• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bottom Drops Out on AR market

yeah, we've come full circle again

a buddy emailed me a photo of him in TN holding a Windham AR at Walmart for like $850. Not bargain basement pricing but still pretty close to pre craziness--and they were in stock!

Now if only the ammo would catch up. Which the ammo situation seems to be improving slightly, but still not shelf-full goodness yet.

Read somewhere that ammo orders are so backed up due to lack of raw material that it may take up to a year or more to catch up.

That matches the experience after 2008 election, took about two years before ammo was back in stock, maybe another year until good deals .

That matches the experience after 2008 election, took about two years before ammo was back in stock, maybe another year until good deals .

Time to be patient... I'm waiting for affordable projectiles to be available in 45 ACP. I'll be looking to get a couple thousand at a time (when ready). IME, it's not worth buying smaller amounts, unless they're the exact same projectiles. I don't want to have to keep setting the press up for different projectiles. Kicking myself for selling off what I had in November of last year.

So the 3 Lpk kits that I bought for $2500 each were over priced? Well perhaps I can sell my .22 rounds at $6.00 a round to offset the cost.

Looks like aLOT of people are either going to be stuck with things they'd like to sell or they're going to take it in the neck to move it.

C'est la vie

I should have sold all my MA compliant uppers for insane prices when I had the chance. I'm reluctant to build them into full guns now since I'll have unnecessary MA compliant ARs in NH.

The market is nowhere near fully recovered yet. Maybe on the level of being able to buy prefab tier-2/3 stuff it is.... Anyone looking for the good stuff knows its still a pain in the ass right now, although it's getting better.

-Mike

I should have sold all my MA compliant uppers for insane prices when I had the chance. I'm reluctant to build them into full guns now since I'll have unnecessary MA compliant ARs in NH.

Don't know of anyone NOT in MA actually wanting MA compliant uppers/ARs/rifles. Might be worth getting that part reversed on the barrels. Or replace the barrels with unmolested versions. [laugh]

Wait until all the panic bought reloading stuff hits the streets. Resale on that stuff is weak on a good day...

Wait until all the panic bought reloading stuff hits the streets. Resale on that stuff is weak on a good day...

Not really. Most of the guys buying the stuff will use it, unless they were just speculators. They can move it easily if they sell it at market prices. Boxes of bullets, primers and such, don't last long around here. A lot of gun shops, even during good times are poorly stocked with these things or sell them at retarded prices.

-Mike

That's right suckers, look at those credit card bills pile up. Hahahaha. I'm expecting to swoop in sometime before Christmas and buy some new toys with cash.

I'm glad I went with commie calibers for most of my guns. Last couple weeks it's 7.62x39 & 9mm Mak has been popping up for ~0.25/rnd or less by the case. Almost what it was pre-panic.

Basic AKs are popping up under $600 too. Nothing like the $399 deals that were floating around last year.

.22lr is still full retard though.

There still seems to be a high demand for quality pieces parts like Seekins and Noveske (for example).

Try buying parts to build one. I ordered a barrel and other barrel related stuff from RockRiver Arms last Dec 1. I've gotten 2 emails from them saying they still don't know when they can fill the order.

I was in on the .50BMG Tactilite upper group buy. Latest I heard (if I remember correctly) - was that they earliest we can expect to see them is August. It's been so long now I don't even remember when the order went in - but it was some time last year.

If not for the craziness, I wouldn't have gotten into 5.56/.223. I figured, if the world didn't end, it was gonna be a 20-30% haircut if I got out now. Turns out I still like the caliber and AR. It's all sunk cost for me now.

A huge win for that market nonetheless.

I was in on the .50BMG Tactilite upper group buy. Latest I heard (if I remember correctly) - was that they earliest we can expect to see them is August. It's been so long now I don't even remember when the order went in - but it was some time last year.

The order was in January and they had 16-20 week lead time then. We are on week 25 now and some models might be ready next month. If we have another group buy at the end of this year and the prices drop I will argue for a better discount.
It was hard to negotiate in a sellers market.

So $300 stripped lowers won't move? Bummer.

-Stalking via S3.-

Yeah, still kicking myself a bit for not capitalizing on the panic a few months back, but there was nothing that I felt was expendable in my collection since it was so unsure how the laws were going to end up. I definitely didn't feel it was worth the gamble to part with stuff I could never replace again (possibly).

Back
Top Bottom