Bottom Drops Out on AR market

That's why even cheap priced AR's are sitting in the classifieds here. Congratulations to all the ass hats who bought 14 AR's in December-May thinking they could spin them all. Now those same retards are stuck with them. Go Bushmaster!

I took this picture yesterday.

Colt's all packed in there, from the 6920 to the SOCOM "M4 A1" rollmarked model.

The bottom is definitely fallen out...

wallyworld_zps49f63c9f.png

I hear that QD lowers and uppers are still very hard to get. [laugh]

I got my .308 set already[rofl]

I procrastinated on buying an AR and then bought one in december after the crazyness. I know I over paid, but it is what it is. I don't really plan on selling it. I do however want to get a preban lower but I'm not sure if I should wait a little longer. I can't really gauge prices since I don't know what they were pre-FR.

With the potential of a ban on certain firearms at a federal level along with magazine restrictions, I applaud people who were willing to spend large amounts of money on guns. I wouldn't be surprised to find many of them are first time gun owners or people who owned one pistol but no AR type rifles. Although they waited till the near-end they did spend the money and did step up. For that, thumbs up.

Thumbs down because this also indicated the mind set of these people and the likely amount of political action they take. People, don't wait until impending doom, don't wait until your rights are gone to begin doing something about it. Get off your ass and participate.

With gold futures down, and AR futures down as well, now it the time to invest. Once they get down to about $100 for quality lowers, I'm going to buy about 10 of them just to hold onto for the next scare. My retirement fund could use the boost!

With gold futures down, and AR futures down as well, now it the time to invest. Once they get down to about $100 for quality lowers, I'm going to buy about 10 of them just to hold onto for the next scare. My retirement fund could use the boost!

$100 for lowers?? I just did a buy where forged AR15 lowers were $80. Should go green, you would know these things. [wink]

yeah, we've come full circle again

a buddy emailed me a photo of him in TN holding a Windham AR at Walmart for like $850. Not bargain basement pricing but still pretty close to pre craziness--and they were in stock!

i paid $850 for my Wyndham the week after all this BS started..I had been waiting for one to come in and I didnt get gouged thankfully

I think for the most part people are running out of money or spent their rainy day funds for the next year.

I made a small fortune since Nov...bought my sons 93 5.0.....bought a Dart 4bm for my 5.0 and still have 80% of my collection...I've sold 5 firearms and a bunch of knickknacks.

Maybe I am screwed up in the head but I can say I honestly paid to much for some ammo. I did buy .223 and .45 and some 9 at around .70 per round. Do I feel bad about it? No. If the circumstances were the same and I could not look into the future, I would do it again. This federal and state govt are and will continue to trample our rights on a whim. I did not buy any guns at crazy prices, or parts for that matter but the ammo that was me.

I didn't go full retard on anything AR related. Anything I bought during the craze, I did my research on, and paid normal pricing on it. (Pre Decemeber pricing)

I didn't go full retard on anything AR related. Anything I bought during the craze, I did my research on, and paid normal pricing on it. (Pre Decemeber pricing)

Same here with one exception. I did just buy a Mega upper/lower billet set which was a little more than I wanted to spend...but not miles above expectation.

Maybe I am screwed up in the head but I can say I honestly paid to much for some ammo. I did buy .223 and .45 and some 9 at around .70 per round. Do I feel bad about it? No. If the circumstances were the same and I could not look into the future, I would do it again. This federal and state govt are and will continue to trample our rights on a whim. I did not buy any guns at crazy prices, or parts for that matter but the ammo that was me.

I track everything and cringed at my highest for .223/5.56...I confess, I hopped in @ .60 a round (good news, it was Walmart for Winchester 5.56/20 rd), but I now feel safe enough to not pay over .42 -.45 a round.

Still feel like all giggly when I find the elusive 100rd Fed .223 bulk @ Walmart for 34.99 a pack.

Can say that I did not over pay for much 9mm or .22lr....friends had advised planning.

Net is...I did shoot it all...don't have a much bigger/smaller supply than I did when this all started, just cost averaged at a higher rate today.

And then there are those of us who have so much ammo from 6 or more years ago that it would last a half dozen daily shooters their lifetime. Still looking for the friggin Zombies. I still have like 25 or so battle packs of 855 I paid like 40 bucks for. You never know when Zombies will wear armor??!!

The bottom has definitely dropped. Every shop I've been into in the past week or two has tons of ARs and stripped lowers at pre-panic prices just sitting. I also have a very nice custom upper in the classifieds that I'm trying to sell a decent loss, (about $300 less than what you could build it for) and not a single PM over the past week.

Yup, bottom is almost here....

Just like 08

While everyone was panic buying black guns, I added depth in the mil surp collectible s area. I have not seen deals like I did from January to April for collectible s since I started collecting

Only bad part is I have no room left in the safe

Last edited:
perhaps I can manage a bulgarian buy back. I buy gun for $400 prices go full retard and I sell it for $800 4 months later market crashes and I buy it back for $300

I'm not putting it by the state of MA to turn this into a cluster like they have in all the other states that have passed new laws. Unless this turns into a no-reselling state like RI, I picture another round of "assault rifle" panic in our future.

Buy low, sell high!

With the potential of a ban on certain firearms at a federal level along with magazine restrictions, I applaud people who were willing to spend large amounts of money on guns. I wouldn't be surprised to find many of them are first time gun owners or people who owned one pistol but no AR type rifles. Although they waited till the near-end they did spend the money and did step up. For that, thumbs up.

Thumbs down because this also indicated the mind set of these people and the likely amount of political action they take. People, don't wait until impending doom, don't wait until your rights are gone to begin doing something about it. Get off your ass and participate.

+1 I'm not going to rip on these people that overpaid for firearms they intended to keep. But keep buying now that the prices are back to normal, so you don't get caught offguard in the future.

The speculators that overpaid expecting to flip the product for a profit...its America, so you win some, and you lose some!

Back
Top Bottom