Bottom Drops Out on AR market

There is no doubt the majority or a tad less bought them to keep,but there is also a number of people that waited to long to "cash-in" those are the ones praying their bottom tier AR gets $2500.

This has been going on since 1989 this isn't really new....it's just more vocal with social media outlets and the amount of new shooters.I remember Riley's having a sign fluorescence pink with black marker back in the early 90s with the Klinton ban saying "no more AKs!" Get yours now!There was no real panic.

Picked up a NIB Stag upper with bcg and charging handle today on gunbroker for 475. Seems like just a few months ago people where paying almost that for BCGs. Pretty happy with the price i think.

Picked up a NIB Stag upper with bcg and charging handle today on gunbroker for 475. Seems like just a few months ago people where paying almost that for BCGs. Pretty happy with the price i think.

If that is the case, then it should be even less to build one, right?

Let's see:
upper $99
BCG $130
sights $100?
forward assist and dust cover $20?
charging handle $25?
barrel $150?
front handguards $40?
assorted hardware $60

total
$624 for just the upper

Still tough to beat the pre-builts. Now, I just saw the other day that a complete AR-15 carbine or rifle was $666 for a Windham, which is a great make. Why can't I get half of that (the upper) for half the price ($333)?

Now, I just saw the other day that a complete AR-15 carbine or rifle was $666 for a Windham, which is a great make. Why can't I get half of that (the upper) for half the price ($333)?

Where was this? I don't need another one, but I like Windhams, especially at that price. They were $800-$900 pre crazy.

I actually looked and am shocked that no one has said it... I hope Winter/wayne loses his shirt on the rest of the shit he is trying to peddle [laugh]

Our illustrious member, winter. If you haven't seen his Ares Armor group buy, well... consider yourself lucky to have missed that cluster****.

Our illustrious member, winter. If you haven't seen his Ares Armor group buy, well... consider yourself lucky to have missed that cluster****.
Ya, that thread has be FR for a while, and in the last hour has gone off the charts. I would not be surprised if it gets locked soon. Glad I didn't get in on that one.

If that is the case, then it should be even less to build one, right?

Let's see:
upper $99
BCG $130
sights $100?
forward assist and dust cover $20?
charging handle $25?
barrel $150?
front handguards $40?
assorted hardware $60

total
$624 for just the upper

Still tough to beat the pre-builts. Now, I just saw the other day that a complete AR-15 carbine or rifle was $666 for a Windham, which is a great make. Why can't I get half of that (the upper) for half the price ($333)?

Lower stripped was 150 and lpk 80. All stag parts. So I'm into it for 705 total. Just need to install lpk, which is pretty easy. 705 for a new unfired stag seems pretty good to me. I already had a butt stock, so another 100 or so if I didn't I guess.

Last edited:
Good. I'm glad all the bozos who spent a fortune on buying them pissed away cash for no reason. Next on the list are the fools buying bulk .22 for 10 cents a round.

I agree with most posts here.... the tide has turned an prices have fallen on weapons....ammo is coming back into supply but prices are still not at pre-panic levels.

My take away on this last 6 months is:

1) It gave a wake up call to many people as to how poorly armed and ammo'ed up they are.

2) A new generation got some first had experience as to how gun control can spread across our nation like a wild fire!

3) The panic got a lot of fence sitters off the fence and now there are more armed citizens in our nation and ammo in their hands.

4) With new gun owners now running around, gun shops and gun ranges are expanding and there is more renewed interest in the "sport".

5) Ya some people paid crazy panic prices for guns and ammo.. I don't see them selling in the short run unless they REALY need the money.
That over charge is the price they had to pay for their waiting till the last moment....educational expense!

6) Those that bought in bulk to make a killing on the sheep... well you lost your money on the bet....welcome to risk capitalism!

7) Things may cycle again but better not bet on them always returning to normal... ammo, parts, spares mag's... get and have what you need in hand.
Better to have and not need then to need and not have!

8) On the federal level we dodged another "bullet" this time, next time we may not be so lucky!
However on the national state level we took casualties and some of us gun owners now have the yoke of oppression on them.

Hope we can learn from this experience [thinking]

Fantastic. My QD group buy uppers/lowers should (hopefully) be waiting at NSF for me right now. Sounds like the time to buy parts to make rifles out of them is at hand.

I am also buying an ar custom with a adams arms piston upper. Yes it's some money but I like the piston (don't hate on me) but I would rather buy what I want then regret it later if. Mass is limited for firearms and some times you just have to take advantage of an opportunity. Besides any left over money my wife spends

<------ Called it.

Looks like everything but ammo prices are close to pre-Sandy Hook.

PMAGs selling for $12 a piece. ORC AR-15s selling for $800...

Back
Top Bottom