• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Brady Bunch: A loss is not a loss....

"Universal background checks don't affect the right of self-defense in the home. Banning a super dangerous class of weapons, like assault weapons, also would not adversely affect the right of self-defense in the home," said Henigan. "Curbing large volume sales doesn't affect self-defense in the home."

I'd just like to say sorry to Mrs. Brady and his wife, Mr. Brady. But you are wrong again. And besides, the 2A doesn't become void when you leave your home.

Spin, Spin, Spin.

The Supreme Court decision will be a pivotal moment. The basis for for many gun laws is based on the twisted interpretation of the 2nd by gun grabbers. I am sure right now they are scrambling to come up with new tactics.

Now is the time to support GOAL, support NES, and (depending on your views) support the NRA.

Being a gray man is good tactically, but not politically. ITS TIME TO TEAR THE BRADY BUNCH A NEW a**h***.

Let's kick some ass, if SCOUTUS is in our favor lets run with it and use it as springboard to set the ball rolling in our fight to get our rights back.

When the decision is made public, maybe we can get Jay Severin or Michael Graham on it. If the one gun a month law wins, I'll be the first to write the Globe that I am celebrating it by purchasing a new gun.

I came across this while following another link. It explains how a favorable RKBA ruling by SCOTUS in the Heller case really won't be a defeat for the Brady crew.

Brady Lunacy

What a bunch of maroons.

No kidding. They should just lay down and admit defeat at this point. The reason it's called the bill of rights is because those rights are individual rights. The rest of the constitution pertains to the government. And why does Brady think defense ends once you walk off your property? Like suddenly we walk in to a world of unicorns and fairy's and everything is just peachy?

Nice avatar by the way.

Although the Brady Campaign expects the Chicago ordinance to be challenged, it thinks that it may survive because it does not have the restrictions on long guns like the ones found in Washington, D.C.

The Chicago law may also survive because a decision in the D.C. case will likely not resolve the issue of whether the Second Amendment applies to the states and other cities that are not federal enclaves.

Precisely what we want!

The good news... is that we want the Chicago handgun ban to be challenged in the courts, and we want it to lose in the lower courts with the expectation that it will go all the way to the SCOTUS.

Only then can we hope for a ruling that would make the findings of the Heller case (an individual right to keep and bear arms), become incorporated under the 14th amendment and possibly nullify a good portion of existing state gun control laws.

The bad news... it's pretty much a given that the court will affirm that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right unconnected with any militia service.

Even the Brady dolts have conceded this point (although in reality, it's not over until the fat lady sings... there really is no certainty on which way the court will rule).

The real uncertainty is what standard of review the court will apply... anything less than "strict scrutiny", and it opens a whole new battle ground on gun control.

We could find ourselves winning the war, only to end up engaging in a slew of
nation wide skirmishes.

Assuming a favorable ruling in Heller, a challenge to the Chicago handgun ban will happen.

Problem is, that could take 3-5 years or more (if even granted cert), before it reaches the SCOTUS.

What the make-up of the court will be in that time is anyones guess.

The Dems are anticipating at least 2 vacancies/court nominations during the next Presidential term.

Whom will be in the Oval Office (and in control of Congress), will decide who will fill those seats.

The game isn't over yet... it's going to be along and bumpy ride.

FWIW... the clock is ticking.

The courts last date for announcing opinions is June, 23rd (11 days away).

Keep your fingers crossed. [smile]

Last edited:
The unfortunite side I am reading into this is, no matter what happens the Brady gun grabbers will continue to fight their battle California Stye.

Ban certain weapons and make safety on weapons a regulation
Ban certain ammo
Ban carrying in public places
Ban supplies for guns
Ban tranfers of ammo
Make it ridiculously difficult to trade with people in the state on lawful transactions with a never ending supply of regulations, laws and paperwork required.

They are basically saying that they will skirt the second amendment in a covert manner. So to be sure that frog that doesn't know he's being boiled is still in very hot water and they will continue to crank up the temps!

Last edited:
The Dems are anticipating at least 2 vacancies/court nominations during the next Presidential term.

Whom will be in the Oval Office (and in control of Congress), will decide who will fill those seats.

Exactly. McCain is not perfect, but he's better than Obama.

The unfortunite side I am reading into this is, no matter what happens the Brady gun grabbers will continue to fight their battle California Stye.

Ban certain weapons and make safety on weapons a regulation
Ban certain ammo
Ban carrying in public places
Ban supplies for guns
Ban tranfers of ammo
Make it ridiculously difficult to trade with people in the state on lawful transactions with a never ending supply of regulations, laws and paperwork required.

They are basically saying that they will skirt the second amendment in a covert manner. So to be sure that frog that doesn't know he's being boiled is still in very hot water and they will continue to crank up the temps!

I agree, but now they will have to deal with constitutional restraints, which they didn't have to before. It will make it harder for them to argue their case, and easier for us because we will have the law of the land on our side.

The other thing to consider is that gun ownership, practice, and recreation is expensive. Many of us have money, not all of us all the time, but enough to support our favorite associations. We need to do so.

The town (restrictions by default) I live in will be voting to override proposition 2 1/2 on Monday. My wife and I will be voting against this. In the meantime, I will be sending GOAL some extra money I have in pocket.

I have no reason to support a town that doesn't support me. When it comes to gun rights, the Bradys and my town are my legal adversaries, and I wish to weaken them while I make myself, my friends and allies stronger.

Exactly. McCain is not perfect, but he's better than Obama.

You think McCain will appoint judges who will uphold the constitution? That means they would need to overturn McCain-Feingold. I don't see him appointing someone who would be willing to overturn his legislative legacy.

He also voted for Clinton's appointees, Breyer and Ginsberg.

Better than Obama? Yeah, probably, but well within the margin of error. Neither one of them is good for the country. Neither one will get my support.

You think McCain will appoint judges who will uphold the constitution? That means they would need to overturn McCain-Feingold. I don't see him appointing someone who would be willing to overturn his legislative legacy.

Better than Obama? Yeah, probably, but well within the margin of error. Neither one of them is good for the country. Neither one will get my support.

SCOTUS is one of the reasons I am voting for McCain:
McCain promised that, if elected, he would follow President Bush's model in choosing Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. and Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr.

That could establish a large conservative majority on the court for years. With conservatives in full control, the court would probably overturn Roe vs. Wade and the national right to have an abortion. The justices also could give religion a greater role in government and the schools, and block the move toward same-sex marriage.

Nonetheless, McCain said he thought that "abuse of judicial authority" had continued unchecked. "The result, over many years, has been a series of judicial opinions and edicts wandering farther and farther from the clear meanings of the Constitution," McCain said recently at Wake Forest University in North Carolina.

As an example, he pointed to the Supreme Court ruling three years ago that struck down the death penalty as "cruel and unusual punishment" for murderers who were under 18 at the time of their crimes. He said the 5-4 decision in the case of Roper vs. Simmons was based on "airy constructs" such as "the evolving standards of decency."

"The result was to reduce the penalty, disregard our Constitution and brush off the standards of the people themselves and their elected representatives," McCain said.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-scotus19-2008may19,0,4169081.story

Yes it is humorous to view people struggling to find excuses to vote for and support McCain. Hes well past being a Republican In Name Only and more of a moderate Democrat. But hes wearing our colors! So we much support him. But hes going to nominate the next SCOTUS judges...but they never look at his voting record. Hes going to be the anti-obama/clinton..but he tried to switch parties not even four years ago and seems to do more Democratic voting than some of the Democrats.

He says that SCOTUS judges should, “strictly interpret the Constitution of the United States and do not legislate from the bench.” Yet wants to strike down Roe. Vs. Wade.

He wants to protect the 2A with common sense gun laws (dont the Bradys say that also?), while signing gun show laws and placing restrictions on firearms.

Bullhockey.

Back
Top Bottom