Brandishing, not hypothetically.....

Would you walk outside your home with a pistol raised in the air to confront someone who was merely sitting in front of your home in a vehicle?

On a similar note, what would you do if you were the one sitting in your car and you were confronted by this lady w/ a raised pistol in her hand. The whole situation could have gone really bad, really fast.

On a similar note, what would you do if you were the one sitting in your car and you were confronted by this lady w/ a raised pistol in her hand. The whole situation could have gone really bad, really fast.
I could not agree more, which is exactly why I think this woman is dangerous. How long before she shoots the guy from the water dept. for being in her yard to read the meter?

I think theres a pretty big disconnect between having a gun in your hand, pointed up and actually shooting the water guy...

I think theres a pretty big disconnect between having a gun in your hand, pointed up and actually shooting the water guy...
You're quite right but as I said, how long before this loose cannon actually does something stupid like that.

You're quite right but as I said, how long before this loose cannon actually does something stupid like that.

Well then, we should arrest and incarcerate all inner youths on the basis that statistically they are likely to be gang bangers. This government can't even get crime and punishment right and you want people punished for pre-crime???

Same thing the driver did in this situation -- put the car in gear, move out fast, and call the police.

Well then, we should arrest and incarcerate all inner youths on the basis that statistically they are likely to be gang bangers. This government can't even get crime and punishment right and you want people punished for pre-crime???
Apples and oranges here, this woman has already demonstrated on more than one occasion that she just might be a little too quick on the trigger.
Unless and until any one young or old does something illegal of course they should not be "incarcerated" as you put it. Also statistically most inner city youths do not become gang bangers. Do you actually have a point to make here or are you pulling my chain?

... this woman has already demonstrated on more than one occasion that she just might be a little too quick on the trigger.

Not to be pedantic, but I haven't seen any report indicating a trigger was pulled or even touched.

It's interesting how much feelings play into the law in these situations, and particular the perception of a threat. After all, the inherent danger presented by a concealed weapon is only marginally less than that presented by a weapon visibly pointed in a safe direction. Most of us have spent considerable time in the presence of un-holstered loaded weapons pointed in a safe direction by others. The only difference in this case is the perception of threat. And, as noted earlier, what this really amounts to is some non-zero perceived probability of the threat being realized. It's a messy business, assigning legal outcomes to people's feelings and perceptions.

I'm glad this didn't make to the MSM. Just another thing to make lawful gun owners look bad imo.

Personally, I'm not going to display a firearm because somebody is parked in front of my house. [hmmm]

I'm kinda confused as to why or how anyone on here can defend this woman. What she did was clearly foolish and perhaps should be punished at some level. First of all i'm almost certain that the town/city owns a certain footage off the roadway for easement purposes, so if I had to assume this guy wasn't parked on HER property anyways. Secondly i'm guessing this area is probably fairly "busy" in terms of traffic and activity, so a car parked on the street isn't usually out of the norm or suspicious. For this woman to go out all hell bent for election waving a gun in the air because some guy is parked in front of her house, well folks thats ridiculous.

It is exactly this type of activity that makes the anti's go, "see I told you so". This isn't the mid west, middle of no where bo-dunk town, it isn't a clint eastwood movie, this type of behavior is absolutely deplorable. JMHO

Not to be pedantic, but I haven't seen any report indicating a trigger was pulled or even touched.

It's interesting how much feelings play into the law in these situations, and particular the perception of a threat. After all, the inherent danger presented by a concealed weapon is only marginally less than that presented by a weapon visibly pointed in a safe direction. Most of us have spent considerable time in the presence of un-holstered loaded weapons pointed in a safe direction by others. The only difference in this case is the perception of threat. And, as noted earlier, what this really amounts to is some non-zero perceived probability of the threat being realized. It's a messy business, assigning legal outcomes to people's feelings and perceptions.
Just a figure of speech meaning too quick to show off her firearm to anyone who strays too close to her property. Any way you slice it there is no defense for this woman's brandishing a firearm under the circumstances as they are described. There is also a very big difference between a holstered weapon and one at the ready from the perspective of the individual on the receiving end. If you can't process that then I'm afraid I can't offer anything else to you in this forum.

Secondly i'm guessing this area is probably fairly "busy" in terms of traffic and activity, so a car parked on the street isn't usually out of the norm or suspicious.

Absolutely. This woman's home is about a mile from downtown Natick, which is a very busy, densely populated, virtually crime-free area. On street parking is extremely common in her neighborhood. Unless there are extenuating circumstances that were not printed in the article, it was completely unreasonable for her to think that a car parked in front of the house constituted a threat to her safety. Not only does she help to fortify the case for gun control, making things more difficult for responsible gun owners (read: you & me), but she may pose a threat to public safety.

so it's ok to bring a gun out to the yard in this situation as long as it's either in your pocket, or behind your leg and she only becomes bat shit crazy to have a gun there IF the other guy sees it.

If understand now....................[rolleyes]

I understand now....................[rolleyes]
There you go... Now you've got it... We are protecting the sheeple's "feelings"...

Lest you think you (or I) were/am joking - that was quite literally what was said about the "racist" who OC'd an AR last year. That he was imposing upon the sheeple's right not to be intimidated.

so it's ok to bring a gun out to the yard in this situation as long as it's either in your pocket, or behind your leg and she only becomes bat shit crazy to have a gun there IF the other guy sees it.

If understand now....................[rolleyes]
It is all about context and behavior. If I'm squatting down and you have a baseball bat in your hand, is it threatening, or not? If I'm the catcher on a softball team, and you are facing the pitcher, it isn't threatening at all. If I'm changing my tire and you come up behind me with a baseball bat in your hand, then it may well be threatening.

Last edited:
It is all about context and behavior. If I'm squatting down and you have a baseball bat in your hand, is it threatening, or not? If I'm the catcher on a softball team, and you are facing the batter, it isn't threatening at all. If I'm changing my tire and you come up behind me with a baseball bat in your hand, then it may well be threatening.
What if you see a bigger than average guy with a grumpy look on face and that threatens you? [thinking] Funny story... perhaps for another time. [laugh]

So, the problem with your statement is that she was on her property with the "threatened party" having trespassed IIRC.

That sorta takes the wind out of your context... If you set foot on someone else's property without permission, you should be prepared for some unkind words...

I don't agree with what she did, but the consequences will exceed the action to be sure.

So, the problem with your statement is that she was on her property with the "threatened party" having trespassed IIRC.

That sorta takes the wind out of your context... If you set foot on someone else's property without permission, you should be prepared for some unkind words...
Nice strawman. He was parked on the side of the road in front of her house (which, btw, is almost certainly owned by the town and not her), and she comes out with a gun in her hand because she was "scared". You really think that was appropriate? Please.

She was TSTL and is now reaping the consequences of that stupidity.

No, I don't think it was appropriate, but neither is it the capital offense it is being made out to be.
What was her goal in bringing out the gun and displaying it as she did? To scare the driver? What is the usual legal charge for trying to scare someone with a dangerous weapon?

What if you see a bigger than average guy with a grumpy look on face and that threatens you? [thinking] Funny story... perhaps for another time. [laugh]

I don't agree with what she did, but the consequences will exceed the action to be sure.

He wasn't trespassing, he was parked in front of the house, according to the article. There is no defense for brandishing in this case, period.

If the facts are confirmed as to what exactly happened, and the press widely broadcasts the story, it may be appropriate and perhaps imperative that GOAL issue a statement condemning the actions while emphasizing the fact that tens of thousands of gun owners exhibit safe and responsible behavior at all times. It's important to send a message that this type of behavior is not representative of the firearms community at large.

I agree with Jesse; GOAL should release a statement immediately that seperates responsible gun owners from this woman's actions. The best thing we can do is to stand behind the judgement of the Natick PD on this.

If it was some gangbanger armed illegally he/she would be out on the street the next day and you wouldn't hear anything about it because they's just a poor kid turning their life around.

I don't condone her actions, I think it was pretty effin stupid, but what law did She break?

MA law is soft on criminals but hard on everyone else. See the 209A thread.

This state sucks concerning the 1-10. (BOR)

I breaking up with my GF and moving in with Derek. [cheers]

Well not really, he smells bad. [laugh]

Lets break this down really quickly (and assume the following is true as presented):
- A guy in a car parked legally on the street in front of her home.
- She comes out with a gun in her hand because "she was upset about people parking on her lawn."

This isn't a case of confronting someone with a gun ON YOUR PROPERTY or DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL.
My question is: Is it ok to confront someone with a weapon for engaging in a legal activity on a public right of way?

What if it was a garbage truck and she didn't like how loud it was?

I think she's an idiot. Illegal- no idea...Idiot- definitely. It makes us all look bad.

Edit: And what would YOU have done if you were parking your car on the street and someone exited their home and confronted you, while armed...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom