to a level 3/10 on the retard meter).

Then by the time my brain starts to freeze over from the incoming stupidity bullets my ears hear, thankfully it just forestalls the stroke or aneurysm that would occur, somehow.

When I hear Jingoservatives spewing this shit, it just translates in my brainsomething like..

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

Internally, a small part of you just wants to walk up to these people, and hold them and just f***ing stare at them... like LOOK AT ME! and then shake them like

"WHAT THE f*** IS WRONG WITH YOU? ARE YOU REALLY THIS STUPID?"
"WERE ALL SUPPOSED TO ON THE SAME SIDE BUT YOU ARE NOT HELPING!"
"PEOPLE LIKE YOU MAKE SWINESTINE MOIST IN THE WRONG PLACE!"

Then before I reach that level of rage I just start channeling steve harvey...

Not sure if serious. I would say maybe one in every few hundred people care about this. We are all the lunatic fringe grumbling in our echo chamber. I care about judges, which Trump has been doing very well on to date, so I'm voting Trump in 2020.

If you want to blame the NRA I get it.

If this makes you want for Democrats, I have no sympathy for you.

Serious.

I don’t own a bump stock and could care less about them. But, just because I have no use for one doesn’t mean that it doesn’t piss me off.

I am tired of the take and take and take that has become the gun rights “compromise.” Will I vote for a Democrat? We will see. Will I vote for a Republican because they are a Republican? NFW.

Bob

The only real sad side of this is choosing between who might and probably will take my gun rights away (r) and who definitely will (d)
It's not merely a gun matter, either - once again, never mind this particular silly accessory, it's a TAKING WITHOUT COMPENSATION. If they get away with it for this...

It's not merely a gun matter, either - once again, never mind this particular silly accessory, it's a TAKING WITHOUT COMPENSATION. If they get away with it for this...
Right. That's only one of the Constitutional problems. If they could just force you to sell it at market value, it wouldn't slow them down much. The drafters knew that and so there are protections specifically on things like printing presses and arms.

The only real sad side of this is choosing between who might and probably will take my gun rights away (r) and who definitely will (d)

There's got to be another poLiticaL party that won't trampLe everyone's rights. Be against governmentaL overreach. Pro Liberty.

Nah, Let's keep doing the same thing and expecting different resuLts.

Serious.

I don’t own a bump stock and could care less about them. But, just because I have no use for one doesn’t mean that it doesn’t piss me off.

I am tired of the take and take and take that has become the gun rights “compromise.” Will I vote for a Democrat? We will see. Will I vote for a Republican because they are a Republican? NFW.

Bob
My point is we liberty-minded people are a super-minority. Even most gun owners don't care about this shit. People who will vote for someone other than Trump because of bumpstocks won't even be a blip on the radar. So this won't hurt him worse than the made up Russia BS. 2020 will hinge on the economy.

Most people are too stupid and too scared for freedom. And it's getting worse, not better.

For the record, I hate Republicans pols almost as much as the Dems.

So, if a bumpstock makes my AR a machinegun, and an auto-sear and some slight modifications makes my AR a machinegun, why wouldn't I want the latter over the former... all things being equal, of course.

Only an idiot would keep a bump stock instead of just converting a lower,the penalty is the same so might as well have something reliable.

Disclaimer for idiots:

Not in any way suggesting that anyone should do anything illegal.Just pointing out the consequences are the same.

They’re correcting their legislative oversights and perfecting their oppression by administrative decree.

It’s the efficiently tyrannical government that the founders of this country feared. And the very reason they created the second amendment.

Well, I agree. But let’s be clear that this issue is just one more on a growing list of nails in the coffin for the rule of law in this country. It is becoming clear that the new MO for anyone in a position of power is do what you want and sort it out it out in a kangaroo court system.

Only an idiot would keep a bump stock instead of just converting a lower,the penalty is the same so might as well have something reliable.

Disclaimer for idiots:

Not in any way suggesting that anyone should do anything illegal.Just pointing out the consequences are the same.

Lol, yea at this point in this giant cauldron of NFA nonsense, a bump stock is truely pointless.

Back
Top Bottom